Author [ES] [CA] [PL] [PT] [IT] [DE] [FR] [NL] [DK] [NO] [GR] [TR] Topic: Keis heated gloves  (Read 911 times)

Offline RedBikeAgain3

• Street Triple Master
  • Topic Author
  • Bike: 2015 ST ABS noneR
  • City / Town: Lincoln
Keis heated gloves
« on: January 16, 2019, 09:56:28 PM »
Bought some of these as it is the back of my hands and fingers I have trouble with.
Ive had heated grips before and they are help but I fancied trying this approach

Fused connector from the battery simple to fit and pops out front edge of the seat.
Ran the leads inside an old soft shell jacket I wear as a layer when it is colder.
No separate controller, each glove has a push button on the back to turn on/off to one of three heat settings.
Dont notice the leads, gloves are comfy and warm as they are (3 season weight /thickness). Once the turned on they give a good consistent heat across the back of the hands and down each finger.
They were just what I needed for a 2 hour round trip on Monday night. Dual carriageway and 4degrees. Kept hands comfortable on the middle setting.
Very pleased

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Yam DT80, Honda CB250RS, Yam XJ650, Suzuki X7, Kawa GPz500, Honda CB-1 (400), Yam FZS600 and now ... ST

Offline lee6r

• Street Triple Master
  • Bike: Street Triple 2008
  • City / Town: Peteboghorror
Re: Keis heated gloves
« Reply #1 on: January 20, 2019, 04:50:25 PM »
Plus 1 for heated gloves!

I went cordless though- Bering. Good enough for 2-3 hrs on a full charge.

I too had heated grips and my palms loved them but back of hands always still cold, not anymore  :305:
Do all horses have one horse power? Think about it.........

Offline Hamburg

• Street Triple Pro
  • Bike: 2013 ST ABS
  • City / Town: Oxford
Keis heated gloves
« Reply #2 on: January 24, 2019, 11:07:55 PM »
Ive bought the RST heated gloves that run off lithium batteries, brilliant! I wish Id invested in a pair years ago.

Offline RedBikeAgain3

• Street Triple Master
  • Topic Author
« Reply #3 on: January 26, 2019, 04:50:48 PM »
Id thought about going the battery route. Those RST ones have the battery in the cuff? Wasnt  sure whether that bit of weight on the wrist would be a distraction/hinderance.
The Keis ones can be fed from a separate Li battery. Ive actually just got a Keis heated waistcoat as well and the gloves can be daisy chained off it. Again has the option of sticking an Li battery in a pouch.
I tried the waist coat and gloves combo today. I was disappointed it was 7 degrees! With both on the middle setting and with no usual extra layers on it was perfect.
Ive got used to plugging in and switching on now after only a few uses.
I needed new winter gloves and a new inner layer so going heated was only an extra on top.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
Yam DT80, Honda CB250RS, Yam XJ650, Suzuki X7, Kawa GPz500, Honda CB-1 (400), Yam FZS600 and now ... ST

Offline Hamburg

• Street Triple Pro
  • Bike: 2013 ST ABS
  • City / Town: Oxford
« Reply #4 on: January 26, 2019, 09:25:22 PM »
*Originally Posted by RedBikeAgain3 [+]
Id thought about going the battery route. Those RST ones have the battery in the cuff?

You really dont notice the batteries, they are completely unobtrusive.

Offline RedBikeAgain3

• Street Triple Master
  • Topic Author
« Reply #5 on: February 02, 2019, 04:54:38 PM »
*Originally Posted by Hamburg [+]
You really dont notice the batteries, they are completely unobtrusive.

Good to know

Offline RedBikeAgain3

• Street Triple Master
  • Topic Author
« Reply #6 on: February 02, 2019, 05:04:32 PM »
Used the heated vest and gloves on a hour a half ride in 2degrees today. Awesome - keeping your core warm really helps maintain all over comfort and the gloves just keep my hands comfortable ( no roasting hot palms and frozen fingers)
Im a convert

Recent Posts/Topics

scandal-fat