Author [ES] [CA] [PL] [PT] [IT] [DE] [FR] [NL] [DK] [NO] [GR] [TR] Topic: Upgrade Brakes  (Read 1257 times)

Offline greyhound81

• Street Triple Master
  • Topic Author
  • Bike: ST 675 Gold Edition
  • City / Town: London
Re: Upgrade Brakes
« Reply #10 on: January 24, 2019, 12:21:20 PM »
*Originally Posted by JonyB [+]

Unless it involves boobs, nobody knows jack  :008: :008: :008:

Now seriously, I've not done anything like this so can't offer much help...

...In saying  that, I did look into it once and what I found was that it was hard to find reliable information as to the diameter of the MC you'll consider upgrading to. Then you need to "estimate" if this will work with your calipers or if you'll need to also upgrade the calipers (more $$$$$$$$). In any case, I'm sure it is possible to make it work, it's just a matter of how much money you can throw into it...
As you were saying that you are considering a full front end upgrade, here's a thought; By the time you do all that, you would have invested a fair amount. So why not consider selling the bike and upgrading to a better or more recent (or both) bike that has the better bikes and the better suspension.

Do you research, across many forums, and talk with track day junkies and when on track, talk with the old blokes that have been doing this for years... You'll likely find some guys that have run racing teams and they know a thing or two about improving bike's components... After talking with someone like that you may decide do something different, you never know.

Hope it helps

Sell my bike? are you crazy man! like asking me to sell my girlfriend! :D

No but seriously, what ever bike i got i would want to modify eventually, its fun, im learning alot doing stuff on it-

Watch my Scotland Trip here on youtube

www.youtube.com/watch?v=MLGUEQClJow

Offline gary1966

• Street Triple God
  • Bike: daytona 675R 2014
  • City / Town: Bury St Edmunds
« Reply #11 on: January 24, 2019, 04:44:40 PM »
You will see a massive difference by changing the master cylinder to brembo and get yourself a pair of brembo HPK discs one finger braking  :028: :007:

Offline BKK_TRIPLE

• Bike: Street tripleRS
  • City / Town: Bangkok
« Reply #12 on: January 24, 2019, 07:28:46 PM »
My bike come with m50 (rs 765)   and yes! Im so tempted to swap to Beringer brake.

Because of the design and colour of Beringer is so attractive to me.

Offline Tomspurs

• Street Triple God
  • 09 ST, CRF230F, DT175MX, DT175C, PE175Z, IT175J
  • Bike: 09 Hinkley ST
  • City / Town: Wallington
« Reply #13 on: January 24, 2019, 07:30:24 PM »
M50's  :007:
Parc Ferme - Car Park Ross

Offline Fritzle

« Reply #14 on: January 25, 2019, 08:47:32 AM »
*Originally Posted by greyhound81 [+]
Toying with the idea of a brake upgrade for my 2016 street triple abs this year, Im thinking of going with the R upgrade, so forks, callipers, master cylinder,

But secretly I would love a pair of those chrome Brembo mono-block callipers, would this be possible fit?

I would like some thoughts on if the upgrade is worth it, any issues I may encounter...?

By the way I have had no problems with the standard brakes, they actually work well, I just like it BIG!

Hi,

I only briefly scanned the replies, but I think no one has suggested to try different brake pads, I have had very good results with changing to more aggressive pads on various bikes (without other changes)
I like EBC HH pads, and also the Brembo race (but those are not for street use)

Best regards,
Michael

Offline Green_Ninja

• Street Triple Master
  • Bike: Street RS/Street R
  • City / Town: Sale
« Reply #15 on: January 25, 2019, 10:01:08 AM »
*Originally Posted by BKK_TRIPLE [+]
My bike come with m50 (rs 765)   and yes! Im so tempted to swap to Beringer brake.

Because of the design and colour of Beringer is so attractive to me.

Why just Why the M50's are epic, I can see no reason of going to the expense of changing them????

Offline BKK_TRIPLE

• Bike: Street tripleRS
  • City / Town: Bangkok
« Reply #16 on: January 25, 2019, 10:03:33 AM »
*Originally Posted by Green_Ninja [+]

Why just Why the M50's are epic, I can see no reason of going to the expense of changing them????

I didnt chang it yet.  But just interesting in Beringer fancy stuff.  Nothing wrong with m50, it do great job. 

changing them seem waste of money but just thinking to look difference from original. Thats all  LOL

Offline JonyB

• Street Triple Pro
  • Bike: Street Triple R 2011
  • City / Town: Wollongong
« Reply #17 on: January 25, 2019, 10:33:21 AM »
Waste of money :027:
Ride to add life to your days, not days to your life.

Street Triple R 2011
ZX9R C2 (1999)
HEL || JayBee Biker Bits || STOMPGRIP || MOTUL

Offline James13

• Street Triple Member
  • Bike: 765rs
  • City / Town: Worcester
« Reply #18 on: January 25, 2019, 06:13:16 PM »
You could try ebc gpfax first if they do them for your calipers,on my old Suzuki gsxr1000 the brakes were dismal,( this is on track) ,after the gpfax they were great but I am not a massive braker on track more a few dabs then throw it in,they say they aren't for road but I have used them loads on the road and they were fine ( it's to cover themselves in case someone bins it and blames it on the brakes)I have always found oem discs fine and never upgraded those on any bike,brembo master cylinder as Gary said is a good shout,should get a good mc for reasonable price I guess,on a side note the brakes on the 765 rs are excellent  I added the gpfax and they are amazing but if it was just on the road the oem pads are more than capable ,it all depends on what oem stuff you are really capable of out riding then upgrade from there and leave yourself a large margin,I'm sure I could do great lap time on supercorsa sp,s but I fit the sc for a little more confidence,same with brakes !

Offline JonyB

• Street Triple Pro
  • Bike: Street Triple R 2011
  • City / Town: Wollongong
« Reply #19 on: January 26, 2019, 08:54:06 AM »
*Originally Posted by James13 [+]
You could try ebc gpfax first if they do them for your calipers,on my old Suzuki gsxr1000 the brakes were dismal,( this is on track) ,after the gpfax they were great but I am not a massive braker on track more a few dabs then throw it in,they say they aren't for road but I have used them loads on the road and they were fine ( it's to cover themselves in case someone bins it and blames it on the brakes)I have always found oem discs fine and never upgraded those on any bike,brembo master cylinder as Gary said is a good shout,should get a good mc for reasonable price I guess,on a side note the brakes on the 765 rs are excellent  I added the gpfax and they are amazing but if it was just on the road the oem pads are more than capable ,it all depends on what oem stuff you are really capable of out riding then upgrade from there and leave yourself a large margin,I'm sure I could do great lap time on supercorsa sp,s but I fit the sc for a little more confidence,same with brakes !

I have similar experience... I have ZX9R C2 with the original Tokico calipers which are renowned to be absolute crap, and I also have the OEM rotors. Anyway a fair bit of TLC and SBS DC Pads, and the brakes are (to my riding ability) quite good. Can't complain.

I can't say anything about the EBS pads you're mentioning, but for the DC pads from SBS they do need to reach a specific operating temperature or else they don't really do much, and this is why they say for track / race use only. I can confirm that first lap or so of each session, brakes are not the best, but couple of laps in, and the hotter they get and the harder you brake, the better they work.

Ride to add life to your days, not days to your life.

Street Triple R 2011
ZX9R C2 (1999)
HEL || JayBee Biker Bits || STOMPGRIP || MOTUL

Recent Posts/Topics