Author [ES] [CA] [PL] [PT] [IT] [DE] [FR] [NL] [DK] [NO] [GR] [TR] Topic: Evening all....another Newbie just arrived  (Read 783 times)

Offline Silla4

• Topic Author
  • Bike: 675 STriple 2010
Re: Evening all....another Newbie just arrived
« Reply #10 on: April 16, 2019, 01:24:54 PM »
*Originally Posted by Scrubber [+]
There were some interesting colours at that period. I test rode a matt Bombay Orange one, quite liked it until i saw the reflection in a shop window. So bought a matt grey one.

The Matt grey Rs are my favourite- excellent choice !!

Offline adiepage

• Street Triple Master
  • Bike: Street Triple std.
  • City / Town: Mid Devon
« Reply #11 on: April 16, 2019, 05:39:41 PM »
*Originally Posted by Silla4 [+]
Thank you, it was the main reason I went to see that particular one when it came up for sale, amongst all the black and red ones..

OI!  Leave i' ahrt!  Red, I'll have you know, is the next most rare colour - second only to some weird citrus based concoction .....uhmmm ... 'Burnt Primrose' or summink!      :038:

Offline Silla4

• Topic Author
« Reply #12 on: April 17, 2019, 08:27:31 AM »
*Originally Posted by adiepage [+]
OI!  Leave i' ahrt!  Red, I'll have you know, is the next most rare colour - second only to some weird citrus based concoction .....uhmmm ... 'Burnt Primrose' or summink!      :038:

:008: burnt primrose:008:

Here ya go, Sid Striple in all his glory

Offline adiepage

• Street Triple Master
  • Bike: Street Triple std.
  • City / Town: Mid Devon
« Reply #13 on: April 17, 2019, 09:14:35 AM »
:008: burnt primrose:008:

Here ya go, Sid Striple in all his glory

Yeah, all joking aside, the bike really does look good in that colour.  Nice find.  Enjoy.

Regards,

Adie

Online Tomspurs

• Street Triple God
  • 09 ST, CRF230F, DT175MX, DT175C, PE175Z, IT175J
  • Bike: 09 Hinkley ST
  • City / Town: Wallington
« Reply #14 on: April 19, 2019, 06:54:13 AM »
Welcome to the Forum Cilla....that was not a popular colour when it came out, thats why you don't see many, which makes it more desirable now  :002:   Never was a Burnt Primrose or Bombay Orange (never see that colour on a Wellington either  :007:).....its was Roullete Green, Black, Fusion White on the STD Streets followed by Matt oranges and greys, then gloss oranges, Crystal White, a couple of Reds which no one can tell the difference between....and so on...well, not many more colours other than your Scorched Yellow (Old Daytona colour I believe)...anyway, all Street Triples are nice...all great bikes  :028:     
Parc Ferme - Car Park Ross

Offline hotmetal

• Street Triple God
  • Bike: Street Triple R 2009
  • City / Town: Thames Valley
« Reply #15 on: April 19, 2019, 09:58:58 PM »
The Matt grey Rs are my favourite- excellent choice !!
I was going to say Welcome but now it will have to be an extra large WELCOME as you have correctly stated that the early round eye R in matt graphite is ace! Burnt yellow is also a lovely colour - I've always admired Triumph's cojones when it came to colours. Just waiting  for them to bring out a really sizzling colour for the RS (and some sort of windfall so I can buy it)!

_______
The only V8 I'm likely to own comes in one litre tetrapaks and tastes like celery.

_________
Play nicely!
Bikes I've had:
Vespa 150 Super, GPz500s, FZR600R, ZX6R, FZS1000 (x2), 2009 Matt Graphite STR
and some pedally ones as well!

Offline Silla4

• Topic Author
« Reply #16 on: April 22, 2019, 07:56:16 AM »
*Originally Posted by Tomspurs [+]
Welcome to the Forum Cilla....that was not a popular colour when it came out, thats why you don't see many, which makes it more desirable now  :002:   Never was a Burnt Primrose or Bombay Orange (never see that colour on a Wellington either  :007:).....its was Roullete Green, Black, Fusion White on the STD Streets followed by Matt oranges and greys, then gloss oranges, Crystal White, a couple of Reds which no one can tell the difference between....and so on...well, not many more colours other than your Scorched Yellow (Old Daytona colour I believe)...anyway, all Street Triples are nice...all great bikes  :028:   

Interesting STG, thank you  :002:

Offline Silla4

• Topic Author
« Reply #17 on: April 22, 2019, 08:00:57 AM »
*Originally Posted by hotmetal [+]
I was going to say Welcome but now it will have to be an extra large WELCOME as you have correctly stated that the early round eye R in matt graphite is ace! Burnt yellow is also a lovely colour - I've always admired Triumph's cojones when it came to colours. Just waiting  for them to bring out a really sizzling colour for the RS (and some sort of windfall so I can buy it

They dont seem to be into colour anymore, perhaps Scorched Yellow 2 is not executive enough  :008:

Recent Posts/Topics

scandal-fat