Author [ES] [CA] [PL] [PT] [IT] [DE] [FR] [NL] [DK] [NO] [GR] [TR] Topic: TFT screen upgrade coming.  (Read 2784 times)

Offline andymarks

• Street Triple Master
  • Bike: STR 2011
  • City / Town: Ramsgate
Re: TFT screen upgrade coming.
« Reply #20 on: November 09, 2018, 10:16:39 PM »
Im all for this looks like they were forward thinking when they designed the tft for the new models. Id like to see a dedicated gps chip rather than use the one on your phone as using gps on your phone kills the battery (my iPhone lasted 1,5 hours using google maps navigation on a recent trip to France).

Id also like a theme designer but thats because I love gadgets...

Ill be getting one for my speed when theyre released.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Offline doolar

• Street Triple Member
  • Bike: -18 RS on order
  • City / Town: Limhamn
« Reply #21 on: November 09, 2018, 10:30:07 PM »
*Originally Posted by andymarks [+]
Im all for this looks like they were forward thinking when they designed the tft for the new models. Id like to see a dedicated gps chip rather than use the one on your phone as using gps on your phone kills the battery (my iPhone lasted 1,5 hours using google maps navigation on a recent trip to France).

Id also like a theme designer but thats because I love gadgets...

Ill be getting one for my speed when theyre released.

You should see better battery life with any phone using Triumphs new module, since your phones screen can be turned off. But yea, the USB port under the seat will come in handy on longer trips.

Offline andymarks

• Street Triple Master
  • Bike: STR 2011
  • City / Town: Ramsgate
« Reply #22 on: November 09, 2018, 10:46:20 PM »
*Originally Posted by doolar [+]
You should see better battery life with any phone using Triumphs new module, since your phones screen can be turned off. But yea, the USB port under the seat will come in handy on longer trips.
That was with the phone in my pocket and just using Bluetooth to my headset lol. Will be interesting to see how it all works together.

Offline doolar

• Street Triple Member
« Reply #23 on: November 09, 2018, 10:57:36 PM »
*Originally Posted by andymarks [+]
That was with the phone in my pocket and just using Bluetooth to my headset lol. Will be interesting to see how it all works together.

Wow ok haha perhaps your battery is not too well then? My phone lasts about 3-4 hours with Google Maps AND screen on.  :002: And I have a cheap-ish Android.

Anyway, cant wait even less now, my new RS is stored at the dealer until spring, this news somehow made the waiting even worse. On the other hand, the bikes in the right place to get a fast installation.  :001:

Offline TheFrog

• Street Triple Pro
  • Bike: 2017 RS
  • City / Town: Lisbon
« Reply #24 on: November 11, 2018, 09:52:50 PM »
I like the idea of connectivity and GPS, etc, but I'm not really sold on the look of the new dash. The design reminds me of bathroom scales, or some kind of kitchen equipment... I prefer the current TFT dash, so I hope we just get a big update to the original design.

Offline hotmetal

• Street Triple God
  • Bike: Street Triple R 2009
  • City / Town: Thames Valley
« Reply #25 on: November 12, 2018, 10:44:34 AM »
Personally I'm glad the GPS needs to be on your phone and is not integrated into the dash somehow. It might be cool to be able to say you're bike has a built in lap timer, but there is a privacy-related flip side to having built in GPS that anyone who likes riding fast should probably consider...

_______
The only V8 I'm likely to own comes in one litre tetrapaks and tastes like celery.

_________
Play nicely!
Bikes I've had:
Vespa 150 Super, GPz500s, FZR600R, ZX6R, FZS1000 (x2), 2009 Matt Graphite STR
and some pedally ones as well!

Offline Obiwanandahalf

• Street Triple Member
« Reply #26 on: November 12, 2018, 03:17:02 PM »
*Originally Posted by TheFrog [+]
I like the idea of connectivity and GPS, etc, but I'm not really sold on the look of the new dash. The design reminds me of bathroom scales, or some kind of kitchen equipment... I prefer the current TFT dash, so I hope we just get a big update to the original design.
New dash? Looks like an upgrade to the existing one. It looks like the bottom line where you can change the mpg/modes/ themes etc, will scroll across to the turn by turn directions

Sent from my SM-G950F using Tapatalk
« Last Edit: November 12, 2018, 03:24:05 PM by Obiwanandahalf »

Offline Obiwanandahalf

• Street Triple Member
« Reply #27 on: November 12, 2018, 03:26:23 PM »
*Originally Posted by Obiwanandahalf [+]
New dash? Looks like an upgrade to the existing one. It looks like the bottom line where you can change the mpg/modes/ themes etc, will scroll across to the turn by turn directions

And I don't know what bike they took that photo cos at 9000rpm in 3rd I'm doing a lot more than 53mph.

Offline doolar

• Street Triple Member
« Reply #28 on: November 12, 2018, 05:43:04 PM »
*Originally Posted by TheFrog [+]

I think the "bathroom scale" one is for the new Scrambler, the Street will keep the current design.

Offline C.frankham

• Bike: 17 street triple rs
« Reply #29 on: January 08, 2019, 05:48:54 PM »
Hi,
From speaking with my local dealer, Ongar motorcycles, the update will be free and all the bits need for the update are already in the bike.

Hopefully this will just be as simple as dropping the bike in for a plug in and update. But when is anything ever that easy.

Recent Posts/Topics