Author [ES] [CA] [PL] [PT] [IT] [DE] [FR] [NL] [DK] [NO] [GR] [TR] Topic: What bike next ?  (Read 3327 times)

Offline murp

• Street Triple Pro
  • City / Town: south essex
Re: What bike next ?
« Reply #10 on: December 23, 2018, 11:16:07 PM »
ktm 790 duke.. after test riding it .... it's the only bike that tempted me away from the street triple....
« Last Edit: December 23, 2018, 11:22:34 PM by murp »

Offline murp

• Street Triple Pro
  • City / Town: south essex
« Reply #11 on: December 24, 2018, 07:31:28 AM »
maybe 790 not for you cos after reading original post you want a fairing.... Merry Christmas  to all

Sent from my SM-G950F using Tapatalk

Offline Scrubber

• Street Triple God
« Reply #12 on: December 24, 2018, 10:06:35 AM »
The new Norton engine is certainly made in China. Not sure about the rest of it.
Warning. Do not neccesarily take everything I say as serious or the truth.

Offline Street675IRL

• Street Triple Pro
  • Bike: 2013 Street Triple R
  • City / Town: Waterford
« Reply #13 on: December 24, 2018, 12:03:53 PM »
When I sold my 2009 str I went through a few bikes, I had a mt09 for awhile with custom Dyno tune and sorted suspension I enjoyed it but I couldnt really gel with the super moto style sitting position and a few other things but the engine was creamy smooth. Then I had mt07 for a little spell great engine it ends there unfortunately. I just wanted another triumph street triple R for reasons I dont have to rant on about the majority of people on hear know why. I was at this years nec looking at all the new middleweight naked Im sorry but theres only one word comes to mind BUDGET.. exception for triumph tho 😂. Every review I read or watch on new bikes is, its a great bike get remap, change the shock, front forks are too soft so on. Its a class thats getting so competitive with prices I think manufacturers are loosing touch with build quality and parts longevity/spec. Just my opinion of course.

Offline Street675IRL

• Street Triple Pro
  • Bike: 2013 Street Triple R
  • City / Town: Waterford
« Reply #14 on: December 24, 2018, 12:07:08 PM »
*Originally Posted by murp [+]
ktm 790 duke.. after test riding it .... it's the only bike that tempted me away from the street triple....

Lovely looking bike!!

Offline fubar69

• Street Triple Master
  • Bike: street triple
  • City / Town: Bordon
« Reply #15 on: December 26, 2018, 08:28:02 PM »
If youre considering a gsxf1000 i would definately have a look at the Kawasaki z1000sx. I have one as my commuter and my street is for fun.
Ive taken it to Ypres and Assen and its nice and comfy with ample wind protection, the screen is adjustable.
Its quick and great fun with a healtech quickshifter.
I also find it quite easy to throw around for a thousand and with a big old rear tyre looks nice and aggressive from behind.
Great bike.
Fun stuff = Zxr400, Daytona 675, Striple 675, Speed 1050, Striple 675 (bought it back and keeper),
Work mules = Versys 650, Kawasaki er6f, Suzuki gsx1250fa, Kawasaki z1000sx

Offline Harrycaine

• Street Triple Pro
  • Topic Author
  • Bike: Street Triple 2015
  • City / Town: Sussex
« Reply #16 on: December 27, 2018, 05:40:30 PM »
Thank you all for the feeback.

Have added the XSR900 to the list as a customisable street bike, it looks really handsome, although I do wonder if the range is enough with a 14l tank. I can get 180+ on the STR (10 miles after range reads 0)
The VFR looks really heavy even the 2014+ version
The Z1000SX might be a bit heavy, but will give it some consideration.
The KTM looks fun but having seen one in the flesh I am not convinced by the all weather quality and anyway after a naked Triumph I really need a bit of fairing, my Puig screen helps a lot but I want more.Maybe if they do a RC790 ?
The Thruxton is a pretty thing but maybe a bit heavy and I'm not sure it's designed as an all year all weather machine. Anyway my personal taste is not for retro's. The Nortons are interesting but currently seem to be roadsters/nakeds Budget by the way is not a huge consideration within reason
I actually had a BMW F800S myself  (sporty version of F800ST---F800GT), not a bad bike and ticks all the boxes but maybe a bit dull, possibly would still have it if the engine hadn't gone bang.
The GSXS1000f has a bit more power than I really need and looks damm ugly.

Duke is top of the armchair list but I must try one.

What I want is a lightweight sports but not supersports bike ~100bhp, half faired with a decent 180M+ range....I think I am the only one who wants that combintaion as there is not too much choice....the search continues...will warm this thread back up once I get in some test rides.

HC

Offline Tomspurs

• Street Triple God
  • 09 ST, CRF230F, DT175MX, DT175C, PE175Z, IT175J
  • Bike: 09 Hinkley ST
  • City / Town: Wallington
« Reply #17 on: December 27, 2018, 05:46:55 PM »
I have the F800ST as my second bike / commuter....how about doing the same and keeping the Street if you can afford it  :027:
Parc Ferme - Car Park Ross

Offline noggin

• Street Triple Master
  • Bike: MV Brutale 920
  • City / Town: Durham
« Reply #18 on: December 28, 2018, 04:34:53 PM »
*Originally Posted by Harrycaine [+]

What I want is a lightweight sports but not supersports bike ~100bhp, half faired with a decent 180M+ range....I think I am the only one who wants that combintaion as there is not too much choice....the search continues...will warm this thread back up once I get in some test rides.

HC

I ended up buying a Turismo Veloce for a similar reason you have stated, still have my Brutale as well. MV support and prices will put a lot of people off though

Offline PeterSampson

• Street Triple Master
  • Bike: Street Triple R
  • City / Town: Cheshire
« Reply #19 on: December 28, 2018, 05:30:05 PM »
*Originally Posted by adiepage [+]
Nobody has suggested the Thruxton R with that beautiful sports half fairing.  It's highly suited to short/old/weak/ugly riders - and, no I haven't got one.  Yet.  Loads of power,  loads of character, loads of accessories to play with.  Oh, and loads of money ..... but you didn't set a budget or limit so it stays number one on my list. 
If I was trading in my 675 Srtipler I'd love the Thruxton - I loved it when they loaned me one when my Stripler was in for a service.

Recent Posts/Topics

scandal-fat