Author [ES] [CA] [PL] [PT] [IT] [DE] [FR] [NL] [DK] [NO] [GR] [TR] Topic: Am I missing something?  (Read 1107 times)

Offline doggy

• Street Triple God
  • Bike: 765 RS + Monster796
  • City / Town: Kent
Re: Am I missing something?
« Reply #10 on: August 09, 2018, 05:32:49 PM »
Just bought my bike with 1500 miles on it  and was expecting to replace the supercorsa's in about another 1000 miles due to there track focus . Good news then that people are getting decent mileage from them . Would't want to be out on them today though with the amount of water on the roads .

Offline Scrubber

• Street Triple God
« Reply #11 on: August 09, 2018, 06:09:51 PM »
I only got the 765R Doggy. They did not come with the same tyre as the RS. Cheapskate version methinks, good riddance to bad rubbish. I was annoyed with them and decided to get rid of them when the back end slid out on a corner it should have not slid out on. Even on my way to the tyre place I had a slide on the front. Just silly. I hated them on my previous 2016 STR as well. when I bought that bike after the accident it felt a bit staid, unlike the five star hooligan-ism of my 2010 STR. Soon as I changed tyres the old feeling came back.
Warning. Do not neccesarily take everything I say as serious or the truth.

Offline Red

• Street Triple God
  • Carpe diem (na Kaapstad en terug)
« Reply #12 on: August 09, 2018, 07:15:43 PM »
Smart decision Scrubber

:305: :305: :305:
"Not just today"
"Vos es meus optimus amicus"
"We can't change the weather, only enjoy the challenges it brings."
"When the road gets rough, who needs tarmac? ;-)  X"
"Team Red Tours are go!"
"O" roads for the adventure
"Being quick is not about going fast,its about being slower less often"

Offline doggy

• Street Triple God
  • Bike: 765 RS + Monster796
  • City / Town: Kent
« Reply #13 on: August 09, 2018, 10:03:11 PM »
*Originally Posted by Scrubber [+]
I only got the 765R Doggy. They did not come with the same tyre as the RS. Cheapskate version methinks, good riddance to bad rubbish. I was annoyed with them and decided to get rid of them when the back end slid out on a corner it should have not slid out on. Even on my way to the tyre place I had a slide on the front. Just silly. I hated them on my previous 2016 STR as well. when I bought that bike after the accident it felt a bit staid, unlike the five star hooligan-ism of my 2010 STR. Soon as I changed tyres the old feeling came back.

MMmm, I've never had sports tyres in 25yrs . Give me a decent sports touring tyre anyday .
Makes me wonder how Triumph can sell a road bike with barely legal road tyres on . I would have thought 99% of people never replace them with like for like . How can you tell if they are worn out if they don't have any tread to start with? LOL .
Had two sets of Pirelli Angel st on my old MV and have a set on my Duc at the moment .

Offline nippykarl

• Street Triple Master
  • Bike: street RS
  • City / Town: Stevenage
« Reply #14 on: August 26, 2018, 09:09:45 AM »
my super corsa front has lasted 2000 miles rear is still ok, I find them ok never had a slide or lost grip, surprised me that the front went so quick must be heavy braking . for now will fit another sp then next year m7rr.

Online Tomspurs

• Street Triple God
  • 09 ST, CRF230F, DT175MX, DT175C, PE175Z, IT175J
  • Bike: 09 Hinkley ST
  • City / Town: Wallington
« Reply #15 on: August 26, 2018, 07:19:53 PM »
I didn't realise I had done over 4000 miles on my M7RR's.....look like new at the moment, so not bad for a Sports Tyre  :028:
Parc Ferme - Car Park Ross

Offline RedBikeAgain3

• Street Triple Pro
  • Bike: 2015 ST ABS noneR
  • City / Town: Lincoln
« Reply #16 on: August 26, 2018, 09:01:21 PM »
*Originally Posted by Tomspurs [+]
I didn't realise I had done over 4000 miles on my M7RR's.....look like new at the moment, so not bad for a Sports Tyre  :028:
Cool, good to know. Just ordered some M7RR's after I found a nail in the rear Pirelli DRC. Had them on my previous bike, an old Yam Fazer 600, and they felt great in all conditions

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Yam DT80, Honda CB250RS, Yam XJ650, Suzuki X7, Kawa GPz500, Honda CB-1 (400), Yam FZS600 and now ... ST

Offline PeterSampson

• Street Triple Master
  • Bike: Street Triple R
  • City / Town: Cheshire
« Reply #17 on: September 16, 2018, 05:35:40 PM »
My original OEM Supercorsa SPs  were lasting to 3,800 and due to be replaced - when I got knocked off - and the Stripler got written off.

I replaced it with another Stripler and this time I got 5,500 out of them, but the rear was getting uncomfortably squared-off.

My tyre fitter recommended Bridgestone S2s (they refer to them a "street-focused sports tyres) and I am very happy with them - Bridgestone bumph reckons they should be good for 8,000 km i.e. 5,000 miles.

Online Tomspurs

• Street Triple God
  • 09 ST, CRF230F, DT175MX, DT175C, PE175Z, IT175J
  • Bike: 09 Hinkley ST
  • City / Town: Wallington
« Reply #18 on: September 16, 2018, 05:49:59 PM »
*Originally Posted by PeterSampson [+]
My tyre fitter recommended Bridgestone S2s (they refer to them a "street-focused sports tyres) and I am very happy with them - Bridgestone bumph reckons they should be good for 8,000 km i.e. 5,000 miles.

Is that S20's or S21's .....or is there an S2 now  :027:  My mate loves his S21's
Parc Ferme - Car Park Ross

Offline PeterSampson

• Street Triple Master
  • Bike: Street Triple R
  • City / Town: Cheshire
« Reply #19 on: September 16, 2018, 05:54:51 PM »
*Originally Posted by Tomspurs [+]
Is that S20's or S21's .....or is there an S2 now  :027:  My mate loves his S21's
Sorry yes S21's   :431:

I paid 243 the pair ride-in/ride-out fitted

When I thought I was gonna be replacing the first set in the first bike the fitter offered me S20's a couple of years ago.

Even after just a couple of hundred miles I find myself loving the S21's, they drop into the bends very nicely indeed - not ridden in the wet yet, but the trad pattern looks like they should be better in the wet than the OEM Corsas
« Last Edit: September 16, 2018, 05:57:31 PM by PeterSampson »

Recent Posts/Topics

scandal-fat