Author [ES] [CA] [PL] [PT] [IT] [DE] [FR] [NL] [DK] [NO] [GR] [TR] Topic: New Bike, First Bike Triple 765 R  (Read 472 times)

Offline Boej007

• Topic Author
  • Bike: Street Triple R 765
  • City / Town: Aberdenshire
New Bike, First Bike Triple 765 R
« on: February 01, 2019, 04:43:11 AM »
Hello There guys. Absolutely delighted to finally be able to say I own this bike and subsequently get in on the forum. 2 years I've been waiting to finally take the step. Shes's here and so am I. Glad to meet you all folks.

Online Tomspurs

• Street Triple God
  • 09 ST, CRF230F, DT175MX, DT175C, PE175Z, IT175J
  • Bike: 09 Hinkley ST
  • City / Town: Wallington
Re: New Bike, First Bike Triple 765 R
« Reply #1 on: February 01, 2019, 06:16:40 AM »
Welcome to the Forum BoeJ.....so wheres all the snow in your pic  :007:
Parc Ferme - Car Park Ross

Offline adiepage

• Street Triple Master
  • Bike: Street Triple std.
  • City / Town: Mid Devon
« Reply #2 on: February 01, 2019, 08:23:20 AM »
*Originally Posted by Tomspurs [+]

'Tiz down yer in Deb'n!

Hey Boej007 - hello, good morning and a very  :401: to the net's best Street Triple forum!  Delighted to welcome you on board - especially after the dedication - and, no doubt, frustration - of a two year wait!  You WILL be rewarded, as I'm sure you've already begun to realise.

You have some absolutely beautiful riding opportunities in the area around the Granite City and you've got the very best of vehicles on which to enjoy them.  Keep it warm and dry and the rewards will be all the better when the weather does improve.

Stay safe.

Regards,

Adie

Offline hotmetal

• Street Triple God
  • Bike: Street Triple R 2009
  • City / Town: Thames Valley
« Reply #3 on: February 01, 2019, 11:41:24 AM »
Welcome from me too

_______
The only V8 I'm likely to own comes in one litre tetrapaks and tastes like celery.

_________
Play nicely!
Bikes I've had:
Vespa 150 Super, GPz500s, FZR600R, ZX6R, FZS1000 (x2), 2009 Matt Graphite STR
and some pedally ones as well!

Offline Boej007

• Topic Author
« Reply #4 on: February 01, 2019, 09:54:06 PM »
*Originally Posted by Tomspurs [+]

You got me its a phony photo and i dont have a bike  :008:

Offline Boej007

• Topic Author
« Reply #5 on: February 01, 2019, 09:56:04 PM »
*Originally Posted by adiepage [+]
'Tiz down yer in Deb'n!

Hey Boej007 - hello, good morning and a very  :401: to the net's best Street Triple forum!  Delighted to welcome you on board - especially after the dedication - and, no doubt, frustration - of a two year wait!  You WILL be rewarded, as I'm sure you've already begun to realise.

You have some absolutely beautiful riding opportunities in the area around the Granite City and you've got the very best of vehicles on which to enjoy them.  Keep it warm and dry and the rewards will be all the better when the weather does improve.

Stay safe.

Regards,

Adie

Adie, Thanks for the welcome mate. I cannot wait for some slightly better weather. You are certainly right about the area. Have you been up this way much?

Offline adiepage

• Street Triple Master
« Reply #6 on: February 02, 2019, 10:52:47 AM »
*Originally Posted by Boej007 [+]

Adie, Thanks for the welcome mate. I cannot wait for some slightly better weather. You are certainly right about the area. Have you been up this way much?

Hi Boej.  I assume you recognised the same name from "the other forum"?  :001:

In some ways, YES, I have done a lot of travelling to, and in, Scotland, but in others, NO, I haven't been up that way much!  Sounds very obtuse but bear with, bear with.

I am retired (I am of great age, Young Master Boej) though most that know me seem to suggest that, for "retired" you should read "retard"!   That aside, and back to the story, I'm fortunate to have a part time, occasional job of delivering new cars (a 'premium' German brand) all over the country and my employers are abundantly aware that my very strong preference is to drive to destinations north of the border.  I just LOVE driving in Scotland!

My most recent drive - 2 weeks ago - was a delivery to Tobermory on Mull - somewhere I'd never been to so it was one of those deals where I was almost ready to pay them for the pleasure of doing it!  Almost.   

Luckily it all went well, had great crossings, wonderful views and an overnight in Tobermory - and they paid me to do it!  I've actually delivered to Aberdeen itself, and nearby surroundings, three or four times - the most recent was last year to a young guy who had flown in from Lerwick - he's an oil company worker and he was taking the car over there on the ferry.  I made him promise that, if he had another car from us, he'd ask for me to be the driver and allow me to get the ferry across!!  Probably won't happen but, ya never know!

So, yes, I am very much aware of, if not entirely familiar with, the beauty of Scotland's roads and scenery.  I know that I'm fortunate, indeed, to live in one of the most beautiful, bucolic parts of England (and I'll  probably only ever leave it in a cardboard box on my way to the crem. in a Triumph motorcycle hearse!) but there's something VERY special about the more remote parts of Scotland that even my beloved Devonshire can't provide.  There's an innate grandeur to the scenery and a really welcome sparsity of traffic on some of the roads north of the Great Glen and, even though it's "work" for me, I'm always ready to do THAT kind of work!

