Author [ES] [CA] [PL] [PT] [IT] [DE] [FR] [NL] [DK] [NO] [GR] [TR] Topic: Fender Extender Extension!  (Read 119 times)

Offline Mitch

• Street Triple Member
  • Topic Author
  • Bike: 2015 Street Triple R
  • City / Town: Lanc's
Fender Extender Extension!
« on: February 12, 2019, 07:41:14 PM »
Hello!, Here's a very Minor Mod I ended up doing recently in case it's of any interest.
(Better look away now if you are fashion conscious)!!

Background: Even after fitting an R&G Fender Extender, the front mudguard on the Street Triple starts off so short, that there still seems a lot of mud, (and worse)!, thrown onto the exhaust, inside the belly pan, and up into the radiator. I decided to do something about it when I got back from a ride past some big cattle farms north of Preston, and could smell the cow muck cooking when I parked it up at home!

So, there it is, I used a bit of plastic damp course from a roll I have had for years, cut to size, and stuck to the inside of the Fender Extender at the bottom. It's quite flimsy, but just-the-job when curved to match the mudguard. The plan is, that if anything serious happens, (like it catching on the tyre for any reason), It should just get ripped off, without damaging anything else.

It just stops a little bit more gack going into the radiator etc, when out and about in the wet...
(but I fully understand that some forum members might be horrified at the sacrilege)!

Cheers, Mitch...
« Last Edit: February 12, 2019, 07:45:48 PM by Mitch »

Offline shaun

• Street Triple God
Re: Fender Extender Extension!
« Reply #1 on: February 12, 2019, 08:07:31 PM »
Good idea and it blends well against the tyre,if I used my bike in all weathers  I would do something similar, all you need now is something for the rear.

Offline adiepage

• Street Triple Master
  • Bike: Street Triple std.
  • City / Town: Mid Devon
« Reply #2 on: February 12, 2019, 08:28:02 PM »
Hey Mitch.  I personally think that looks entirely inoffensive and pretty effective - function over form.  Works for me!  Well done.

Regards,

Adie

Offline Mitch

• Street Triple Member
  • Topic Author
  • Bike: 2015 Street Triple R
  • City / Town: Lanc's
« Reply #3 on: February 12, 2019, 08:36:00 PM »
*Originally Posted by shaun [+]
..... all you need now is something for the rear.....
Good Idea Shaun, I'm On It! Mitch.

Recent Posts/Topics

scandal-fat