Author [ES] [CA] [PL] [PT] [IT] [DE] [FR] [NL] [DK] [NO] [GR] [TR] Topic: Cloned plate  (Read 1151 times)

Online adiepage

• Street Triple Master
  • Bike: Street Triple std.
  • City / Town: Mid Devon
Re: Cloned plate
« Reply #10 on: February 01, 2019, 11:34:48 AM »
*Originally Posted by Stewarty [+]
Exactly this ^

I had the same thing once with a van. There was a Ford Ka running around London with my plate on lol. Got fed up phoning and being asked for all sorts of proof even though you could clearly see it was a car and not a commercial vehicle. Went to local police station and they just laughed and told me fo ignore it. I feel for you as it is very frustrating so hope it gets sorted out for you.

OK -" words of advice" from an oracle ..... my wife, a former police officer with 30 years service, including traffic patrol, suggests :-

1.  gather ALL your documentation - including NIPs, V5, MOTs, etc., photo's of your bike, .... anything related;

2. phone or go to the local cop shop and ask if it's possible to speak to a traffic officer, preferably a face to face meeting;

3. explain the situation to the officer and ask him/her if an information notice can be placed on PNC detailing the cloning.

This won't stop the notices - apparently nothing will, short of a new VRN on yours - but if the scrote that's abusing your plate ever passes an ANPR equipped patrol car, or is involved in an RTA or is stopped for any other offence, then he/she will be subject to a whole lot more investigation than assistance and your problems SHOULD then be over.  Hopefully.

I'm told that it's unlikely that any human intervention will ever be likely - the initial processes are almost invariably automated and only the review procedures will involve something other than said "com - pyootah"!

If you prefer and are prepared to go down the DVLA new plate route, then it can all be over in a couple of months but I understand that, though relatively easy and painless,  it won't be free.  :003:

Best of luck with it - let's hope the scrote bins it big time, writes the bike and themself off and ends your woes SOON.   :008:    Unless they are wholly innocent and they were sold the bike with that plate ..... HAHAHA.  Hmmmmmmm ....... unlikely given the errant behaviour and the fact that they wouldn't have got a valid V5!!

Let us know how you get on - there may be life lessons for all of us ahead .....

Regards,

Adie

Online adiepage

• Street Triple Master
« Reply #11 on: February 01, 2019, 11:57:22 AM »
*Originally Posted by Beelady [+]

I also had a strange encounter with a cloned plate. I spotted a familiar plate on a Harley I used to own at a bike meet and went over to have a look at it, hoping to maybe meet the new owner and chat about it. As soon as I got close I realised that there was no way it was my old bike. I asked the lady owner how long she'd owned it and she'd had it for several years so that meant there were two almost identical Harleys with the same plate. She was adamant that I had made a mistake so I got a picture out to show her, at which point she lost the plot and threatened to take my head off if I told anyone about it. Nice. I might have ignored it if she hadn't called me names, but I wasn't letting it go so I passed the details on to the Police. I never heard any more about it so presumably they weren't interested. Lesson learned.

Well done you, Beelady!  In my book, absolutely the right thing to do - especially to someone with THAT kind of attitude!   She deserves to be banged up and try her tough girl attitude with some real friendly inmates!

It's very frustrating when the police appear to do nothing and you know that there's an offence being committed on a regular basis by some foul mouthed harrigan with an attitude and an illegal vehicle.   I know exactly how it feels - I was defrauded by a  'local' con. man last year and, despite his prolific activities, and the awareness of three local forces, he's still out there pulling his sleazy tricks on other innocent victims.   However, in the real world, there just aren't enough officers to do the ground work any more and that seems to be a function of the way society as a whole has gone.  It's a socio-political problem that we won't solve any time soon, if ever.  All that you (and I) can do, is hope that fate catches up with scum like this and they finally get their just rewards - preferably via a painful, salutary experience in a physical and psychologically damaging way!  I guess the problem with that is - society will then pick up the bill for fixing the worthless trash!  Can't win!! :027:

Regards,

Adie

Offline QuijiboJones

• Street Triple Member
  • Topic Author
  • Bike: 2018Street Triple RS
  • City / Town: LEEDS
« Reply #12 on: February 01, 2019, 01:15:54 PM »
This is great advice thank you!

