Author [ES] [CA] [PL] [PT] [IT] [DE] [FR] [NL] [DK] [NO] [GR] [TR] Topic: Givi TE6405 Racks & 3D600 Easylock Panniers: OK with STR Grab Handles?  (Read 475 times)

Offline Mitch

• Street Triple Member
  • Topic Author
  • Bike: 2015 Street Triple R
  • City / Town: Lanc's
Hi, does anyone know for sure if Givi TE6405 Racks & 3D600 Easylock Panniers can be fitted to a 2015 Triumph Street Triple R, with the standard Triumph Grab Handles in place?,
(OR would the Grab Handles have to be removed to fit them to avoid a foul)?

# SportsbikeShop, don't know.
 # When I asked if they have a contact at Givi, they said, "Oh, they are not very helpful"!
 # Although the Givi Installation Instructions PDF don't say that the Racks are Not compatible with the Grab Handles, they don't show them either!
 # I could order and try them, and if not OK send them back, but I was really hoping someone might already know the answer!

Cheers, Mitch

Offline Green_Ninja

• Street Triple Master
  • Bike: Street RS/Street R
  • City / Town: Sale
Re: Givi TE6405 Racks & 3D600 Easylock Panniers: OK with STR Grab Handles?
« Reply #1 on: December 27, 2018, 02:58:55 PM »
I don't know the answer but if the instructions say they aren't compatible there's probably a good reason. Does the fitting use the grab handle fixing bolts?
It may be possible to work out from the instructions why they aren't compatible.

Offline Mitch

• Street Triple Member
  • Topic Author
« Reply #2 on: December 27, 2018, 05:16:26 PM »
Hi Green_Ninja. Thanks for your reply. Just to clarify, the Givi PDF Installation instructions Do Not say that they are incompatible, they just don't show the Optional Triumph Grab handles. It would have been helpful if Givi had said one way or the other in the instructions. No the Pannier Racks and the Grab Handles do not use the same fixing points. Cheers, Mitch.

Offline RedBikeAgain3

• Street Triple Pro
  • Bike: 2015 ST ABS noneR
  • City / Town: Lincoln
« Reply #3 on: December 27, 2018, 08:37:49 PM »
Mitch, have a search in the For Sale section for GIVI and youll find a good number of pictures of the racks on the ST (none with grab rails though).
Do you have grab rails on at the moment? I had them on the bike and Ive a strong feeling that the top rails of the rack will foul the grab rails

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
Yam DT80, Honda CB250RS, Yam XJ650, Suzuki X7, Kawa GPz500, Honda CB-1 (400), Yam FZS600 and now ... ST

Offline Mitch

• Street Triple Member
  • Topic Author
« Reply #4 on: December 27, 2018, 10:10:52 PM »
Hiya Red, OK, thanks for your thoughts. Yes, I have studied the pics on the forum, plus the Givi site, and also wider on the internet, all a great source of info. Iv'e also taken some of my bike at the same angles, so to be able to do a direct comparason. However, it's still difficult to be sure. Anyway I will give it a little more thought/time, and will probably buy them, if I can't find someone who knows. Cheers, Mitch...

Offline RedBikeAgain3

• Street Triple Pro
« Reply #5 on: December 29, 2018, 12:56:24 PM »
Hi Mitch, do you have the grab rails on already. I didnt find them a great help for the passenger as they tended to pivot over their wrists, like a gymnast on parallel bars. Ive gone with an SWMotech rack and Givi top box mounted using the grab rail mounting holes. Though the grab rails are better for manoeuvring the bike around. SWMotech do some semi ridged panniers with frames too.
Check out the SHAD semi ridged / soft pannier frames too, they mount on the grab rail holes - they look like they would mount with the grab rails in place, probably with longer bolts.
Sorry - lots more probablies and maybes.
I think youre right in your conclusion that you may well have to order the GIVI frames and see. 

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
Yam DT80, Honda CB250RS, Yam XJ650, Suzuki X7, Kawa GPz500, Honda CB-1 (400), Yam FZS600 and now ... ST

Offline Mitch

• Street Triple Member
  • Topic Author
« Reply #6 on: December 30, 2018, 09:02:30 PM »
Hiya Red,
               Many thanks for your info. Yes, I've fitted some grab rails on already!, We discovered how firm the suspension is on the Street Triple R, when we rode it home and my wife Di left the seat over a bump! So we decided it would be a good thing to get some Grab Handles for her to cling on to. They certainly make it a heck of a lot easier manouvering the bike around in the garage now they are on, but we haven't had the chance for her to try them when she has another ride on the back.

Point noted about the wrist position not sounding ideal, so I will have to see what she says about that. OK on your SWMotech rack and Givi top box, and the fact that they do some semi ridged panniers with frames too. I have also looked at the SHAD semi ridged/soft pannier frames too. I just like the look of, and trust to Givi. Despite the drawback that they panniers are not waterproof. There doesen't seem to be an ideal solution. Lets face it, the Street Triple is not a Big Adventure Tourer, and I mustn't try to turn it into one. I was just looking to organise a way of carrying a tent and some gear so I could manage a night or two away.

Thank's again for your thought's. It all helps. I will let you know what I end up doing! Cheers, Mitch...

Offline RedBikeAgain3

• Street Triple Pro
Givi TE6405 Racks & 3D600 Easylock Panniers: OK with STR Grab Handles?
« Reply #7 on: February 08, 2019, 10:20:25 PM »
Come on Mitch, give us an update. You hinted in another thread / conversation that you had something sorted. Plus a fly screen visor and a high comfort seat (it was you on the other forum wasnt it?)
Sounds like a pretty sorted touring set up to me.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Offline Mitch

• Street Triple Member
  • Topic Author
« Reply #8 on: February 10, 2019, 11:03:53 PM »
Hiya Red,
                Okay, Okay !!, I probably needed that kick to get around to actually uploading a post about it.

I see you have already made your move, (and got the Shad Pannier Racks)! They look good.

Iv'e now finally posted what I ended up doing on the existing Luggage thread, hopefully the link below will work, I'm new to this game. Cheers, Mitch...

https://www.street-triple.co.uk/index.php/topic,6841.210.html

PS. Ok, it sort of works, but to see my reply to your post you will have to scroll down through all that stuff you put on page 22, (which was quite a bit)!....
« Last Edit: February 10, 2019, 11:13:28 PM by Mitch »

Recent Posts/Topics