Author [ES] [CA] [PL] [PT] [IT] [DE] [FR] [NL] [DK] [NO] [GR] [TR] Topic: Counterfeit exhaust?  (Read 568 times)

Offline Tripleboo

• Topic Author
  • Bike: Street triple 765 R
  • City / Town: Stockholm
Counterfeit exhaust?
« on: November 10, 2018, 01:54:11 PM »
There is a Austin Racing pipe up for auction on eBay.
I actually planned on sniping that one. But thought I might do some more research. After doing a bit of google I found the exact same listing, the very same picture (it's laying on top of a package with the shipping bill on, so no doubt there...) The description is exactly the same, word for word, the seller had only used it for 3 months and now sold the bike. The thing is that according to the old eBay listing the item had sold for 390 august 14 of a different seller...How is that?
Makes you wonder right...

Cheers!
Magnus
Here I am!

Offline Admin

• Administrator
Re: Counterfeit exhaust?
« Reply #1 on: November 10, 2018, 03:56:06 PM »
Think you're wrong to make an assumption like that.

If it's 3 months then maybe the guy bought it from the seller in the original listing. It's not uncommon to reuse photos, I've done that in the past myself.

Why not message him on ebay and ask ?

Offline Tripleboo

• Topic Author
  • Bike: Street triple 765 R
  • City / Town: Stockholm
« Reply #2 on: November 10, 2018, 04:09:34 PM »
*Originally Posted by Admin [+]
Think you're wrong to make an assumption like that.

If it's 3 months then maybe the guy bought it from the seller in the original listing. It's not uncommon to reuse photos, I've done that in the past myself.

Why not message him on ebay and ask ?

I guess you're right, I could ask if he has an invoice or something to prove autentecy.
If not I guess I will pass. The thing is that in the description (exactly as the earlier listing) the seller claims I bought it new for 799 (think the retail price is 599) the problem with Austin Racing and others is that there are quite a few knock offs around.

Cheers!
M
« Last Edit: November 10, 2018, 04:25:33 PM by Tripleboo »
Here I am!

Offline WillyLee

• Street Triple Member
  • Ride just got more fun !!
  • Bike: STR
  • City / Town: ASIA
« Reply #3 on: November 13, 2018, 11:59:10 PM »
It's good to check it out more, many items sold online are fake. Can be from Ohlins to aftermarket exhaust as there are genius everywhere to duplicate it.

Never a boring ride with STR

Offline Bel

• Street Triple God
  • Bike: Carbonised STR
« Reply #4 on: November 15, 2018, 02:26:13 PM »
Same here. Someone stole one of my photos of a carbon covered tank (he doesn't have the same bloody tank), I told him to remove it
Owner of CarbonFBR, for a peek at some carbon goodness please visit www.CarbonFBR.com, FB at https://www.facebook.com/motorcyclecarbonfiber or Twitter at https://twitter.com/CarbonFBRdotcom

Recent Posts/Topics