OK - apologies to anyone who got very bored reading about car type sh** on a Street Trip forum!   I can try to make it more relevant by saying that I'm contemplating taking the two ST's up there by van or trailer; pick wifey  up at Glarsgee; rent a chalet type accommodation and spend a week enjoying some of Scotland's finest on two of England's finest?  Probably too late for this year .... next year, perhaps?

Regards,

Adie

Offline Boej007

• Topic Author
« Reply #7 on: February 06, 2019, 01:08:30 AM »
*Originally Posted by adiepage [+]
Hi Boej.  I assume you recognised the same name from "the other forum"?  :001:

In some ways, YES, I have done a lot of travelling to, and in, Scotland, but in others, NO, I haven't been up that way much!  Sounds very obtuse but bear with, bear with.

I am retired (I am of great age, Young Master Boej) though most that know me seem to suggest that, for "retired" you should read "retard"!   That aside, and back to the story, I'm fortunate to have a part time, occasional job of delivering new cars (a 'premium' German brand) all over the country and my employers are abundantly aware that my very strong preference is to drive to destinations north of the border.  I just LOVE driving in Scotland!

My most recent drive - 2 weeks ago - was a delivery to Tobermory on Mull - somewhere I'd never been to so it was one of those deals where I was almost ready to pay them for the pleasure of doing it!  Almost.   

Luckily it all went well, had great crossings, wonderful views and an overnight in Tobermory - and they paid me to do it!  I've actually delivered to Aberdeen itself, and nearby surroundings, three or four times - the most recent was last year to a young guy who had flown in from Lerwick - he's an oil company worker and he was taking the car over there on the ferry.  I made him promise that, if he had another car from us, he'd ask for me to be the driver and allow me to get the ferry across!!  Probably won't happen but, ya never know!

So, yes, I am very much aware of, if not entirely familiar with, the beauty of Scotland's roads and scenery.  I know that I'm fortunate, indeed, to live in one of the most beautiful, bucolic parts of England (and I'll  probably only ever leave it in a cardboard box on my way to the crem. in a Triumph motorcycle hearse!) but there's something VERY special about the more remote parts of Scotland that even my beloved Devonshire can't provide.  There's an innate grandeur to the scenery and a really welcome sparsity of traffic on some of the roads north of the Great Glen and, even though it's "work" for me, I'm always ready to do THAT kind of work!

OK - apologies to anyone who got very bored reading about car type sh** on a Street Trip forum!   I can try to make it more relevant by saying that I'm contemplating taking the two ST's up there by van or trailer; pick wifey  up at Glarsgee; rent a chalet type accommodation and spend a week enjoying some of Scotland's finest on two of England's finest?  Probably too late for this year .... next year, perhaps?

Regards,

Adie

Adie, Your absolutely right. I thought there cant be too many authors named Adie in the street triple world  :008:. I must agree I do share your enthusiasm for this countries landscape and scenery. It's only this past 5 years I've really started exploring it, (spent most of my working life overseas). Not yet made it to Mull but their cheese is sublime. Being at a ripe age we just had our premier Skye tour, summer past. Most certainly will return. What an epic adventure that was.  Have you made it over to skye?

Sounds like a bloody good number that, being paid to drive up and down the country that is. I pray my retirement includes these sort of paid excursions. The NC 500 is a pretty damn good excuse to tour north. It has gained somewhat in popularity in recent years and can be busy, nonetheless breath taking. High on the agenda for the triple and I. I've done it Summer 16 in Catherham's, a great experience. Totally different offerings on the Triumph i'd imagine. Cant wait. If you and the wife do journey north It's a must.

Cheers.
« Last Edit: February 06, 2019, 01:11:09 AM by Boej007 »

Offline adiepage

• Street Triple Master
« Reply #8 on: February 06, 2019, 09:31:06 AM »
*Originally Posted by Boej007 [+]
Adie, Your absolutely right. I thought there cant be too many authors named Adie in the street triple world  :008:. I must agree I do share your enthusiasm for this countries landscape and scenery. It's only this past 5 years I've really started exploring it, (spent most of my working life overseas). Not yet made it to Mull but their cheese is sublime. Being at a ripe age we just had our premier Skye tour, summer past. Most certainly will return. What an epic adventure that was.  Have you made it over to skye?

Sounds like a bloody good number that, being paid to drive up and down the country that is. I pray my retirement includes these sort of paid excursions. The NC 500 is a pretty damn good excuse to tour north. It has gained somewhat in popularity in recent years and can be busy, nonetheless breath taking. High on the agenda for the triple and I. I've done it Summer 16 in Catherham's, a great experience. Totally different offerings on the Triumph i'd imagine. Cant wait. If you and the wife do journey north It's a must.

Cheers.

Hey Boej.  Yes, the retirement job is ideal for me, though I'd rather be driving Jags....... beggars and choosers springs to mind.

I first heard of the NC500 about ten year ago - I think it was on one of those "10 things to do before you die" type lists in an airline in-flight magazine somewhere - and I've been hankering after doing it ever since.  It has grown enormously in popularity and familiarity since then so my best chance has long gone but I'm not too worried because when something like that does become popular there's often a "counter-cultural" move to a similar, quieter, sometimes better alternative.   Trouble is, for me, I'm currently exercised by all the building and alteration work on the house; once that's done I have a stack of motorcycles that will inhabit a large workshop and the vast majority of which will require full scale strip down, rebuild and possibly sell on.  So my ersthwhile plans for touring Scotland may go on hold even longer .......

I won't extend the discussion, here, on Caterham - it's a Street Triple forum - but they do look like a lot of fun so a topic for another time?

Ride safely.

Regards,

Adie

Recent Posts/Topics