Author [ES] [CA] [PL] [PT] [IT] [DE] [FR] [NL] [DK] [NO] [GR] [TR] Topic: 'Acoustic cameras' tested in bid to cut noisy vehicles  (Read 896 times)

0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic.

Online adiepage

  • Street Triple Master
  • ****
  • Posts: 806
  • Bike: Street Triple std.
  • City / Town: Mid Devon
  • Country: England
Re: 'Acoustic cameras' tested in bid to cut noisy vehicles
« Reply #10 on: June 11, 2019, 10:01:22 AM »
*Originally Posted by F5 Dave [+]
Haha nice one.

In NZ we are over policed for speed. Our roads are tight and twisty and the political atmosphere seems to think 100% safety is achieved through speed control. 

The glory days of, say the 90s are behind us when we had the best ratio of bike and tyre technology vs freedom to do illegal and dangerous things taking responsibility for the level of risk in hopefully an outback area rather than past a school at home time.

Ride while you can, the end is nigh.

Hopefully by then simulators will be realistic enough for me to get my jollys on a road going NSR500 and whatever representation a spotty 20yr old programmer can make of what Elle McPherson looked like circa 1990 something.

Definitely with you on the over-policing for speed over there, Dave.  I suspect that they're still looking for me to settle the unpaid speeding ticket I picked up on a long, downhill, totally unoccupied straight somehewere near "whangafangarui" .... or somesuch unpronouncable remote settlement!  Do you have a statute of limitations, there?  It's been well over a decade since that little incident threatened to ruin my holiday!

Yep, get out and ride while you can is good advice .... 'cept it's blowing a hoolie and raining like it's Milford Sound here!!

Online tim.8061

  • Street Triple God
  • *****
  • Posts: 1798
  • Bike: Street Triple 09
  • City / Town: Gloucester
  • Country: United Kingdom
Re: 'Acoustic cameras' tested in bid to cut noisy vehicles
« Reply #11 on: June 11, 2019, 06:01:16 PM »
There's a big difference between fruity cans which most fit, and completely open pipes which some think are clever. Personally I don't feel like I have annoy all and sundry in order to enjoy myself on a bike like those saddos.

WRT the cams; I'd guess you'd get a visit from plod and and an inspection rather than a ticket as per speed cams. Be good to get the minority idiots off the roads who spoil it for the rest of us.

YMMV bring it on.

Online F5 Dave

  • Street Triple Master
  • ****
  • Posts: 549
  • Bike: STR 11
  • City / Town: Wellington
  • Country: New Zealand
Re: 'Acoustic cameras' tested in bid to cut noisy vehicles
« Reply #12 on: June 12, 2019, 02:44:20 AM »
*Originally Posted by adiepage [+]
Definitely with you on the over-policing for speed over there, Dave.  I suspect that they're still looking for me to settle the unpaid speeding ticket I picked up on a long, downhill, totally unoccupied straight somehewere near "whangafangarui" .... or somesuch unpronouncable remote settlement!  Do you have a statute of limitations, there?  It's been well over a decade since that little incident threatened to ruin my holiday!

Yep, get out and ride while you can is good advice .... 'cept it's blowing a hoolie and raining like it's Milford Sound here!!

5 years non payment fine goes up $4000. After 8 theres a warrant issued.  Not many go that far as they classify it as a serious offence irrespective of the fine origin. 10 years would have them going batshit!

You might find your name and possibly picture here;

nzpolice.com/offenders/50mostwanted/


But don't think theres an extradition treaty with UK is there?

I might be able to get $20 finders fee for dobbing you in.
« Last Edit: June 12, 2019, 02:48:03 AM by F5 Dave »

Online adiepage

  • Street Triple Master
  • ****
  • Posts: 806
  • Bike: Street Triple std.
  • City / Town: Mid Devon
  • Country: England
Re: 'Acoustic cameras' tested in bid to cut noisy vehicles
« Reply #13 on: June 12, 2019, 10:24:55 AM »
*Originally Posted by F5 Dave [+]
5 years non payment fine goes up $4000. After 8 theres a warrant issued.  Not many go that far as they classify it as a serious offence irrespective of the fine origin. 10 years would have them going batshit!

