Author [ES] [CA] [PL] [PT] [IT] [DE] [FR] [NL] [DK] [NO] [GR] [TR] Topic: Hertfordshire Triumph (Hemel Hempstead)?  (Read 572 times)

Offline sabre

• Street Triple Member
  • Topic Author
  • Bike: 2013 Street Triple R
  • City / Town: Hertfordshire
Hertfordshire Triumph (Hemel Hempstead)?
« on: March 21, 2019, 08:53:31 AM »
Hertfordshire Triumph (Hemel Hempstead) - Does anybody use these guys for servicing etc? Most comments that I can find online seems to be good, but first hand feedback from forum members would be welcome?

It seems that these guys are my nearest franchised dealership these days and I'll be wanting a service on my STR in the next couple of months.

My STR has a full Triumph history, but I picked it up from a non franchised dealer at the end of last summer. I used to use the Metropolis (London) satellite branch in Barnet (Herts) but I believe it closed a while ago?

TIA,
Steve.
2013 Triumph Street Triple R
1989 Yamaha TDR250
recent departures: 2003 ZRX1200r + 2015 CRF250L :-(

Offline nippykarl

• Street Triple Master
  • Bike: street RS
  • City / Town: Stevenage
Re: Hertfordshire Triumph (Hemel Hempstead)?
« Reply #1 on: March 21, 2019, 06:14:52 PM »
Bought both my triumph bikes new from them and have only used them for service and any warranty never had any problems and they always do a good job not had to go back with any niggles after service and they check the bike over and let you know its all ok. will be using them for next service on my rs if I ever get the chance to put some miles on it.  :002:

Offline Tomspurs

• Street Triple God
  • 09 ST, CRF230F, DT175MX, DT175C, PE175Z, IT175J
  • Bike: 09 Hinkley ST
  • City / Town: Wallington
« Reply #2 on: March 21, 2019, 06:29:59 PM »
If your in Hertfordshire...your already halfway to Clive Woods place    :007:.....so give him a call and head up to Swineshead (Boston way)   :028:
Parc Ferme - Car Park Ross

Offline Ben_M

• Street Triple Pro
  • Bike: Street Triple R
  • City / Town: Beds
« Reply #3 on: March 21, 2019, 06:55:03 PM »
*Originally Posted by Tomspurs [+]
If your in Hertfordshire...your already halfway to Clive Woods place    :007:.....so give him a call and head up to Swineshead (Boston way)   :028:

Exactly what I'm doing Saturday  :028:

Offline sabre

• Street Triple Member
  • Topic Author
  • Bike: 2013 Street Triple R
  • City / Town: Hertfordshire
« Reply #4 on: March 22, 2019, 10:24:34 AM »
*Originally Posted by Tomspurs [+]

To be fair, how can I be half way there if I haven't left yet???  :008: :008:

It's 2.5 hours each way for me - which I don't have too much of an issue with. BUT, sods law is it will p*ss down all day on the day that I get booked in?

So, assuming that nobody on the forum throws a grenade on their reputation, I reckon I'll be giving Herts Triumph a try. I might mosey on over there this weekend for a casual chat to see whether I get the right vibes?

Steve.

Ps. Although I have heard that Mr Woods serves up a mean tea & bickies?
2013 Triumph Street Triple R
1989 Yamaha TDR250
recent departures: 2003 ZRX1200r + 2015 CRF250L :-(

Offline hotmetal

• Street Triple God
  • Bike: Street Triple R 2009
  • City / Town: Thames Valley
« Reply #5 on: March 24, 2019, 10:38:41 PM »
Haha Clive won't make you a tea, he'll be too busy sorting your bike out. Be nice to Gill though and you'll get a quality bacon bap and a brew at the appropriate intervals. If you're lucky,  Bruiser the badass black cat with the pirate ears won't bite your ankle! Recommended.

_______
The only V8 I'm likely to own comes in one litre tetrapaks and tastes like celery.

_________
Play nicely!
Bikes I've had:
Vespa 150 Super, GPz500s, FZR600R, ZX6R, FZS1000 (x2), 2009 Matt Graphite STR
and some pedally ones as well!

Offline nippykarl

• Street Triple Master
  • Bike: street RS
  • City / Town: Stevenage
« Reply #6 on: April 27, 2019, 12:14:13 PM »
Had a service today at palmers at hemel but they are closing down in a few weeks but hopefully moving to a new site with most of the same staff to Watford, will still be triumph approved for sales and service , am tempted to go for a speed s they have in stock thinking about it , must say riding home on the rs I thought this is good enough, will think hard about it.  :002:

Offline neilacwilson

• Bike: 765RS
  • City / Town: North London
« Reply #7 on: April 27, 2019, 02:50:32 PM »
*Originally Posted by sabre [+]
Hertfordshire Triumph (Hemel Hempstead) - Does anybody use these guys for servicing etc? Most comments that I can find online seems to be good, but first hand feedback from forum members would be welcome?

It seems that these guys are my nearest franchised dealership these days and I'll be wanting a service on my STR in the next couple of months.

My STR has a full Triumph history, but I picked it up from a non franchised dealer at the end of last summer. I used to use the Metropolis (London) satellite branch in Barnet (Herts) but I believe it closed a while ago?

TIA,
Steve.

I can't comment on the Hemel dealership these days but I swore I would never use them again after a terrible experience a year or so back. Instead I made the journey up to Lings Norfolk Triumph at Watton and, 7 Triumphs later, have been with them ever since. They have a courtesy bike available, if needed, and are always happy to let you take out a demo while you wait. Sales and service staff very helpful.

In short an excellent dealership, highly recommended.
« Last Edit: April 27, 2019, 02:59:10 PM by neilacwilson »

Offline neilacwilson

• Bike: 765RS
  • City / Town: North London
« Reply #8 on: April 27, 2019, 03:04:56 PM »
FWIW I learned the other day that Ongar Triumph in Essex have been taken over by Lings Triumph. The guy running it, Scott, is from Watton and is excellent. Maybe worth giving them a try.

Recent Posts/Topics