Author [ES] [CA] [PL] [PT] [IT] [DE] [FR] [NL] [DK] [NO] [GR] [TR] Topic: Triumph tank bag  (Read 701 times)

Offline QuijiboJones

• Street Triple Member
  • Topic Author
  • Bike: 2018Street Triple RS
  • City / Town: LEEDS
Triumph tank bag
« on: February 07, 2019, 09:59:01 PM »
Does anyone have experience of fitting the triumph tank bag to their striple? My new one arrived today and my god what a palava it looks like to fit it. !

Bag is this one https://rover.ebay.com/rover/0/0/0?mpre=https%3A%2F%2Fwww.ebay.co.uk%2Fulk%2Fitm%2F163349014910

Instructions are here https://www.triumphinstructions.com/ProdDocs/A9510104-US.pdf

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Offline Green_Ninja

• Street Triple Master
  • Bike: Street RS/Street R
  • City / Town: Sale
Re: Triumph tank bag
« Reply #1 on: February 08, 2019, 06:39:20 AM »
*Originally Posted by QuijiboJones [+]
Does anyone have experience of fitting the triumph tank bag to their striple? My new one arrived today and my god what a palava it looks like to fit it. !

Bag is this one https://rover.ebay.com/rover/0/0/0?mpre=https%3A%2F%2Fwww.ebay.co.uk%2Fulk%2Fitm%2F163349014910

Instructions are here https://www.triumphinstructions.com/ProdDocs/A9510104-US.pdf

Fitting seems very straightforward to me and instructions are clear.

Offline QuijiboJones

• Street Triple Member
  • Topic Author
« Reply #2 on: February 08, 2019, 06:42:49 AM »
Maybe. But I do computers and stuff its the front straps that look confusing. Like they are always on the bike and really long. It looks odd.

Offline Green_Ninja

• Street Triple Master
« Reply #3 on: February 08, 2019, 08:05:03 AM »
Maybe. But I do computers and stuff its the front straps that look confusing. Like they are always on the bike and really long. It looks odd.

No the front bit is the short flappy bit with the short buckle straps that bolt to the front tank mounts, the 'long' straps fit at the back around the rear tank mount, which will in effect shorten them, under the riders seat.

Oh and yes they will always be on the bike, but presumably the rear ones can be hidden under the seat when not in use.

Offline QuijiboJones

• Street Triple Member
  • Topic Author
« Reply #4 on: February 08, 2019, 08:12:58 AM »
*Originally Posted by Green_Ninja [+]
No the front bit is the short flappy bit with the short buckle straps that bolt to the front tank mounts, the 'long' straps fit at the back around the rear tank mount, which will in effect shorten them, under the riders seat.

Oh and yes they will always be on the bike, but presumably the rear ones can be hidden under the seat when not in use.
They go on the rear tank hinge which is just parallel to it above the seat on the 18 street. Im wondering if they are long enough to fasten into the front mount clips when not in use so you have 2 states running over the tank. I hope not. That will look rubbish!

Offline RedBikeAgain3

• Street Triple Master
  • Bike: 2015 ST ABS noneR
  • City / Town: Lincoln
« Reply #5 on: February 08, 2019, 09:54:48 PM »
They go on the rear tank hinge which is just parallel to it above the seat on the 18 street. Im wondering if they are long enough to fasten into the front mount clips when not in use so you have 2 states running over the tank. I hope not. That will look rubbish!

You say 18 street. If it is a 765 model there is a different part no for the strappy tank bag   on Fowlers parts website A9510248(and a quick release one too).
Sorry bud, I think you may have the slightly wrong accessory!

Yam DT80, Honda CB250RS, Yam XJ650, Suzuki X7, Kawa GPz500, Honda CB-1 (400), Yam FZS600 and now ... ST

Offline Green_Ninja

• Street Triple Master
« Reply #6 on: February 08, 2019, 09:59:47 PM »
*Originally Posted by RedBikeAgain3 [+]
You say 18 street. If it is a 765 model there is a different part no for the strappy tank bag   on Fowlers parts website A9510248(and a quick release one too).
Sorry bud, I think you may have the slightly wrong accessory!

Having owned a 2103 STR and now owning a 2107 STRS I can say that the tanks and mountings are the same so if it fits on it will fit the other.

Offline RedBikeAgain3

• Street Triple Master
  • Bike: 2015 ST ABS noneR
  • City / Town: Lincoln
« Reply #7 on: February 08, 2019, 10:14:34 PM »
Just saying the part numbers are different - but first hand evidence trumps that.
Hope the OP gets it sorted.
As I think you say it looks like the rear straps could hid under the seat when not it use
Ill wait for an update

Yam DT80, Honda CB250RS, Yam XJ650, Suzuki X7, Kawa GPz500, Honda CB-1 (400), Yam FZS600 and now ... ST

Offline QuijiboJones

• Street Triple Member
  • Topic Author
« Reply #8 on: February 08, 2019, 10:25:53 PM »
Im going to fit on Sunday so Ill update when Im done.

Offline QuijiboJones

• Street Triple Member
  • Topic Author
« Reply #9 on: February 10, 2019, 12:03:58 PM »
Had a look at this today. No way Im fitting it as it is. The rear straps will just hang loose and damage the bike when not in use. Seems a really crap design!

A few people have mentioned a quick release. Does anyone have any experience of these?

This bag might be going back!

Recent Posts/Topics