I've been on the phone to the local camera centre that sent the NIP's and there are 4 more in the post! same camera, same (not mine) bike. She has cancelled them all and suggested i report to local police. My guess, based on vast years experience watching sky and netflix is that this is a drug dealer doing his run and he'll swap the plate soon enough to avoid unwarranted attention. Though the fact he's getting pinged by the same camera which is 5 mins from the cop shop i'll report it to might do for him!

*Originally Posted by adiepage [+]
OK -" words of advice" from an oracle ..... my wife, a former police officer with 30 years service, including traffic patrol, suggests :-

1.  gather ALL your documentation - including NIPs, V5, MOTs, etc., photo's of your bike, .... anything related;

2. phone or go to the local cop shop and ask if it's possible to speak to a traffic officer, preferably a face to face meeting;

3. explain the situation to the officer and ask him/her if an information notice can be placed on PNC detailing the cloning.

This won't stop the notices - apparently nothing will, short of a new VRN on yours - but if the scrote that's abusing your plate ever passes an ANPR equipped patrol car, or is involved in an RTA or is stopped for any other offence, then he/she will be subject to a whole lot more investigation than assistance and your problems SHOULD then be over.  Hopefully.

I'm told that it's unlikely that any human intervention will ever be likely - the initial processes are almost invariably automated and only the review procedures will involve something other than said "com - pyootah"!

If you prefer and are prepared to go down the DVLA new plate route, then it can all be over in a couple of months but I understand that, though relatively easy and painless,  it won't be free.  :003:

Best of luck with it - let's hope the scrote bins it big time, writes the bike and themself off and ends your woes SOON.   :008:    Unless they are wholly innocent and they were sold the bike with that plate ..... HAHAHA.  Hmmmmmmm ....... unlikely given the errant behaviour and the fact that they wouldn't have got a valid V5!!

Let us know how you get on - there may be life lessons for all of us ahead .....

Regards,

Adie

Offline greyhound81

• Street Triple Master
  • Bike: Sparkly Edition
  • City / Town: London
« Reply #13 on: February 01, 2019, 03:45:20 PM »
a few years back i had my cars plate cloned, i got a few penalty notices, and video footage of some of their offences... the car was the same audi, same colour, but it wasnt mine, but for me what really wrecked my mind was that this all happened when i was on holiday, as if these criminals knew i was going away... in my case i thought that it could have been organised crime,

hopefully you will stop getting any penalties, youve informed the police, done all you can, dont worry too much
Watch my Scotland Trip here on youtube

www.youtube.com/watch?v=MLGUEQClJow

Offline QuijiboJones

• Street Triple Member
  • Topic Author
« Reply #14 on: February 02, 2019, 09:51:26 PM »
Latest NIP arrived today 50 in a 30 and less than a quarter mile from my house

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Offline JonyB

• Street Triple Pro
  • Bike: Street Triple R 2011
  • City / Town: Wollongong
« Reply #15 on: February 02, 2019, 09:53:28 PM »
Just change the plate
Ride to add life to your days, not days to your life.

Street Triple R 2011
ZX9R C2 (1999)
HEL || JayBee Biker Bits || STOMPGRIP || MOTUL

Offline QuijiboJones

• Street Triple Member
  • Topic Author
« Reply #16 on: February 02, 2019, 10:34:41 PM »
No need. The police know, its in the ANPR database and I have the email address of the camera unit who are also aware and will cancel the NIPS that come through. Ill wait till the actors gets nicked!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Offline QuijiboJones

• Street Triple Member
  • Topic Author
« Reply #17 on: February 02, 2019, 10:40:15 PM »
Actors = scrote

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Online adiepage

• Street Triple Master
« Reply #18 on: February 03, 2019, 11:03:23 AM »
*Originally Posted by QuijiboJones [+]
Latest NIP arrived today 50 in a 30 and less than a quarter mile from my house

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

It looks suspiciously like these scrotes know where you live or have seen your bike and plate locally - which they can surmise is road legal as you use it for transport to work - and are running their luck.  There's little more you can do now, other than sit, wait and hope ...... BUT, keep a watchful eye out, locally, for your plate on this vehicle and let the police know of any actual sightings you might get.   They'll twig almost instantly if, given the opportunity, you try to follow so I wouldn't worry too much about that.    Just try to memorise the details of bike, rider, time, location and direction of travel and report these to the police traffic officers. 

I have every sympathy for your plight and can only hope that all this inconvenience will end sometime very soon - preferably with one or more deceased scrotes and a written off scooter - I'm assuming it's a scooter they're using.

Recent Posts/Topics