Author [ES] [CA] [PL] [PT] [IT] [DE] [FR] [NL] [DK] [NO] [GR] [TR] Topic: ST Gen 1 Indicators  (Read 342 times)

Offline Dreadnought

• Street Triple Pro
  • Topic Author
  • Bike: Gen 1 Street Triple
ST Gen 1 Indicators
« on: June 16, 2019, 05:26:54 PM »
Hi,
     Looking for a full set of ST Gen 1 indicators for a 2009 bike as some muppet has fitted crappy aftermarket ones.

Cheers

Offline adiepage

• Street Triple Master
  • Bike: Street Triple std.
  • City / Town: Mid Devon
Re: ST Gen 1 Indicators
« Reply #1 on: June 17, 2019, 05:41:41 PM »
*Originally Posted by Dreadnought [+]
Hi,
     Looking for a full set of ST Gen 1 indicators for a 2009 bike as some muppet has fitted crappy aftermarket ones.

Cheers

You can get (what appear to be) very good aftermarket repro's now that look pretty much identical to the original ... like these, maybe :-

https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Front-Right-Indicator-Triumph-Street-Triple-675-2008-2014/143095141686?epid=519060291&hash=item2151229536:g:ba0AAOSwSAtcp7Uq&frcectupt=true

Let's face it, they'd probably pass muster and, generally speaking look a whole lot better than most aftermarket items on ebay!

I have to say that I DO NOT have any experience of how good - or bad - these are ..... but, I did buy some Taiwanese repro's of the now unobtainium indicators for my Mark One SPEED and they are pretty damned good.  Well, from a distance of not less than, say, three feet, they're pretty damned good.  Good enough for me to intend to remove and store my originals and put the repro's on.  Should be interesting to see if the nosepickers looking for 100% 'originality' spot the fakes!  :008:

Offline Dreadnought

• Street Triple Pro
  • Topic Author
  • Bike: Gen 1 Street Triple
« Reply #2 on: June 17, 2019, 08:09:27 PM »
Thanks for this, but I'm a bit OCD about things like this, I'll wait out for some genuine ones

Offline adiepage

• Street Triple Master
  • Bike: Street Triple std.
  • City / Town: Mid Devon
« Reply #3 on: June 18, 2019, 10:47:18 AM »
*Originally Posted by Dreadnought [+]
Thanks for this, but I'm a bit OCD about things like this, I'll wait out for some genuine ones

Absolutely understand - and agree - about the 'OCD'.  I'm kinda the same myself ..... hence the use of repro's (on my Mk 1 Speed) where the originals are like rocking horse excrement.  If I can keep the originals in decent, useable nick and packed away then it's worth using the cheapo's.   I tend not to sell motorcycles so I'm expecting to own my T3's for another twenty plus years ...... always assuming that I make it that long! My 900 Trident is already 27 years old - probably older than a significant number of forum members!   :008:

Good luck with your search - and please feel free to let me know if you find a source of new, OEM at a good price ....  I may well invest in some for mine.

Regards,

Adie

Recent Posts/Topics