Author [ES] [CA] [PL] [PT] [IT] [DE] [FR] [NL] [DK] [NO] [GR] [TR] Topic: Torx sizes  (Read 289 times)

Online RedBikeAgain3

• Street Triple Member
  • Topic Author
  • Bike: 2015 ST ABS noneR
  • City / Town: Lincoln
Torx sizes
« on: August 08, 2018, 12:09:34 PM »
I'm new to these torx bolts. Need to get some socket bits and maybe keys, but what sizes do I need?
From the bits in my multi screwdriver set, the small ish ones for the hugger are T30?, the heal plates held on by T40? What are the main frame/engine mounts (with the dimples round them)?
Any tips on makes of tool or where to buy?
Thanks in advance
David

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Yam DT80, Honda CB250RS, Yam XJ650, Suzuki X7, Kawa GPz500, Honda CB-1 (400), Yam FZS600 and now ... ST

Offline Stewarty

• Street Triple God
  • Bike: STRX
Re: Torx sizes
« Reply #1 on: August 09, 2018, 08:38:52 AM »
*Originally Posted by RedBikeAgain3 [+]
I'm new to these torx bolts. Need to get some socket bits and maybe keys, but what sizes do I need?
What are the main frame/engine mounts (with the dimples round them)?
Any tips on makes of tool or where to buy?
Thanks in advance
David

If I remember correctly I think they are size T-50. If your looking for a set that youll use now and then and not depend on using them daily to earn a living, Halfords is good enough.  :027:

Online Tomspurs

• Street Triple God
  • 09 ST, CRF230F, DT175MX, DT175C, PE175Z, IT175J
  • Bike: 09 Hinkley ST
  • City / Town: Wallington
« Reply #2 on: August 09, 2018, 02:44:41 PM »
Halfords is more than good enough...their "own brand" sockets etc are as good as anything else on the market. The Torx with the pin in the middle is a security Torx......search for a Torx set that has the hole in the middle as these will do both standard and security Torx set screws  :028:

Screwfix do a set here:    https://www.screwfix.com/p/laser-tx-bit-set-23pcs/1414f#product_additional_details_container
« Last Edit: August 09, 2018, 02:52:56 PM by Tomspurs »
Parc Ferme - Car Park Ross

Online RedBikeAgain3

• Street Triple Member
  • Topic Author
  • Bike: 2015 ST ABS noneR
  • City / Town: Lincoln
« Reply #3 on: August 09, 2018, 06:14:22 PM »
Thanks both for the advice.
I've got smaller torx bits as part of a Halfords screwdriver set ( had for years and one of my go to tools)
Remembered we have a great traditional ironmongers near work so picked up a set of Draper TX keys, some torx socket/bits and a 3/8" pivoted driver, all for 20. Covering sizes up to T55.  Yep the bigger torx on the ST are T50

Yam DT80, Honda CB250RS, Yam XJ650, Suzuki X7, Kawa GPz500, Honda CB-1 (400), Yam FZS600 and now ... ST

Offline Stewarty

• Street Triple God
  • Bike: STRX
« Reply #4 on: August 09, 2018, 11:19:05 PM »
*Originally Posted by Tomspurs [+]
Halfords is more than good enough...their "own brand" sockets etc are as good as anything else on the market.

My knuckles may say different, however, no brand seems to be the quality they once were. Think Ive tried all makes over the years as I have a tool fetish, my latest go to spanners are Wera Joker spanners, German Engineering for you again  :028:

Online Tomspurs

• Street Triple God
  • 09 ST, CRF230F, DT175MX, DT175C, PE175Z, IT175J
  • Bike: 09 Hinkley ST
  • City / Town: Wallington
« Reply #5 on: August 10, 2018, 06:17:38 AM »
Lidl is German and some great tools there on their specials. Tool special yesterday and another Sunday week  :028:
Parc Ferme - Car Park Ross

Recent Posts/Topics

scandal-fat