Author [ES] [CA] [PL] [PT] [IT] [DE] [FR] [NL] [DK] [NO] [GR] [TR] Topic: I <3 my Street Triple  (Read 597 times)

Offline Snips

• Street Triple Master
  • Topic Author
  • @nigelstreet
  • Bike: Street Triple Rx
  • City / Town: Newmarket
I <3 my Street Triple
« on: July 01, 2019, 03:14:12 PM »
My Street Triple Rx is coming up to 4 years old, modded as below, and has about 12K miles on.  It's done trips to the Isle of Man (outside of TT) and Wales, and general short and long runs, 3 or 4 track days.  I've ridden it in rain, but don't ride it over winter.  It's kept in a garage when not being used, and has never missed a beat, although it's recently acquired a small oil leak from somewhere, that I'll ask dealer to look at during upcoming Service / MOT.

I've usually have a superbike alongside, but where other bikes have come and gone, my Street Triple is a keeper.  It is always a hoot to ride, not too much, not too little.

In summary, this is a post to say how much I love my Street Triple.  If you're on this forum to research whether to get one, do it!
2015 Street Triple Rx.  SC Project Conic 'zorst. 7x5 plate. Supabrake-2.  #HideTheHorn
Triumph: Rear sets, LED indicators, anodised reservoirs, bar end mirrors, short levers.
Evotech: Tail tidy, Shark Fin, Rad Guard. Rear foot peg blanking plates.
MCT tuned suspension. Lithium battery

Offline 675mike

• Street Triple Master
  • Bike: street rx
  • City / Town: pie eater country
Re: I <3 my Street Triple
« Reply #1 on: July 27, 2019, 04:41:21 PM »
Have to second that one got mine four years ago sad to see my old str go but the rx has filled it's boots and more .started looking at 765rs but it's not has good has the rx.

Online Tomspurs

• Street Triple God
  • 09 ST, CRF230F, DT175MX, DT175C, PE175Z, IT175J
  • Bike: 09 Hinkley ST
  • City / Town: Wallington
« Reply #2 on: July 27, 2019, 05:52:46 PM »
Have had my 09 since 2010....had it nicked, got it back virtually undamaged and still got it now with 27k on the clock. It won't be sold on anywhere soon....sold my 10 plate a few years ago and now have a breaker 16" plate which is getting the Rx treatment and more if I get the pars and enthusiasm.....the Street is defo a keeper for me as well  :028:
Parc Ferme - Car Park Ross

Offline adiepage

• Street Triple Master
  • Bike: Street Triple std.
  • City / Town: Mid Devon
« Reply #3 on: July 28, 2019, 10:07:37 AM »
I'm something of a hoarder anyway but the Street Triple is, without a doubt, the easiest and most accomplished of all the bikes I own to just fire up and ride!   I've seen so many posts - in this and the other forum I'm on - that have praised it for every possible attribute, and many are from people that own, or have owned, a wide variety of bikes.  It really is a great 'all-rounder'.

I can't imagine a life with only one motorcycle in it and if I was forced to sell all of my bikes bar one I'd have a hell of a hard time deciding between the ST and my 1992 Trident 900, but that's largely down to an emotional connection with the Trident which I've owned from brand new  Good job I didn't buy my Street brand new or I'd be in real trouble should push ever come to shove!

Online crusty20

• Street Triple God
  • If you're going through hell - keep going
  • Bike: Street triple
  • City / Town: Barnsley,South Yorks
Re: I &lt;3 my Street Triple
« Reply #4 on: July 28, 2019, 02:05:27 PM »
Have owned my ST from new in September 2011. I had to address the poor suspension and front brake so modded with a Daytona front forks/brakes ( then reworked by Maxton for my weight). Added Ohlins rear shock to make it a ride all day Bike then added a quick shifter for more fun. Arrows twin slip on silencers for weight saving plus loads more cosmetic mods. I wouldnt sell my Bike for love nor money, loving it. Its fun and simple to ride and thats how I like it. I test rode the RS when it came out and some things impressed me but I think they spoiled it with all the added electronics, plus the riding position felt like a Speed ( sat on top of Bike rather than sat in Bike). When I climbed back on my own Bike to ride home it instantly felt more fun and more comfortable to ride. Heres to the next 10 years, Lol.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Offline JonyB

• Street Triple Pro
  • Bike: Street Triple R 2011
  • City / Town: Wollongong
« Reply #5 on: July 29, 2019, 04:06:40 AM »
Managed to get her out for a nice enjoyable spin. It had been a while... This is without a doubt, one of those bikes with all the grunt and speed, one will ever need (in the real road world that is). It is just so nice and comfy and responsive, and simply a joyful fun riding experience.

Also have no plans to sell, and even if I sometimes think that it would be nice to move up to a Speed Triple, I wouldn't do it unless I could still afford to keep the Street. Don't care what you think, you can NEVER have too many bikes  :001: :031:
Ride to add life to your days, not days to your life.

Street Triple R 2011
ZX9R C2 (1999)
HEL || JayBee Biker Bits || STOMPGRIP || MOTUL

Offline adiepage

• Street Triple Master
  • Bike: Street Triple std.
  • City / Town: Mid Devon
« Reply #6 on: July 29, 2019, 09:03:02 AM »
*Originally Posted by JonyB [+]
Managed to get her out for a nice enjoyable spin. It had been a while... This is without a doubt, one of those bikes with all the grunt and speed, one will ever need (in the real road world that is). It is just so nice and comfy and responsive, and simply a joyful fun riding experience.

Also have no plans to sell, and even if I sometimes think that it would be nice to move up to a Speed Triple, I wouldn't do it unless I could still afford to keep the Street. Don't care what you think, you can NEVER have too many bikes  :001: :031:

AMEN to all of that!

Recent Posts/Topics

scandal-fat