Author [ES] [CA] [PL] [PT] [IT] [DE] [FR] [NL] [DK] [NO] [GR] [TR] Topic: Is my seat errmm seated properly?  (Read 309 times)

Offline TripleKam

• Street Triple Member
  • Topic Author
  • Bike: Street Triple R
  • City / Town: Middlesex
Is my seat errmm seated properly?
« on: June 09, 2019, 02:06:36 AM »
I can at times have a bit of OCD I will admit, a place for everything with everything in its place kinda thing...

Only had my '13 plate R a few days now so am getting used to being around it but after replacing the seat (fitted some trickle charge leads) I noticed my seat doesn't sit flush, cue OCD overdrive  :211:

Is this a Trip thing? as the battery terminals do sit close but are just clear, the rear lock engages nicely enough but the mid part of the seat is just not seating properly hence the non-flush line on the outside which honestly does not bug me in the slightest  :009:

The only component in the middle is the rubber grommets which are factory? There is no D-lock here or any other items stored there?

As a bonus question I'm trying to work out what the previous owner had attached/stuck on above the instrument pod?

As its tapered it couldn't have been anything with a solid base?

Please help me settle my OCD  :027:

Offline Tomspurs

• Street Triple God
  • 09 ST, CRF230F, DT175MX, DT175C, PE175Z, IT175J
  • Bike: 09 Hinkley ST
  • City / Town: Wallington
Re: Is my seat errmm seated properly?
« Reply #1 on: June 09, 2019, 09:28:44 AM »
Sat Nav or phone maybe   :027:
Parc Ferme - Car Park Ross

Online adiepage

• Street Triple Master
  • Bike: Street Triple std.
  • City / Town: Mid Devon
« Reply #2 on: June 09, 2019, 09:48:11 AM »
Hey KAM.  I suspect you're going to have to work hard to suppress the OCD if that size of gap is going to set you off!  :008:

My view would be that the seat looks OK - let's face it, with a plastic base it is going to "give" a litttle when you sit on it - you wouldn't want the rider's weight transferred immediately on to the plastic side panels if the seat base was heavy and solid enough not to 'give' a little. 

As for the 'ring mark' I would think that's almost certainly - as Tom says - a phone or sat. nav. holder and the PO has used some kind of adhesive to give it a firm grip for the exact reason you mention, i.e. the tapered moulding shape.  WD40 should get the residue off.

Time to spend a few minutes in a quiet darkened room and repeat a mantra - the gap is fine ..... the gap is fine ..... the gap ...

Regards,

Adie

Offline Neil955i

• Street Triple Member
  • The older I get, the faster I was!
  • City / Town: Crewe
« Reply #3 on: June 09, 2019, 04:24:23 PM »
Hi TripleKam, I have a 2012 Streety and suffer the exact same OCD angst with the gap on my seat! . Had managed to put it to the back of my mind, so thanks.

If it helps, I reckon the gap on mine is even wider than yours...

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Cheers,
Neil

Offline TripleKam

• Street Triple Member
  • Topic Author
  • City / Town: Middlesex
« Reply #4 on: June 11, 2019, 01:30:25 AM »
Ok I'll have to get a statue or ornament to hide the glue marks on the dash as I'm not looking to put anything there

*Originally Posted by adiepage [+]
I suspect you're going to have to work hard to suppress the OCD if that size of gap is going to set you off!  :008:

Time to spend a few minutes in a quiet darkened room and repeat a mantra - the gap is fine ..... the gap is fine ..... the gap ...

:008: It's actually been getting a lot better, you wouldn't believe the progress I've made, now I can listen to the car radio and set the volume at both even and odd numbers...

*Originally Posted by Neil955i [+]
I have a 2012 Streety and suffer the exact same OCD angst with the gap on my seat! . Had managed to put it to the back of my mind, so thanks.

If it helps, I reckon the gap on mine is even wider than yours...

This is both good and bad news, good because its not just mine and there are others out there and bad because...I...can never look at another triple the same way again as I my eyes will make a bee line for the wrong thing!

Ok it looks like I'm gonna have to accept this is just a manufacture thing till my OCD gets bored and concentrates on something else which as we know will happen very soon  :009:

Offline F5 Dave

• Street Triple Master
  • Bike: STR 11
  • City / Town: Wellington
« Reply #5 on: June 11, 2019, 02:53:21 AM »
*Originally Posted by TripleKam [+]
Ok I'll have to get a statue or ornament to hide the glue marks on the dash .

Now yer talking.  Are you thinking Buddah or maybe Krishna,  that's the one with the trunk and all the arms yeah?

Or are you thinking something more ornamental with a water feature? :461:

Recent Posts/Topics

scandal-fat