Author [ES] [CA] [PL] [PT] [IT] [DE] [FR] [NL] [DK] [NO] [GR] [TR] Topic: Stolen/Recovered  (Read 493 times)

Offline morebeanz

• Street Triple God
  • Bike: Street Triple 765 RS
  • City / Town: Guildford
Re: Stolen/Recovered
« Reply #10 on: September 14, 2018, 03:29:33 PM »
*Originally Posted by bikerfromthemoon [+]
As you're in Guildford, I'm going to assume you've been to London.

You'd be right, not least of which because I was born and grew up in London and only moved out to Guildford when I started a family!  :001:

I wasn't intentionally having a pop at the Police, but merely expressing disappointment that even when there is a chance to lock these #### up, it still seems impossible...  :019:
I don't just count beans, I also understand the commercial significance of beans!

Offline bikerfromthemoon

• Street Triple God
  • Bike: 60 Triple R
  • City / Town: The moon
« Reply #11 on: September 14, 2018, 05:10:51 PM »
Oh I know, wasn't suggesting you were having a pop :) I think a lot of people from outside the city (check the 'we ride London' group on Facebook, for example) are armchair experts on it. Blame it all on Police laziness, etc etc. It's irritating on both levels. We're the ones suffering the most thefts, we're the ones affected by daftness like the ULEZ (I'll tell a story about that in a sec) yet, loads of twonks from outside the city think they're experts on it. I'm northern before anyone gets upset, I moved down here about 10 years ago.

So, the ULEZ. Again, I'll assume you know about this (but for those who don't, it's an emissions change, meaning motorcycles made before 2007 have to pay 12.50 a day to ride into the quarter mile. This is set to expand to the ENTIRETY of the inner M25 in 2020). So, anyway...I'm looking for a new car, I only do about 3-5000 miles a year, so I thought...#### it, I'll get something powerful. My weapon of choice is a Lexus ISF. It's a 5 litre, 420bhp, V8 muscle car. An absolute monster, you'd be lucky to get 10mpg out of it when ridden with any kind of conviction. SO...I use the ULEZ checker, it's not subject to it, meaning I can drive in and out of the city without charge, as long as it's outside the congestion charge times. Both my 2 VFR750's AND my SV1000 can't be used, at all, ever, to ride into the city, unless I wanna pay 12.50 a day.

Which one of those do you reckon puts out the most pollutants? haha!
*Originally Posted by STEEEVO [+]
on my road bicycle in skin tight short and shirts with tiny shoes on no gloves and a tiny helmet

Offline doggy

• Street Triple God
  • Bike: 765 RS + Monster796
  • City / Town: Kent
« Reply #12 on: September 15, 2018, 09:24:58 PM »
Sorrry to hear about this . 3 minutes in a shop and the bike was gone, madness!!!.

Offline Scrubber

• Street Triple God
  • Topic Author
« Reply #13 on: September 15, 2018, 10:12:47 PM »
Yeah Doggy. I always said I would not leave this bike for long out of my sight. But even a few minutes is dangerous. Am going to just go back to my 2004 Hornet to do the daily hopping.
Warning. Do not neccesarily take everything I say as serious or the truth.

Recent Posts/Topics