Author [ES] [CA] [PL] [PT] [IT] [DE] [FR] [NL] [DK] [NO] [GR] [TR] Topic: R&G tail tidy any good?  (Read 817 times)

Offline doolar

• Street Triple Member
  • Bike: -18 RS on order
  • City / Town: Limhamn
Re: R&G tail tidy any good?
« Reply #10 on: October 16, 2018, 07:40:15 AM »
The R&G tail tidy on my Street Triple R -13 and my Z1000 -09 were ok, I get the feeling here that the consensus is that it's nearly useless. It's not at all, but yes, it is cheaper. But it is very slim and tidy, the purpose of the whole thing.  :001:

I have not had any problem with the paint coming off, or other problem for that matter, and I live in Sweden with even more salt on the roads than in the UK.

Now I haven't owned the Evotech, and I'm sure it's a great piece of kit, and nicer than the R&G.. But the R&G is not that bad. I'll be getting the R&G on my RS that's on order.

Offline Street675IRL

• Street Triple Member
  • Topic Author
  • Bike: 2013 Street Triple R
  • City / Town: Waterford
« Reply #11 on: October 16, 2018, 11:01:34 AM »
*Originally Posted by doolar [+]
The R&G tail tidy on my Street Triple R -13 and my Z1000 -09 were ok, I get the feeling here that the consensus is that it's nearly useless. It's not at all, but yes, it is cheaper. But it is very slim and tidy, the purpose of the whole thing.  :001:

I have not had any problem with the paint coming off, or other problem for that matter, and I live in Sweden with even more salt on the roads than in the UK.

Now I haven't owned the Evotech, and I'm sure it's a great piece of kit, and nicer than the R&G.. But the R&G is not that bad. I'll be getting the R&G on my RS that's on order.

I have used lots of R&G products over the years including tail tidys and there stuff is good never any issues. And I agree its desinged for purpose and works. Best of luck with the new bike 👍🏻

Offline retsech

• Street Triple Master
  • Bike: Street Triple 2010
  • City / Town: Oxford
« Reply #12 on: October 16, 2018, 10:08:35 PM »
Hi, clearly getting some different views hear.
If it's any use I'm with Mr Spurs on this one.  I have the R&G tail tidy on my 2010 ST.  It is quite flimsy.  Also you might need to add a reflector.  Personally, I would not recommend.  Also I don't believe it's compatible with a Triumph grab rail if you want to take a pillion passenger.
Too old to die young.

Offline TheFrog

• Street Triple Pro
  • Bike: 2017 RS
  • City / Town: Lisbon
« Reply #13 on: October 17, 2018, 06:40:05 PM »
Evotech all the way. As Henry Ford said, "Quality remains long after low prices are forgotten".

Offline fubar69

• Street Triple Master
  • Bike: street triple
  • City / Town: Bordon
« Reply #14 on: October 17, 2018, 08:38:19 PM »
Nope, theyre sh**. Had one on my 2010 street, it cracked. They replaced it under warranty and that cracked. I then riveted a piece of metal either side of cracks as apparently it want covered by warranty anymore. 
Go evotech.
Fun stuff = Zxr400, Daytona 675, Striple 675, Speed 1050, Striple 675 (bought it back and keeper),
Work mules = Versys 650, Kawasaki er6f, Suzuki gsx1250fa, Kawasaki z1000sx

Offline Tomspurs

• Street Triple God
  • 09 ST, CRF230F, DT175MX, DT175C, PE175Z, IT175J
  • Bike: 09 Hinkley ST
  • City / Town: Wallington
« Reply #15 on: October 17, 2018, 09:12:14 PM »
Fubar..I think i've seen your crack...or was it Pauls...or maybe both  :192:    :007:
Parc Ferme - Car Park Ross

Offline fubar69

• Street Triple Master
  • Bike: street triple
  • City / Town: Bordon
« Reply #16 on: October 17, 2018, 09:46:19 PM »
Must of been Pauls. Remember, I dont ride my bike.
Fun stuff = Zxr400, Daytona 675, Striple 675, Speed 1050, Striple 675 (bought it back and keeper),
Work mules = Versys 650, Kawasaki er6f, Suzuki gsx1250fa, Kawasaki z1000sx

Offline gmercer1

• Street Triple Member
  • Bike: Street Triple r
  • City / Town: Bolton
« Reply #17 on: October 18, 2018, 08:30:33 AM »
*Originally Posted by TheFrog [+]
Evotech all the way. As Henry Ford said, "Quality remains long after low prices are forgotten".
Totally agree....put one on mine last week and the build quality is top notch! Well worth the extra few pounds I'd say.

Offline Trumpy2018

• Street Triple Member
  • Bike: Street Triple RS
  • City / Town: Sussex
« Reply #18 on: October 18, 2018, 08:35:23 AM »
I put an evotech on my Street Triple RS, the build quality is superb and so easy to do!!

Offline alan1961

• Street Triple Pro
  • Bike: 2010 R
  • City / Town: Witney
« Reply #19 on: October 18, 2018, 11:00:43 AM »
Any one got a photo of the evotech fitted to a 10 plate still with the underseat exhaust please?

Recent Posts/Topics