Author [ES] [CA] [PL] [PT] [IT] [DE] [FR] [NL] [DK] [NO] [GR] [TR] Topic: Hello 👋 about to get a 765RS  (Read 243 times)

Offline Paradroid

• Topic Author
  • Bike: Fireblade SP 2016
  • City / Town: Preston
Hello 👋 about to get a 765RS
« on: September 13, 2018, 09:20:12 PM »
Hi all, I've had a test ride on a 765RS and am thinking of pulling the trigger. Currently got a Fireblade SP (the older 2016 model, not the latest Jonah bike haha).

Have enjoyed my time on the 'blade but am looking for something a bit less extreme, and the new Street Triple seems to fit the bill very well. Got a couple of other bikes to try but I doubt they will get close.

Can anyone help with a few questions?

1) Colour - I like the white but would have preferred the dark grey (from 2017?). Does anyone know why that colour went? And when do they normally change the colours? Can't see it being worth waiting until 2019 just on colour, but it would be interesting to know.

2) There is currently 500 deposit contribution available on the PCP, which makes it a good deal. I believe this is only until the end of the month. What's the normal situation with the Street Triple - is a contribution usually available or is this quite unusual?

Thanks folks.

Offline retsech

• Street Triple Master
  • Bike: Street Triple 2010
  • City / Town: Oxford
Re: Hello 👋 about to get a 765RS
« Reply #1 on: September 14, 2018, 06:07:08 PM »
Hello Paradroid - welcome to the site.
Pretty much every one on here would recommend that you go for the ST.
I can help with the financing but I can say the white looks great although personally I like black.
Whatever you choose I am sure you'll be pleased.
 :401:
Too old to die young.

Offline James13

• Street Triple Member
  • Bike: 765rs
  • City / Town: Worcester
« Reply #2 on: September 14, 2018, 06:36:10 PM »
Hi and welcome,I had the 2017 black rs then sold it for a tuono v4 my third tuono! Then regretted selling the rs so chopped the tuono in for the new matte black rs which I pick up next week,the dealer still had 2 new matte silver ones there and I was tempted as I like that colour but I always buy black bikes so waited for this one ,dealer is Hemel Hempstead triumph ,so if you want silver ring them ,I put a little on finance to get the 500 back on the new value however you will end up paying that back anyway on 6 per cent apr so if you buy outright and don't take the 500 you will probably get discount on any extras ,I got frame sliders ,tank pad ,engine case covers and asked them to fit my bonamici rear sets ,oh and arrow can us ,which is good on fueling and quiet for track ,there are nicer looking cans out there but too noisy for what I want!

Offline Paradroid

• Topic Author
« Reply #3 on: September 14, 2018, 09:04:58 PM »
Thank you both for the welcome and all the help, really appreciate it.

Might have made some progress on colour. I think what I really wanted is how the silver is presented in the brochure and online, but the penny has dropped - its heavily photoshopped isnt it!

In reality the silver is nice but not as dark or reflective, so I think white will suit me fine. It would be nice to see rhe Matt black though to make sure.  Bet it looks fantastic, really mean!!

Offline adiepage

• Street Triple Master
  • Bike: Street Triple std.
  • City / Town: HOLCOMBE ROGUS
« Reply #4 on: September 15, 2018, 12:40:13 AM »
*Originally Posted by Paradroid [+]
Thank you both for the welcome and all the help, really appreciate it.

Might have made some progress on colour. I think what I really wanted is how the silver is presented in the brochure and online, but the penny has dropped - its heavily photoshopped isnt it!

In reality the silver is nice but not as dark or reflective, so I think white will suit me fine. It would be nice to see rhe Matt black though to make sure.  Bet it looks fantastic, really mean!!

Don't know if it's acceptable to post links to items in another forum but wonder if this might be of interest :-

https://www.thetriumphforum.com/threads/for-sale-2018-triumph-street-triple-rs-765-nearly-new.15704/

I'd say that represents a hell of a bargain!  Worth a thought!

Oh, and welcome aboard the best forum on the net ......

Regards,

Adie

Offline Paradroid

• Topic Author
« Reply #5 on: September 15, 2018, 10:13:43 PM »
Wow thats an amazing bargain especially with the spec. If only he did PCP and trade ins!

Anyway it looks like Im sorted, deposit down on one in white! Really excited but got 3-4 weeks wait at least, they are hard to get hold of at the moment it seems.

Recent Posts/Topics