Author [ES] [CA] [PL] [PT] [IT] [DE] [FR] [NL] [DK] [NO] [GR] [TR] Topic: Finally on a street triple  (Read 244 times)

Online Spud88

• Topic Author
Finally on a street triple
« on: March 12, 2019, 06:01:57 PM »
Hi all, I have finally got myself a street triple R the new 765. I did test ride the 675 but opted for the mt09 as the deal offered was better for me, but now that deal has ended I have got my new street.
Am just running it in and cant wait to ride it properly!

One question so far, I have sourced a Quickshifter but need a shift rod for it, does anyone know the part number or price? I have looked on a parts website but can only find the standard one which is too long or the full Quickshifter setup.

Offline Street675IRL

• Street Triple Pro
  • Bike: 2013 Street Triple R
  • City / Town: Waterford

Online Spud88

• Topic Author
Re: Finally on a street triple
« Reply #2 on: March 12, 2019, 11:31:54 PM »
Wikid cheers for the link. Will get that ordered as well and look forward to fitting it.
Do you know if the dealers need to do anything with the ecu once its on or is it simply plug and play? My dealer said they need to do it but have read through the fitting instructions and seems to just plug it in and go.

Offline Street675IRL

• Street Triple Pro
  • Bike: 2013 Street Triple R
  • City / Town: Waterford
« Reply #3 on: March 12, 2019, 11:36:47 PM »
*Originally Posted by Spud88 [+]
Wikid cheers for the link. Will get that ordered as well and look forward to fitting it.
Do you know if the dealers need to do anything with the ecu once its on or is it simply plug and play? My dealer said they need to do it but have read through the fitting instructions and seems to just plug it in and go.

No its just plug and play pal...

https://www.triumphinstructions.com/ProdDocs/A9930222-EN.pdf

Offline adiepage

• Street Triple Master
  • Bike: Street Triple std.
  • City / Town: Mid Devon
« Reply #4 on: March 14, 2019, 05:38:21 PM »
*Originally Posted by Spud88 [+]
Hi all, I have finally got myself a street triple R the new 765. I did test ride the 675 but opted for the mt09 as the deal offered was better for me, but now that deal has ended I have got my new street.
Am just running it in and cant wait to ride it properly!

One question so far, I have sourced a Quickshifter but need a shift rod for it, does anyone know the part number or price? I have looked on a parts website but can only find the standard one which is too long or the full Quickshifter setup.

Hello, good day and a belated but very warm :401:!

It would be interesting to know how your new 765 stacks up against the MT09 in the real world, though the base figures suggest that the Yamaha is a good way short of the theoretical capabilities of the ST (Yamaha is 114.9 hp and 188Kg[wet]; STR is 116.4 hp and 166Kg [dry]) but the statistics rarely match real world performance and 'seat of the pants' impressions have a more meaningful value.  So, how does it compare and how does it feel?

Hope the 765 does all you want and need it to do and that you enjoy the ride!

Regards,

Adie

Offline tim.8061

• Street Triple God
  • Bike: Street Triple 09
« Reply #5 on: March 14, 2019, 09:05:29 PM »
Having ridden both (but not back to back) I'd say the MT09 has a much stronger bottom end whereas the 765 feels more top end rush. In real world riding I'd find the MT09 easier with less stirring the box when making progress through traffic but the 765 is well ahead on fast twisty roads or on track.

Recent Posts/Topics