Author [ES] [CA] [PL] [PT] [IT] [DE] [FR] [NL] [DK] [NO] [GR] [TR] Topic: test ride  (Read 798 times)

Offline mjp

• Topic Author
  • City / Town: pendlebury
test ride
« on: January 20, 2019, 09:10:00 AM »
Hi, When weather bucks up a little will be having a test on street triple rs, nearly bought one when they first came out but went for a test on gs1200 and that was it bought the gs, looking again after some little fookers broke in to my garage and stole the bike, got paid out on the bike pretty much straight away, the rs is the bike for me now, don't go on massive trips anymore,
 will be doing a lot of urban riding and weekend blasts so its fits the bill great, had a look at the 790 duke, found it a bit cheap and not for me, went back to youles yesterday to have a sit on a rs loved the quality of the build.

Get this beast from the east out of the way and a test is waiting for me
,RS in youles for 8.499, 5000mls and a few bits on it, think a may see what they will do for cash.

Anyway  enough of me .

Thanks.

Online adiepage

• Street Triple Master
  • Bike: Street Triple std.
  • City / Town: Mid Devon
Re: test ride
« Reply #1 on: January 20, 2019, 10:17:35 AM »
*Originally Posted by mjp [+]
Hi, When weather bucks up a little will be having a test on street triple rs, nearly bought one when they first came out but went for a test on gs1200 and that was it bought the gs, looking again after some little fookers broke in to my garage and stole the bike, got paid out on the bike pretty much straight away, the rs is the bike for me now, don't go on massive trips anymore,
 will be doing a lot of urban riding and weekend blasts so its fits the bill great, had a look at the 790 duke, found it a bit cheap and not for me, went back to youles yesterday to have a sit on a rs loved the quality of the build.

,RS in youles for 8.499, 5000mls and a few bits on it, think a may see what they will do for cash.

Anyway  enough of me .

Thanks.

Hello, good morning and a very warm  :401: to the 'net's best STriple forum!

Hope you find your ideal Street Triple soon and enjoy a longer term relationship than you did with the GS .... also hope they catch the thieving scumbags that stole it!  Filth. 

Make sure that you've upgraded the security on your garage - the ST is lighter, quicker and every bit as desirable to the light fingered brigade as the Beemer was so an extra few pounds on locks and chains will be a worthwhile expense!  And the scrotes know that you're a biker so might well keep an eye out for more opportunities.

I'm sure I've read good things about Youles so hope the test ride and negotiations go well for you.

Good luck, ride safely and enjoy that ST when it arrives!

Regards,

Adie

Offline mjp

• Topic Author
« Reply #2 on: January 20, 2019, 11:54:26 AM »
Thanks
Yes have beefed up security, was a bit laxed on previous security having not had a thing touched in 20 years of living here.
Now done a lot cameras lights etc, was going for a crossbow but told they are illegal :038:
Minimoto tracker when i get another bike.

Offline andymarks

• Street Triple Master
  • Bike: STR 2011
  • City / Town: Ramsgate
« Reply #3 on: January 20, 2019, 12:26:51 PM »
If youre after a tracker the bike trac ones are really good imo. I had one fitted to my speed before I picked it up, every time Ive moved it without the ignition theyve text then called me straight away. Has the benefit of battery monitoring (I can see mines getting low and needs a charge atm!), and you can replay your routes and option to disable speed recording - handy imo!

Not cheap but plenty of peace of mind.

Andy.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Offline charliedelta

• City / Town: Sowerby Bridge
« Reply #4 on: January 21, 2019, 08:59:49 PM »
*Originally Posted by mjp [+]

Anyway  enough of me .

Thanks.

I sat on that bike last week and dreamed............(I have yet to do my test....April cannot come quick enough!)

CD

Offline Beelady

• Street Triple Master
  • Bike: Steet Triple
  • City / Town: New Romney
« Reply #5 on: January 22, 2019, 08:56:24 AM »
I also have a bike trac tracker fitted. Once you get used to turning the ignition on before you touch anything it's great. I like being able to turn it off from my laptop if I want to do anything like washing it or having any work done on it, too. The only downside is when anyone leans on it, as happened recently at a rally, but at least it lets me know, even if it's only had a light touch from someone, and it's quick, too. It won't move far without shouting for help  :002:

Offline mjp

• Topic Author
« Reply #6 on: January 22, 2019, 11:33:54 AM »
Think I will go for monimoto tracker, already my garage like fort knox, not doing anymore if they get my next bike then they get it, boarding on paranoia they way I am going.

Offline mjp

• Topic Author
« Reply #7 on: February 03, 2019, 02:41:38 PM »
Test ride booked for this Saturday , 67 plate rs matt silver.

Offline Pearl

• Street Triple Member
« Reply #8 on: February 04, 2019, 01:13:54 AM »
Hey thats pants!!! my man has the triple black gsa 1200, its an awesome bike although he did buy my a 675 str for Christmas so we have the best of both worlds. I totally love my str for day runs but will tour on the back of him. Enjoy your test ride you deffo wont be disappointed

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Offline mjp

• Topic Author
« Reply #9 on: February 09, 2019, 04:22:38 PM »
Just back from a test ride on a triple rs, great bike, will be getting one, bike I rode they offered me for 8200 from 8499
with 5600mls on it, got a few added bits like arrow can and other bits, still seems a bit pricey so think I will while till one comes a long for the right money.

Recent Posts/Topics