Author [ES] [CA] [PL] [PT] [IT] [DE] [FR] [NL] [DK] [NO] [GR] [TR] Topic: new member  (Read 178 times)

Offline victortrry

• Topic Author
  • Bike: strtriple 675
  • City / Town: Sydney
« on: March 09, 2019, 03:54:51 AM »
Hi All,
 I have been riding motorcycles for over 50 years now mainly british, presently I have the following 1970 BSA Firebird, 1954 BSA A10, 1956 BSA B31, 1968 Enfield 350 Bullet, 1981 XS650 Yamaha.  Then recently i bought a written off Street triple 675 for $A100 and wanted to buy a new frame for it
and then get it back on the road.  Here in Australia where I live once its written off that it can"t be reregistered.  So I bought another 675 street triple
a 2010 model.  What a bike I should have bought one years ago.
Victor

Offline Mitch

• Street Triple Member
  • Bike: 2015 Street Triple R
  • City / Town: Lanc's
Re: new member
« Reply #1 on: March 09, 2019, 05:26:26 AM »
Hiya Victor, welcome to this great Forum. There's a lot of people with a vast amount of knowledge on here. Yes, it's a brilliant bike isn't it! I was very tempted to get a Speed Triple instead, because I have tended to have bigger bikes over the last few years, (capacity and physically). So much so, that my wife Diana advised me to go for the Speed Triple, rather than a 675cc.

However, I wanted a change, and also to sample the legendary handling agility of the Street Triple. One test ride sealed the deal! Good Luck with your re-build Victor. Where are you up to with it now? Cheers, Mitch...

Offline victortrry

• Topic Author
  • Bike: strtriple 675
  • City / Town: Sydney
Re: new member
« Reply #2 on: March 09, 2019, 10:02:05 AM »
I have shelved the idea of rebuilding the 2009 model and will keep it for spares, the bike is complete with 5900km on it.
There is a motorcycle wrecker in Sydney who want to buy the bike but I won't sell  it.
The 2010 model is registered and has been accident damaged , the petrol tank is buggered but the previous owner had fitted a vinyl cover
so it doesn't look too bad.
I am going to take the petrol tank off the 2009 and put it on the 2010.

Recent Posts/Topics