Author [ES] [CA] [PL] [PT] [IT] [DE] [FR] [NL] [DK] [NO] [GR] [TR] Topic: Spare levers  (Read 273 times)

Offline orac

• Street Triple Member
  • Topic Author
  • Bike: RX Black
  • City / Town: Outside Plymouth
Spare levers
« on: January 27, 2019, 12:25:33 AM »
I picked an RS at the beginning of the week, been enjoying it ever since.
The first thing i tend to do when getting a bike is buy a set of levers, specially for going away one trips. A silly mistake that results in a broken lever should never spoilt a trip.
However i am having difficulties finding levers that are stupid expensive. From fowlers the brake lever is about 50 quid without adjusters and there does not appear to be a listing just for the clutch lever and the entire Assembly is 72.

Most listings i find on places like eBay, amazon will state "Not RS", or listing stops at 2016
120 is alto for a set of backup levers that will hopefully never see the light of day.

It seems a little odd that it is hard to find levers for a bike that has been around for 2+ years.
I suppose i could get some of those lever guards, and hope that levers become a little more available fairly soon.

Any Suggestions on the best place to look?

Offline VBui

• Street Triple Master
  • Bike: 2014 Street Triple R
Re: Spare levers
« Reply #1 on: January 27, 2019, 07:59:06 PM »
At that price you might as well just get ASV C5 unbreakable levers :038:

Offline RedBikeAgain3

• Street Triple Pro
  • Bike: 2015 ST ABS noneR
  • City / Town: Lincoln
Spare levers
« Reply #2 on: January 27, 2019, 08:30:23 PM »
« Last Edit: January 27, 2019, 09:03:41 PM by RedBikeAgain3 »
Yam DT80, Honda CB250RS, Yam XJ650, Suzuki X7, Kawa GPz500, Honda CB-1 (400), Yam FZS600 and now ... ST

Offline orac

• Street Triple Member
  • Topic Author
« Reply #3 on: January 29, 2019, 07:50:12 PM »
unfortunately when you scroll down to the description and check compatibility it says incompatible.

as for ASV levers, that maybe the only other option but is still 100 more than directly from triumph.

Offline RedBikeAgain3

• Street Triple Pro
  • Bike: 2015 ST ABS noneR
  • City / Town: Lincoln
« Reply #4 on: January 29, 2019, 08:35:07 PM »
*Originally Posted by orac [+]
unfortunately when you scroll down to the description and check compatibility it says incompatible.

as for ASV levers, that maybe the only other option but is still 100 more than directly from triumph.
I see what you mean - strange to have such a specific title.

I presume the RS has a specific master cylinder / lever matched to the calliper (M50s?)

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
Yam DT80, Honda CB250RS, Yam XJ650, Suzuki X7, Kawa GPz500, Honda CB-1 (400), Yam FZS600 and now ... ST

Offline orac

• Street Triple Member
  • Topic Author
« Reply #5 on: January 29, 2019, 08:52:33 PM »
it has a Brembo MCS 19 master cylinder, searching for that shows up not much more.
Just have to make sure I don't drop the thing. not that you ever plan on dropping a bike.

Recent Posts/Topics

scandal-fat