Author [ES] [CA] [PL] [PT] [IT] [DE] [FR] [NL] [DK] [NO] [GR] [TR] Topic: Street Triple Deal  (Read 614 times)

Astro, Leic STRS and 1 Guest are viewing this topic.

Offline Jonboyfitz

• Street Triple Member
  • Topic Author
Street Triple Deal
« on: April 14, 2019, 04:47:32 PM »
Hi All

So, after quite a few years now, after being relieved of my nice Street Triple R...

I am considering getting the new 765 Street R or RS (yet to decide)

The deal I had for that bike inc fly screen, rad cowls and belly pan I am sure cant be beaten and when I look back, it was a good deal.

Question now is, where Im the UK has the best deal for either the R or RS and do I really want the RS?...

Offline mayberts

• Street Triple Member
Re: Street Triple Deal
« Reply #1 on: April 14, 2019, 04:49:59 PM »
I got the RS.  Having better levers, quick shifter and belly pan was worth it for me.  I sure there are other extra too

Sent from my ONEPLUS A5010 using Tapatalk

Offline Green_Ninja

• Street Triple Master
  • Bike: Street RS/Street R
  • City / Town: Sale
« Reply #2 on: April 14, 2019, 05:26:47 PM »
I got the RS because a the time to spec the R to where I wanted it, belly pan, screen, Q/S etc meant it was only a few hundred cheaper than the RS and it still wouldn't have had the Lovely Brembo M5 brakes, Big Piston forks and Ohlins Shock so it was a no brainer decision.

Having ridden both and if you only intend to buy the R standard you'll be more than happy with it and will save some money.

If it was me I would again buy the RS  :001:

Online shaun

• Street Triple God
« Reply #3 on: April 14, 2019, 06:07:15 PM »
I went for the RS because it needs very little adding apart from tail tidy & a rad guard, the suspension is very good once its done around 2000 miles, the only negative I would say are the tyres which grip well but are too rigid on the road,I changed my tyres to s21s which transformed the ride making it a lot more plush.are you also asking what we paid best deal?.

Offline Jonboyfitz

• Street Triple Member
  • Topic Author
« Reply #4 on: April 14, 2019, 06:52:24 PM »
Yes, any good deals out there?

My Street R was purchased from Triumph dealer Laguna in Kent 5995 on the road with all the options. Back in 2010 when the last of the round headlamps were in 😏

Steffydog recomendation when I joined the forum

Offline XCDC

• Bike: 765 RS
  • City / Town: Leicester
« Reply #5 on: April 14, 2019, 08:18:02 PM »
Good luck with getting anything off the sticker price!

I went and test rode at Pidcocks and was ready to buy if a suitable deal was floated.  I was looking for an R with quickshifter, bar end mirrors and belly pan.  he just totalled up all the parts and added them on top of the full list price.  If he'd have chucked some of the parts in he'd have had a deal and I'd have paid the deposit then and there, didn't want to as they were already subsidising the finance at 6.9%, which I told him I didn't need.

I left and 3 days later he called to see what I wanted to do, in the meantime I picked up a '18 plate 1900m RS with Arrow can, heated grips and a load of other extras and luggage for 8500.  he did me a massive favour!

Online shaun

• Street Triple God
« Reply #6 on: April 14, 2019, 09:08:42 PM »
*Originally Posted by Jonboyfitz [+]
Yes, any good deals out there?

My Street R was purchased from Triumph dealer Laguna in Kent 5995 on the road with all the options. Back in 2010 when the last of the round headlamps were in 😏

Steffydog recomendation when I joined the forum

I bought my RS new 2017 June or July 9450 cash no extras.

Online doggy

• Street Triple God
  • Bike: 765 RS + Monster796
  • City / Town: Kent
« Reply #7 on: April 14, 2019, 10:12:38 PM »
Plenty of used RS's out there with very low miles on them . And they seem to loose a fair bit of money quite quick  :019:

Offline mayberts

• Street Triple Member
« Reply #8 on: April 14, 2019, 10:21:37 PM »
I picked mine up from a Kawasaki dealer.  2.5k miles on the clock and they had it up for 8700 and i got it for 8000.  Came with a seat cowl and frames sliders Everything else was standered

Sent from my ONEPLUS A5010 using Tapatalk

Offline StreetRS1981

• Street Triple Member
  • Bike: Street Triple 765 RS
  • City / Town: Chippenham
« Reply #9 on: April 15, 2019, 01:03:08 PM »
I went for the RS over the R model - simply because of the better suspension, brakes and quick shifter. I also preferred the extras (mirrors, belly pan, seat cowl etc).

I did actually test ride the R beforehand (as they didn't have an RS to test) - and it felt amazing at the time, but after my RS went back a few times for an oil leak, I was given the R for a few days of commuting - and it just felt rubbish after having the RS. The brakes felt lacking massively, the lack of a QS was a pain, and it just felt less special.

Either way, whether you get the R or RS, you are getting a brilliant motorcycle.

Recent Posts/Topics

scandal-fat