Author [ES] [CA] [PL] [PT] [IT] [DE] [FR] [NL] [DK] [NO] [GR] [TR] Topic: Stolen/Recovered  (Read 494 times)

Offline Scrubber

• Street Triple God
  • Topic Author
Stolen/Recovered
« on: September 13, 2018, 02:13:20 PM »
I had my 765R stolen (and recovered) Parked it in Notting Hill Gate London W11. Went into a shop to do some shopping inside about 3 -4 mins as I was paying I looked over and the bike was gone! Someone saw them break the lock and wheel it away and hide it behind the shop and called the Police. I saw the cop car and went over to them and they said You lost a bike?. So they waited up it was a plain clothes car, to see if the scrotes came back, 4 on 2 scooters. Which they did but they saw the AA man loading the bike onto a trailer and spun round before the cops could stop them. It was very close. Expensive - new barrel, new lockstop, top clamp etc etc.  A very close shave.
Warning. Do not neccesarily take everything I say as serious or the truth.

Offline morebeanz

• Street Triple God
  • Bike: Street Triple 765 RS
  • City / Town: Guildford
Re: Stolen/Recovered
« Reply #1 on: September 13, 2018, 04:26:02 PM »
That sucks, and I feel for you, Scrubber!

It is hard to believe that even when lying in wait, the police still couldn't catch the shits...
I don't just count beans, I also understand the commercial significance of beans!

Offline Scrubber

• Street Triple God
  • Topic Author
« Reply #2 on: September 13, 2018, 05:08:04 PM »
Yeah well, if the scrotes had gone down a slope to where the bike was hidden behind a wall, then the Police would have had them. But they saw the AA van and spun round just after the plain clothes Police car, by the time the cops had started the engine they were gone. The Police were annoyed as well. Grr a whole new lockset needed. Cannot go around with two sets of keys!

Offline Red

• Street Triple God
  • Carpe diem (na Kaapstad en terug)
« Reply #3 on: September 13, 2018, 06:41:45 PM »
Thats shite news!!!!!!!!!!

Please it had not been riden around and damged more though.

This is getting a bit much with bike theft.

Hope you get sorted soon.

Insurance or not worth the hassle and increased premium?......latter I guess

:305: :305: :305:
"Not just today"
"Vos es meus optimus amicus"
"We can't change the weather, only enjoy the challenges it brings."
"When the road gets rough, who needs tarmac? ;-)  X"
"Team Red Tours are go!"
"O" roads for the adventure
"Being quick is not about going fast,its about being slower less often"

Offline Daytona765

• Street Triple Member
  • Bike: Daytona 675
  • City / Town: Midlands
« Reply #4 on: September 13, 2018, 08:02:48 PM »
Thats totally #### mate,
I watched a video on FB of 2 bike cops on enduro bikes catching some thieves on scooters the other day- was such a relief to see something actually happening about it.

I broke a cat B damaged 765RS last week to provide me with the engine for a project.
If theirs any parts I can help you with PM me & ill send you my number over

Offline creativeMG

• Street Triple Member
  • Bike: street triple 765r
  • City / Town: guildford
« Reply #5 on: September 13, 2018, 09:13:05 PM »
this is why i avoid london. i get the train if i have to go there as its just not worth it.
i know people live there and have to commute into it but the police cant stop these thieves and they are all over facebook, instagram etc posing with your bike and mocking everyone.
one is even going around with a disc cutter and cutting frames, car doors etc and posting video's of it.

the only way the police will get hold of the situation is to be given powers to run these scum off the road with extreme violent force and a full ban on pillion riders in every major city. i know that sounds harsh but these people trade on violence so the only response is violence. if they carrying someone then they know the rules and its tough, you get taken out.
if a few of them died by being shot or run over the message would go out and then they would think twice knowing the penalty is serious injury or death.
other countries use extreme force and its about time we did and drive them and there familes from the community.
its the only way, if it was a badly behaving animal which was a threat you put it down.

Offline Tomspurs

• Street Triple God
  • 09 ST, CRF230F, DT175MX, DT175C, PE175Z, IT175J
  • Bike: 09 Hinkley ST
  • City / Town: Wallington
« Reply #6 on: September 13, 2018, 09:26:26 PM »
...they needs to be caught and sent to Wormwood, where Scrubbs would get to choose if the cell key was kept or "stolen"....oooppps...so sorry son, you have to go without grub until we locate the bandit who robbed yer key.....maybe link the search time to the time the bike was stolen then recovered....... :211:
Parc Ferme - Car Park Ross

Offline Scrubber

• Street Triple God
  • Topic Author
« Reply #7 on: September 13, 2018, 11:06:31 PM »
Unfortunately Tom they are unlikely to go to Wormwood Scrubs. With it's cockroach and rodent infestation. The cops were so close to getting them. The Scrotes were spooked by the AA man. They did not notice the car with 3 coppers sitting there. And the coppers were seriously pissed of as well.
It is just annoying how much it costs to sort it out. Not bothering claiming with insurance, cost me more in the long run.
Talking of Wormwood Scrubs, I heard about a prisoner who was on a charge for catching rats, killing them and burning them in plastic bags. Life in a penal dustbin!

Offline Tomspurs

• Street Triple God
  • 09 ST, CRF230F, DT175MX, DT175C, PE175Z, IT175J
  • Bike: 09 Hinkley ST
  • City / Town: Wallington
« Reply #8 on: September 14, 2018, 06:14:18 AM »
*Originally Posted by Scrubber [+]
Talking of Wormwood Scrubs, I heard about a prisoner who was on a charge for catching rats, killing them and burning them in plastic bags. Life in a penal dustbin!

Maybe he was cooking a lite-lunch...still, the xtra charge servers the ratbag right  :211:
Parc Ferme - Car Park Ross

Offline bikerfromthemoon

• Street Triple God
  • Bike: 60 Triple R
  • City / Town: The moon
« Reply #9 on: September 14, 2018, 01:26:12 PM »
*Originally Posted by morebeanz [+]
That sucks, and I feel for you, Scrubber!

It is hard to believe that even when lying in wait, the police still couldn't catch the shits...

As you're in Guildford, I'm going to assume you've been to London. The Police trying to catch scrotes on Mopeds is both massively dangerous and virtually impossible, unless the cops are on bikes themselves due to the sheer wall to wall traffic of the city. The difference being, the scrotes are willing to mount kerbs and run people over, whereas the Police aren't willing to risk someones life, and their own career, and the Police's already dwindling popularity with the general public AND a law suit, over something like this.

(Not aiming this at you) People moan about the Police "not doing anything", which is laughable. They do loads. However, they can't help having their numbers dwindled down by circa 30'000 due to a Government that is hell bent on privatising everything to do with public services. Ironically, the same voting public are the ones that moan the most about the Police "not doing anything". Well, you know, stop voting for the nasty party and we'll likely see some change.

As a victim of bike theft in London myself, I can attest to how angering it is to see these idiots get away with it. But when they've got nothing to lose, no social outreach programs (again, Governments fault), know the law can barely touch them, and can make more money nicking a bike than most people do in a couple of days of genuine work....I can kind of understand it being as bad as it is. Albeit, I think the acid attacks have more or less stopped now (I hope). I have to admit I ride around with a bit of a pinched arsed most of the time, I rarely lift my visor up, and I might carry round a couple of things (nothing knifey) that I could use to protect myself if it came down to it.

*Originally Posted by STEEEVO [+]
on my road bicycle in skin tight short and shirts with tiny shoes on no gloves and a tiny helmet

Recent Posts/Topics