Author [ES] [CA] [PL] [PT] [IT] [DE] [FR] [NL] [DK] [NO] [GR] [TR] Topic: Vibration when breaking  (Read 950 times)

Offline gabik

• Street Triple Member
  • Bike: 675
  • City / Town: High Wycombe
Re: Vibration when breaking
« Reply #20 on: September 12, 2018, 06:47:19 AM »
Maybe its worth replacing wheel bearings. I have had some noises on low speed braking and bearings were the problem...

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Offline eilertsen

• Street Triple Member
  • Bike: 2018 RS
  • City / Town: Copenhagen
« Reply #21 on: September 12, 2018, 05:43:42 PM »
Hej Sren
i have had the same issue when the bike was new, but now after 3000km its gone away.
Also i noticed the same on a friends rs, and since its only when coming to a stop under 20 km/h i don't See it as a problem.
Best regards
Martin

Offline Soren

• Street Triple Member
  • Topic Author
  • Bike: Street Triple 765 RS
« Reply #22 on: September 12, 2018, 07:53:38 PM »
Hej Martin,

Thank you. I am relieved to hear that i am not the only one with this issue.
I agree. Its not a huge problem. But it had gotten inside my head and i was a bit worried it could be caused by other things than the brakes.
Do you have any idea what caused it?

Nice to see other Danes on the triples, by the way. I havent met one single Street or Speed triples on the roads yet.

Tak for hjlpen :028:
Sren

Offline eilertsen

• Street Triple Member
  • Bike: 2018 RS
  • City / Town: Copenhagen
« Reply #23 on: September 13, 2018, 09:14:55 AM »
*Originally Posted by Soren [+]
Hej Martin,

Thank you. I am relieved to hear that i am not the only one with this issue.
I agree. It's not a huge problem. But it had gotten inside my head and i was a bit worried it could be caused by other things than the brakes.
Do you have any idea what caused it?

Nice to see other Danes on the triples, by the way. I haven't met one single Street or Speed triples on the roads yet.

Tak for hjlpen :028:
Sren

Hi
I think it's just the design causing a slight pad viberation, don't know really!
I used to work as a shop Foreman at Stevens for eight years by the way, this is my fourth triumph.
It's not a common brand for sure (at least in denmark) but i have seen a couple new ones this summer.

Offline Soren

• Street Triple Member
  • Topic Author
  • Bike: Street Triple 765 RS
« Reply #24 on: September 13, 2018, 08:04:12 PM »
Ok...then i am pretty sure you know what you are talking about :062: Thanks again for the help.
I bought mine at Vagn Jensen Motorcykler a few weeks ago.
Still in the motorcycle business?

Offline thirdway

• Street Triple God
  • Bike: KTM 990 SMT
« Reply #25 on: September 20, 2018, 02:12:09 PM »
' effin Brembo brakes. Nowt but trouble. Discs warp as Pistons get partly seized. I have a long history with them. Ducati monster 1100s warped discs within 1200miles on a brand new bike, replaced with jap rotors. Ducati ST4s warped discs replaced with PFM. KTM rotors warped at 12000 miles and left Pistons corroded had to replace both pistons and rotors -unfortunately had to have Brembo replacement.

Brembo calipers are bad news. Infact some manufacturers advise to wash the piston surfaces with distilled water after every ride and then to dry gently with a hair drier. Anything and everything seems to damage the piston surfaces-including washing with jet/hose pipe. It isn't just bikes either-I've spoken to lots of mechanics and car owners that suffer the same issues.

Rotors and pads will have to be replaced. Make sure the pistons are cleaned and free of any damage to the Teflon surfaces as the tiny chips make them stick. Also ensure the brake reservoir is not over filled and the membrane is put back to its undeformed condition prior to fitting the reservoir top.

I've done an extensive write up about seal/piston replacement, rotor removal replacement and bleeding on this forum.
"Be the change you wish to see in the world"

Offline James13

• Street Triple Member
  • Bike: 765rs
  • City / Town: Worcester
« Reply #26 on: September 20, 2018, 07:25:42 PM »
Lol are you serious,don't send him on the wrong track as there is nothing wrong with the rs calipers ,compared to the crap on race bikes of 10 years ago they are brilliant ,for road leave the standard pads in ,for track change to a stronger pad and all is good ,these are some of the best brakes out there and I have had 3 tuono v4r ,s and the triumph is much better on the brakes and the tuono was really good ,maybe I don't hammer the brakes that much however

Offline thirdway

• Street Triple God
  • Bike: KTM 990 SMT
« Reply #27 on: September 20, 2018, 07:48:59 PM »
*Originally Posted by James13 [+]
Lol are you serious,don't send him on the wrong track as there is nothing wrong with the rs calipers ,compared to the crap on race bikes of 10 years ago they are brilliant ,for road leave the standard pads in ,for track change to a stronger pad and all is good ,these are some of the best brakes out there and I have had 3 tuono v4r ,s and the triumph is much better on the brakes and the tuono was really good ,maybe I don't hammer the brakes that much however

They are very good brakes, but they are prone to issues. There is nothing wrong with the standard pads either. They are made by Toshiba by the way and the Rotors are also Japanese. Personally I prefer Nissin for the reliability and the modulation is a nicer IMO. In future I will avoid Brembo as they have proven to be very expensive and inconvenient even if I lose a bit of ultimate performance.

Picking one post from the KTM forum https://www.ktmforum.co.uk/supermoto/42464-anyone-had-any-problems-front-brembo-brake-binding-seizing-2.html

But really you could find hundreds on any forum where bikes are fitted with Brembo.
« Last Edit: September 20, 2018, 07:55:20 PM by thirdway »
"Be the change you wish to see in the world"

Recent Posts/Topics

scandal-fat