Author [ES] [CA] [PL] [PT] [IT] [DE] [FR] [NL] [DK] [NO] [GR] [TR] Topic: Alternate Silencer for 07-12 Arrow Lowboy  (Read 549 times)

Offline chuckactor

• Topic Author
  • Bike: 2011 Street Triple R
  • City / Town: Fort Collins
Alternate Silencer for 07-12 Arrow Lowboy
« on: May 20, 2019, 11:31:01 PM »
Hello for the states.  I just purchased a salvage 2011 STR with an Arrow 3-1 on it.  Unfortunately, one of the items that got messed up in the wreck was the silencer.  I have since found out that replacement Arrow silencers are non-existent and used ones rarely come up for sale.  The header is in great shape.  Does anyone know of another brand silencer  that will mate up with the Arrow 3-1 header?   Was hoping there might be a cheaper option than buying a new full exhaust.

Thanks,
Chuck

Offline Tomspurs

• Street Triple God
  • 09 ST, CRF230F, DT175MX, DT175C, PE175Z, IT175J
  • Bike: 09 Hinkley ST
  • City / Town: Wallington
Re: Alternate Silencer for 07-12 Arrow Lowboy
« Reply #1 on: May 21, 2019, 06:54:41 AM »
Have you looked at the Werks exhaust from the good old US of  A ...you might be able to adapt that one as I think the 07-11 version was designed to weld onto the existing pipe. The Arrow headers may not let you do this as I believe they are not stainless steel ... Titanium maybe  :031:
Parc Ferme - Car Park Ross

Online shaun

• Street Triple God
« Reply #2 on: May 21, 2019, 08:57:33 AM »
Most end cans have a 50 mm or 2 inch opening and my guess is the arrow will be the same,if it is the you could cut the old one off and replace with a second hand one with a 50 mm opening,you can buy straps etc for the can on eBay. I had a similar problem with a Honda transalp were a converted an blue flame can of a street triple to fit the transalp.

Offline chuckactor

• Topic Author
  • Bike: 2011 Street Triple R
  • City / Town: Fort Collins
« Reply #3 on: May 22, 2019, 02:14:38 AM »
I actually contacted Werks already.  They said they were busy this time of year and couldn't do anything custom till Sept or Oct.  I decided to avoid further frustrating myself so I just ordered a SC Project GP M2.  Guess I'll see if one of the local racers wants an Arrow header....

This pretty much guarantees a used Arrow silencer will show up on ebay next week. :019:

Chuck

Offline joelyvette

• Street Triple Pro
  • Bike: 2010 Street Triple
« Reply #4 on: May 26, 2019, 03:12:20 AM »

Offline riversbikes

• Street Triple Member
  • Bike: striple 675 2010
  • City / Town: brandon
« Reply #5 on: August 17, 2019, 02:11:57 PM »
I'm in a similar boat -- might be selling a set of Arrow lowboy headers as I don't have a muffler that will work.  Note that the header OD is larger than 2" !! You'd need to get some custom work done to get something to slip over.  Also, I noticed that the race bellypan that comes I think UK race support sold will work with the stock headers... there does not appear to be any clearance issues....

Recent Posts/Topics

scandal-fat