Author [ES] [CA] [PL] [PT] [IT] [DE] [FR] [NL] [DK] [NO] [GR] [TR] Topic: Considering replacement rear shock for 13+ ST 675  (Read 355 times)

Offline Triplet675

• Street Triple Member
  • Topic Author
  • Bike: 2013 Street Triple
  • City / Town: Norwich
Considering replacement rear shock for 13+ ST 675
« on: January 06, 2019, 03:57:38 PM »
Hi all,

I'm considering a fettling of the suspension on my standard Street Triple. Calling MCT tomorrow to discuss options.

In the meantime, if anyone is thinking of selling their shock, please give me a shout.

The worst that can happen is I say "not quite what I'm after"! Or at best you'll have made a nice stress free sale!

I've never had a proper suspension set up on any of my previous bikes, although the ST is a keeper so am inclined to have this done.

Thank you, and happy new year :)

Offline Ben_M

• Street Triple Pro
  • Bike: Street Triple R
  • City / Town: Beds
Re: Considering replacement rear shock for 13+ ST 675
« Reply #1 on: January 06, 2019, 04:57:57 PM »
How far you go will depend on what you want to spend. From memory I think all you can do on the non R is rear preload? You could ask them to make sure what you have at the moment is set up right for you. I've been looking at maxton and nitron shocks but theres loads of other brands out there, wilbers, k-tech, ohlins, yss, etc. You might find if you do the rear shock you could end up doing something with the forks too. Wether that be just a respring and revalve or swapping in a fully adjustable cartridge kit. Good luck

Offline tim.8061

• Street Triple God
  • Bike: Street Triple 09
« Reply #2 on: January 06, 2019, 06:43:58 PM »
Whatever you get make sure the spring is correct for your weight. If it isn't then however you change the setup is going to be a compromise.

Offline Triplet675

• Street Triple Member
  • Topic Author
« Reply #3 on: January 06, 2019, 07:18:36 PM »
Yes cheers lads, I'll be speaking to MCT next week, this post was really just a way of saying "if you are selling or thinking of selling your shock, let me know". Of course I'll be having the front end looked at too. Cheers :)

Sent from my SM-N910F using Tapatalk

Offline Tjlazeruk

• Street Triple Pro
« Reply #4 on: January 06, 2019, 07:32:25 PM »
I have an R shock in the attic. I bought it with less than a 1000 miles and only did a couple of K before I got an ohlins. PM if you're interested! (2013+ model)

Offline Hamburg

• Street Triple Pro
  • Bike: 2013 ST ABS
  • City / Town: Oxford
« Reply #5 on: January 07, 2019, 11:46:23 AM »
I was disappointed with my 2013 ST suspension feel when I first rode it, however I have found that the bike is very sensitive to tyre pressures, Ive found that just a slight drop in pressure especially at the rear makes a huge difference.

I also think that tyre choice is really important on these bikes, Im not convinced that hardcore track biased tyres are the way to go on the road, my current Diablo Rosso 2s seem to need a lot of heat to generate any grip and consequently feel nervous in cold temperatures at slow speeds, Ill fit a more touring biased tyre next time.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Offline Triplet675

• Street Triple Member
  • Topic Author
« Reply #6 on: January 10, 2019, 11:53:18 PM »
Thanks for the input guys, and apologies for the delayed reply. The bike will mainly be used for the road so I can't justify top shelf components. I'm probably about 105-110kg in gear so I think I'd benefit from a re-spring for my weight. Thanks again

Sent from my SM-N910F using Tapatalk

Recent Posts/Topics

scandal-fat