Author [ES] [CA] [PL] [PT] [IT] [DE] [FR] [NL] [DK] [NO] [GR] [TR] Topic: Don't go to Hastings!.  (Read 715 times)

Online Tomspurs

• Street Triple God
  • 09 ST, CRF230F, DT175MX, DT175C, PE175Z, IT175J
  • Bike: 09 Hinkley ST
  • City / Town: Wallington
Re: Don't go to Hastings!.
« Reply #10 on: February 02, 2019, 11:40:17 AM »
I used Hasting for car insurance a number of years ago and they were very very helpful, no problems at all....... :027:
Parc Ferme - Car Park Ross

Offline runningman

• Street Triple Pro
« Reply #11 on: February 02, 2019, 01:45:49 PM »
I'm with Hasting's Direct for my bike and car insurance. Never had any issues with them at all. I am happy to continue to use them.

Sent from my SM-T715 using Tapatalk

Offline weaveman

• Street Triple Member
  • Topic Author
« Reply #12 on: February 02, 2019, 02:58:48 PM »
And to add insult to injury the 2 phone calls totalled 26.From my landline.I was on hold for well over an hour in total.

Offline shaun

• Street Triple God
« Reply #13 on: February 02, 2019, 05:44:08 PM »
Try bemoto insurance they only do bikes.

Offline SXTony

• Street Triple Member
  • Bike: Street R '18
  • City / Town: West London
« Reply #14 on: February 04, 2019, 12:05:58 PM »
*Originally Posted by weaveman [+]
Well I just been declined .They do not accept the mods!So now I must pay a cancellation fee after only a few days of insurance.Plus the dreaded call centre charge.Not to mention about 2 hours of phone time at national rate.Absolutely disgusted with Hastings.But actually relieved to be getting away from them.

You took out the insurance and then added the mods to it after? Why didn't you get quotes with the mods included first?

Those call costs are a bit of a piss take though.

Offline weaveman

• Street Triple Member
  • Topic Author
« Reply #15 on: February 05, 2019, 12:49:27 PM »
I bought the policy online through MCN Compare.There were no questions concerning modifications.In the past I have paid online for a policy where there was no provision for declaring mods and phoned the insurers to inform them before the policy became active.Never been an issue,and never been refused or asked for extra premium.Hastings informed me they do not allow more than three....OK that's fine,but spending two hours on the phone ,including well over one hour on hold at a cost of over twenty pounds is despicable.I am convinced their call centre is a money making scam.The first lady I spoke to had never heard of discs,shock absorbers or drive chains.Unbelievable!

Offline weaveman

• Street Triple Member
  • Topic Author
« Reply #16 on: February 07, 2019, 02:41:36 AM »
Well this just gets worse and worse.Because I had my insurance cancelled I have become a very high risk to potential insurers.I now have to tick the box,"Ever had insurance cancelled or refused?" on the comparison sites.This is a red flag to most companies,the result being they will not offer a quote...and if they do the premium is 3 times what I normally pay.I curse the day I got mixed up with Hastings Insurance!I ended up with no insurance,a load of fees and phone charges and a lifetime of increased premiums.

Online morebeanz

• Street Triple God
  • Bike: Street Triple 765 RS
  • City / Town: Guildford
« Reply #17 on: February 07, 2019, 06:17:29 AM »
Honestly? Find a broker and pick up the phone to them. The online stuff will really only work for plain vanilla transactions, and whether you like it or not, yours no longer is.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
I don't just count beans, I also understand the commercial significance of beans!

Online bucksfizz

• Street Triple Master
  • Bike: '09 Street Triple R
  • City / Town: Sparkford, Somerset
« Reply #18 on: February 07, 2019, 04:04:30 PM »
+1.

I had the same problem with home insurance, and discussed the problem with my motor insurer.
They explained the problem to a number of underwriters, and I now have home insurance.
Get a decent bricks and mortar insurance broker, and explain the problem.

Recent Posts/Topics