Author [ES] [CA] [PL] [PT] [IT] [DE] [FR] [NL] [DK] [NO] [GR] [TR] Topic: 765 oil leak from oil pan hole  (Read 621 times)

Offline Miro

• Street Triple Member
  • Topic Author
  • Bike: Street Triple 765R
765 oil leak from oil pan hole
« on: April 01, 2019, 10:16:53 AM »
Hi,
I found an oil at the back of oil pan (opposite to the muffler box) coming from kind of hole being there (marked on the occasional picture).

Does anyone know whats purpose of this hole (any oil routing diagram could help)?
Did anyone get such issue on 765 and could advice what's root cause and how to sort it out?

Offline Miro

• Street Triple Member
  • Topic Author
Re: 765 oil leak from oil pan hole
« Reply #1 on: July 10, 2019, 07:49:02 PM »
Maybe it's going to be usefull to others, so I will explain what learnt.
The hole is drainage from water pump assembled inside engine (above this pan). The drainage is designed as short pipe sealed with small double o-rings both sides (the pan and the pump side). It sometimes leak on o-rings (mostly lower ones - the pan side) and that was an issue at mine.
Sorted out.

Cheers

Offline bazzer

• Street Triple Master
« Reply #2 on: July 11, 2019, 07:07:11 AM »
I think unfortunately that might mean the seal on the water pump has failed, however I thought normally thats a water leak from there. Its designed so you don't get water in the oil.

I could be wrong, but that was the case on a 675 engine for sure.

Edited to add I see someone beat me to it with the reply :-)

Offline Miro

• Street Triple Member
  • Topic Author
« Reply #3 on: July 11, 2019, 08:43:43 AM »
The upper o-rings secure water going into oil pan when pump is overloaded. The lower o-rings are dipped in the oil and if failed then you see oil on the pan outside. It was case at me.

Recent Posts/Topics