Author [ES] [CA] [PL] [PT] [IT] [DE] [FR] [NL] [DK] [NO] [GR] [TR] Topic: Hi from Brackley  (Read 446 times)

Offline xbpod

• Street Triple Member
  • Topic Author
  • Bike: Street triple 765
  • City / Town: BRACKLEY
Hi from Brackley
« on: May 19, 2019, 07:09:39 PM »
Hi from a Triumph newbie. Collected my 765 R on Thursday and running it in, getting first service done, ready for tour to Spain next month. Last minute buying decision but needed something lighter and more agile than the Harley I had planned to use. Fingers crossed it will be comfortable enough for the trip.  :002: 

Online adiepage

• Street Triple Master
  • Bike: Street Triple std.
  • City / Town: Mid Devon
Re: Hi from Brackley
« Reply #1 on: May 20, 2019, 08:41:22 AM »
*Originally Posted by xbpod [+]
Hi from a Triumph newbie. Collected my 765 R on Thursday and running it in, getting first service done, ready for tour to Spain next month. Last minute buying decision but needed something lighter and more agile than the Harley I had planned to use. Fingers crossed it will be comfortable enough for the trip.  :002:

Hello, good morning and a very warm  :401: to the net's best forum for all things Street Triple!

For a 'last minute' decision I thgink most of us would agree that you've made a good one.  The Street is much more agile and manageable than the Hardley but remains capable of being used in all kinds of "roles" from back lanes scratcher to medium distance tourer.  It's a genuine all-rounder - with, of course, some of the compromises inherent from the term - that is sure to bring a smile to your face.

Keep it shiney shide up, enjoy that trip and maybe post some pictures of your bike in Spain?

Regards,

Adie

Offline Stevie

• Street Triple Pro
  • Bike: Street triple r
  • City / Town: Newcastle
« Reply #2 on: May 20, 2019, 12:12:20 PM »
Hello and welcome to the forum, nice choice of bike and I hope you enjoy your Spain trip, please let us know how you get on.

Offline Majortom

• Street Triple Member
  • Bike: Street Triple RS
  • City / Town: Atherstone
« Reply #3 on: May 20, 2019, 11:03:09 PM »
Get your self a Air Hawk or similar seat cushion, makes all the difference on long journeys
Great choice by the way

Offline xbpod

• Street Triple Member
  • Topic Author
« Reply #4 on: May 22, 2019, 08:49:56 PM »
Thanks for the welcome, rode 150 miles today, at running in speeds  :003:, and found the seat to be OK. I would rather do without adding anything to the seat as my little legs struggle to reach the ground as it is  :002:

Offline Tomspurs

• Street Triple God
  • 09 ST, CRF230F, DT175MX, DT175C, PE175Z, IT175J
  • Bike: 09 Hinkley ST
  • City / Town: Wallington
« Reply #5 on: May 22, 2019, 10:18:29 PM »
Welcome to the Forum......we use airhawk seat pads here and Rocket Man   :149: boots...seems to do the trick  :007:     
Parc Ferme - Car Park Ross

Offline xbpod

• Street Triple Member
  • Topic Author
« Reply #6 on: May 23, 2019, 09:15:08 AM »
*Originally Posted by Tomspurs [+]
Welcome to the Forum......we use airhawk seat pads here and Rocket Man   :149: boots...seems to do the trick  :007:     

Oh how I loved the seventies, when I could flat foot on any bike with my platforms on.  :031:

Online adiepage

• Street Triple Master
  • Bike: Street Triple std.
  • City / Town: Mid Devon
« Reply #7 on: May 23, 2019, 09:19:03 AM »
*Originally Posted by xbpod [+]
Oh how I loved the seventies, when I could flat foot on any bike with my platforms on.  :031:

Yeah, but getting out of first was a real bitch .........  :008:

Offline Tomspurs

• Street Triple God
  • 09 ST, CRF230F, DT175MX, DT175C, PE175Z, IT175J
  • Bike: 09 Hinkley ST
  • City / Town: Wallington
« Reply #8 on: May 23, 2019, 07:15:07 PM »
*Originally Posted by adiepage [+]
Yeah, but getting out of first was a real bitch .........  :008:

Relive the moment...."The Bitch is Back"   :149:
Parc Ferme - Car Park Ross

Offline hotmetal

• Street Triple God
  • Bike: Street Triple R 2009
  • City / Town: Thames Valley
« Reply #9 on: May 24, 2019, 09:52:48 PM »
Welcome. Good choice. Your coccyx will thank you. Harleys are designed to *look* comfy but in reality all your weight goes through your spine and it's hard to shift positions, which I'd say is a must on intercontinental ballistic missile journeys. I've toured a lot on sports bikes and old Fazer 1000s, and apart from wind protection and overall luggage capacity, Street is, er, streets ahead ergonomically. Oh yeah not to mention I'm well jel, would love to tour Spain again. Unfortunately the hotmetalette is a) from Spain and b) not keen on long journeys by bike. Wear an under suit or you'll never get your leathers off at the end of the day. Or get a mesh suit like RST Ventilator. Today's top tip based on my mistakes!

_______
The only V8 I'm likely to own comes in one litre tetrapaks and tastes like celery.
_________
Play nicely!
Bikes I've had:
Vespa 150 Super, GPz500s, FZR600R, ZX6R, FZS1000 (x2), 2009 Matt Graphite STR
and some pedally ones as well!

Recent Posts/Topics

scandal-fat