You might find your name and possibly picture here;

nzpolice.com/offenders/50mostwanted/


But don't think theres an extradition treaty with UK is there?

I might be able to get $20 finders fee for dobbing you in.

Best change my name and apply for a new passport if I think about returning, then?  At least by then the passport won't have a ring of stars on it ......  :008:

Online kam

  • Street Triple Master
  • ****
  • Posts: 296
  • Success is a journey, not a destination. . .
  • Bike: GSXR 1000
  • City / Town: Surrey
  • Country: UK
Re: 'Acoustic cameras' tested in bid to cut noisy vehicles
« Reply #14 on: June 12, 2019, 11:30:10 AM »
*Originally Posted by tim.8061 [+]
There's a big difference between fruity cans which most fit, and completely open pipes which some think are clever. Personally I don't feel like I have annoy all and sundry in order to enjoy myself on a bike like those saddos.

WRT the cams; I'd guess you'd get a visit from plod and and an inspection rather than a ticket as per speed cams. Be good to get the minority idiots off the roads who spoil it for the rest of us.

YMMV bring it on.

I know people who have been burgled and didn't get a visit from the plod, just a crime reference number over the phone for insurance. Would be a dam shame to allocate police resource to something so trivial when there are plenty of real world crimes that are life changing for people that are not dealt with.  :027:

Online Green_Ninja

  • Street Triple Master
  • ****
  • Posts: 420
  • Bike: Street RS/Street R
  • City / Town: Sale
  • Country: UK
Re: 'Acoustic cameras' tested in bid to cut noisy vehicles
« Reply #15 on: June 12, 2019, 11:53:19 AM »
*Originally Posted by kam [+]
I know people who have been burgled and didn't get a visit from the plod, just a crime reference number over the phone for insurance. Would be a dam shame to allocate police resource to something so trivial when there are plenty of real world crimes that are life changing for people that are not dealt with.  :027:

But that is exactly why they are proposing to use cameras, plod is not needed.

Offline Will Morgan

  • Street Triple Member
  • **
  • Posts: 88
  • Bike: 765R
  • City / Town: Ross on Wye
  • Country: United Kingdom
Re: 'Acoustic cameras' tested in bid to cut noisy vehicles
« Reply #16 on: June 12, 2019, 01:36:44 PM »
I dont think anyone should panic.
Speeding is a common offence, noisy exhausts far less common.
There would have to be a monumental moron in government to spend X millions of taxpayers money developing and installing a new acoustic camera system that wouldnt be recouped by the relatively small number of fines issued.

OK, Ive talked myself into it. The probability of that monumental moron actually existing has got me panicking, but more as a taxpayer than potential offender.

Online adiepage

  • Street Triple Master
  • ****
  • Posts: 806
  • Bike: Street Triple std.
  • City / Town: Mid Devon
  • Country: England
Re: 'Acoustic cameras' tested in bid to cut noisy vehicles
« Reply #17 on: June 12, 2019, 02:12:03 PM »
*Originally Posted by Will Morgan [+]
I dont think anyone should panic.
Speeding is a common offence, noisy exhausts far less common.
There would have to be a monumental moron in government to spend X millions of taxpayers money developing and installing a new acoustic camera system that wouldnt be recouped by the relatively small number of fines issued.

OK, Ive talked myself into it. The probability of that monumental moron actually existing has got me panicking, but more as a taxpayer than potential offender.

I'm liking your logic, Sir ..........

Though I'd say you did use the singular when referring to " .... monumental moron in government .... "   A simple error in rhetorical grammar, I take it?  :008:

Online tim.8061

  • Street Triple God
  • *****
  • Posts: 1798
  • Bike: Street Triple 09
  • City / Town: Gloucester
  • Country: United Kingdom
Re: 'Acoustic cameras' tested in bid to cut noisy vehicles
« Reply #18 on: June 12, 2019, 04:37:32 PM »
Be a pretty easy mod to fit to existing cameras. Then all that happens is they are sorted by the admin into speeding offender pile and noise offender pile for processing.

 


Recent Posts/Topics