Author [ES] [CA] [PL] [PT] [IT] [DE] [FR] [NL] [DK] [NO] [GR] [TR] Topic: Slip on's and fuelling  (Read 1431 times)

Offline James13

• Street Triple Member
  • Bike: 765rs
  • City / Town: Worcester
Re: Slip on's and fuelling
« Reply #10 on: October 25, 2018, 07:04:46 PM »
I am in the same dilemma myself but mine is for  track use so I need 98db,if you look back to 2005 saygsxr1000 with no EU crap it ran really smoothly but to pass noise tests the exhausts were longer and this in turn created better flow and more power ,I know I had one but I had a long can and it ran really well,part of the street triple is is has that short low down can that blends into the bike to make it look really slim so to if you want to get rid of the cat in the headers and are not bothered my a small noise increase then go for it,but if you are bothered then leave the cat and pick any of the aftermarket cans that you like ,I just got a spare set of headers really cheap so I am sending them for a decat with link pipe and a long exhaust to see how it goes plus either a pcv or similar ,but if you want a decat I recommend you go to someone who knows what they are doing ie don't drill out the cat it needs to be cut off then similar size pipe to the headers put on otherwise you have a huge area left that is not good for the bike .imo for road enjoy the bike ,put a can on if you like and have fun ,for track maybe spend some more and see where you are at but if you want 200 hp maybe buy an r1

Offline VBui

• Street Triple Master
  • Bike: 2014 Street Triple R
« Reply #11 on: October 25, 2018, 07:24:08 PM »
I actually like having a catalytic converter on my bike because it stops me smelling of fumes during and after a ride, yes it suppresses some of the sound but to me its worth it.

Offline James13

• Street Triple Member
« Reply #12 on: October 25, 2018, 07:44:12 PM »
I think you may miss the point ,I have no issue with the cat being there on a street bike and if I used my bike mainly on street I would leave it well alone and either leave the standard can or change it if I wanted to .as far as smelling of petrol or fumes by removing it I think is a little far fetched ,I am sure my gixer didn't smell of fumes and I know my last 2014 tuono v4 didn't either and both of those had no cat ,the new gixer 1000 has the cat in the can so when you change exhaust the cat goes ,the japs make it easy for you and so do the Italians ,aprilia sell a race map specific for a decat exhaust that does not effect your warranty so so if you smell of fumes if you hp age removed a cat on another bike you obviously don't have your af in the right ball park

Offline gary1966

• Street Triple God
  • Bike: daytona 675R 2014
  • City / Town: Bury St Edmunds
« Reply #13 on: December 25, 2018, 09:08:42 AM »
My RS was on the dyno last week the guy had previously dynoed the RS with standard exhaust he said fueling was spot on 117bhp, dynoed mine last week with Sc project sc1-r fueling was way off and mid range was down on the standard exhaust but made 118bhp, as my bike is going to be a track toy we went for a decat and using a mhp titanium link pipe with there slip on exhaust 125 bhp at the rear wheel. That is higher than my last trackbike Daytona 675R 2014 and I spent a lot on that bike.

Offline James13

• Street Triple Member
« Reply #14 on: December 25, 2018, 09:35:15 AM »
I have the mhp system as well,with rapid bike ,done at the same place as yours ,bike is running very well can't wait to try it on track

Offline gary1966

• Street Triple God
  • Bike: daytona 675R 2014
  • City / Town: Bury St Edmunds
« Reply #15 on: December 25, 2018, 10:53:29 AM »
*Originally Posted by James13 [+]
I have the mhp system as well,with rapid bike ,done at the same place as yours ,bike is running very well can't wait to try it on track

Hi James, you coming to Cartagena in 3 weeks and counting 🏁🏁

Offline James13

• Street Triple Member
« Reply #16 on: December 25, 2018, 02:46:25 PM »
*Originally Posted by gary1966 [+]
Hi James, you coming to Cartagena in 3 weeks and counting 🏁🏁
unfortunately no! Am holding out for sunny mallory park and oulton in early February!! Let me know how your bike goes in Cartagena with the exhaust and rapid bike ,will be interested to hear the results! Have fun

Offline doggy

• Street Triple God
  • Bike: 765 RS + Monster796
  • City / Town: Kent
« Reply #17 on: December 25, 2018, 09:35:11 PM »
I have the Arrow can on my 765 RS and it's smooth as silk . Got a sc1-R coming soon, will let you know if it feels any different  :028:

Offline James13

• Street Triple Member
« Reply #18 on: December 26, 2018, 07:23:54 AM »
*Originally Posted by doggy [+]
I have the Arrow can on my 765 RS and it's smooth as silk . Got a sc1-R coming soon, will let you know if it feels any different  :028:
i had the arrow on mine which was great ,I reckon the sc1 will be fine but any exhaust will benefit from a pcv or rapid bike I would think

Recent Posts/Topics

scandal-fat