Author [ES] [CA] [PL] [PT] [IT] [DE] [FR] [NL] [DK] [NO] [GR] [TR] Topic: Alternate Silencer for 07-12 Arrow Lowboy  (Read 904 times)

Offline chuckactor

• Topic Author
  • Bike: 2011 Street Triple R
  • City / Town: Fort Collins
Alternate Silencer for 07-12 Arrow Lowboy
« on: May 20, 2019, 11:31:01 PM »
Hello for the states.  I just purchased a salvage 2011 STR with an Arrow 3-1 on it.  Unfortunately, one of the items that got messed up in the wreck was the silencer.  I have since found out that replacement Arrow silencers are non-existent and used ones rarely come up for sale.  The header is in great shape.  Does anyone know of another brand silencer  that will mate up with the Arrow 3-1 header?   Was hoping there might be a cheaper option than buying a new full exhaust.

Thanks,
Chuck

Offline Tomspurs

• Street Triple God
  • 09 ST, CRF230F, DT175MX, DT175C, PE175Z, IT175J
  • Bike: 09 Hinkley ST
  • City / Town: Wallington
Re: Alternate Silencer for 07-12 Arrow Lowboy
« Reply #1 on: May 21, 2019, 06:54:41 AM »
Have you looked at the Werks exhaust from the good old US of  A ...you might be able to adapt that one as I think the 07-11 version was designed to weld onto the existing pipe. The Arrow headers may not let you do this as I believe they are not stainless steel ... Titanium maybe  :031:
Parc Ferme - Car Park Ross

Offline shaun

• Street Triple God
« Reply #2 on: May 21, 2019, 08:57:33 AM »
Most end cans have a 50 mm or 2 inch opening and my guess is the arrow will be the same,if it is the you could cut the old one off and replace with a second hand one with a 50 mm opening,you can buy straps etc for the can on eBay. I had a similar problem with a Honda transalp were a converted an blue flame can of a street triple to fit the transalp.

Offline chuckactor

• Topic Author
  • Bike: 2011 Street Triple R
  • City / Town: Fort Collins
« Reply #3 on: May 22, 2019, 02:14:38 AM »
I actually contacted Werks already.  They said they were busy this time of year and couldn't do anything custom till Sept or Oct.  I decided to avoid further frustrating myself so I just ordered a SC Project GP M2.  Guess I'll see if one of the local racers wants an Arrow header....

This pretty much guarantees a used Arrow silencer will show up on ebay next week. :019:

Chuck

Offline joelyvette

• Street Triple Pro
  • Bike: 2010 Street Triple
« Reply #4 on: May 26, 2019, 03:12:20 AM »

Offline riversbikes

• Street Triple Member
  • Bike: striple 675 2010
  • City / Town: brandon
« Reply #5 on: August 17, 2019, 02:11:57 PM »
I'm in a similar boat -- might be selling a set of Arrow lowboy headers as I don't have a muffler that will work.  Note that the header OD is larger than 2" !! You'd need to get some custom work done to get something to slip over.  Also, I noticed that the race bellypan that comes I think UK race support sold will work with the stock headers... there does not appear to be any clearance issues....

Offline ManicGTI

• Street Triple Pro
  • Bike: '10 Street Triple R
  • City / Town: Kingston, London
« Reply #6 on: October 07, 2019, 04:24:55 PM »
*Originally Posted by Tomspurs [+]
Have you looked at the Werks exhaust from the good old US of  A ...you might be able to adapt that one as I think the 07-11 version was designed to weld onto the existing pipe. The Arrow headers may not let you do this as I believe they are not stainless steel ... Titanium maybe  :031:

FYI The Comp Werkes 3-1 lowboy clamps onto the Cat body, no welding required.  The back of the OEM header is cut off just past the weld on the cat (leaving the cat innards in place).  (I'm running one).

Not sure what diam the Cat is though.

Recent Posts/Topics