Author [ES] [CA] [PL] [PT] [IT] [DE] [FR] [NL] [DK] [NO] [GR] [TR] Topic: Street Triple Deal  (Read 1201 times)

Online dunf

• Street Triple Member
  • dunf
  • Bike: 765R
  • City / Town: Fife
Re: Street Triple Deal
« Reply #10 on: April 15, 2019, 08:06:13 PM »
I went for a new R over the RS but added a QS, belly pan, tank pad, sharks fin. Reason was simple, I wanted the low version that isnt available in the RS, but still wanted some of the trick bits. Wasnt a decision based on cost, but it did work out about 700 cheaper.

Offline PeterSampson

• Street Triple Master
  • Bike: Street Triple R
  • City / Town: Cheshire
« Reply #11 on: April 16, 2019, 08:05:39 PM »
*Originally Posted by shaun [+]
I changed my tyres to s21s which transformed the ride making it a lot more plush.
I had Bridgestone S21's fitted (on the recommendation of my tyre fitter) on my 675 Stripler - and I love 'em

Online shaun

• Street Triple God
« Reply #12 on: April 16, 2019, 08:48:19 PM »
*Originally Posted by PeterSampson [+]
I had Bridgestone S21's fitted (on the recommendation of my tyre fitter) on my 675 Stripler - and I love 'em

Theres a new s22 out but the s21 is still in the range as a discounted tyre👍

Offline Leic STRS

• Street Triple Member
  • Bike: Street Triple RS
  • City / Town: Leicester
« Reply #13 on: April 19, 2019, 11:52:40 AM »
*Originally Posted by XCDC [+]
Good luck with getting anything off the sticker price!

I went and test rode at Pidcocks and was ready to buy if a suitable deal was floated.  I was looking for an R with quickshifter, bar end mirrors and belly pan.  he just totalled up all the parts and added them on top of the full list price.  If he'd have chucked some of the parts in he'd have had a deal and I'd have paid the deposit then and there, didn't want to as they were already subsidising the finance at 6.9%, which I told him I didn't need.

I left and 3 days later he called to see what I wanted to do, in the meantime I picked up a '18 plate 1900m RS with Arrow can, heated grips and a load of other extras and luggage for 8500.  he did me a massive favour!

Yep that sure sounds like Pidcock!
Aprilia RS250 2 stroke (1998)
Street Triple RS 17

Offline redstr13

• Street Triple Member
  • Bike: 13str
« Reply #14 on: April 19, 2019, 05:00:36 PM »
should re-brand to pillocks 😂

Offline heligan675

• Street Triple Master
  • Bike: 2019 street R
  • City / Town: west heath
« Reply #15 on: April 22, 2019, 09:43:38 PM »
streetbike

no extra 150 for the paint option, 500 factory deposit contribution, quickshifter fitted, bit of a wiggle on the price and 6.9%
no argument, recommended, only small gripe is they're so busy it's 10+ for the pdi to be done

chose an R, because it's cheaper, mirrors are better for traffic filtering, tyres will last 2x as long as those supercorsa's and they're not good in the wet

also the R makes more power upto 10250 rpm, with a better curve and no dips, also more torque upto 8000 rpm

2010 grey R to 2013 White R then 2019 Silver R

Recent Posts/Topics