Author [ES] [CA] [PL] [PT] [IT] [DE] [FR] [NL] [DK] [NO] [GR] [TR] Topic: 765rs wanted  (Read 375 times)

Offline Street675IRL

• Street Triple Pro
  • Topic Author
  • Bike: 2013 Street Triple R
  • City / Town: Waterford
765rs wanted
« on: July 10, 2019, 10:03:03 PM »
 As above I got a very good offer on my street triple r and I took it thinking ah I fancy a change anyway. Now Im in the mourning phase I sold it!! A few weeks have passed and after looking at a few bikes for example.. , 790 duke and the z900. Then I go back to drooling over the 765rs. Problem is 7k sterling is kinda my limit maybe 7500 not many low mileage minters out there for that money. Im based in Ireland and I have only ever seen 1 second rs for sale. Plus Ill have to pay for collection and vrt registration. If anyone knows of a good 765rs for with in my budget could ye let me know. Much appreciated 😊

Offline XCDC

• Street Triple Member
  • Bike: 18 765 RS
  • City / Town: Leicester
Re: 765rs wanted
« Reply #1 on: July 11, 2019, 05:42:49 AM »
There are a few around but you might need a little bit of extra cash.  They were 10,000 new so a mint low miler for 7k is an ask.  I Paid 8,500 for mine but it was fully loaded with nearly every accessory with 1900m on the clock.

Offline JonB

• Street Triple Member
  • Bike: Street Triple 765
  • City / Town: South Coast
« Reply #2 on: July 12, 2019, 12:13:39 PM »
Mine's for sale at 8000. 800 miles 2018 RS in Phantom Black.

See https://www.street-triple.co.uk/index.php/topic,33936.0.html

An extra 500 but I'm sure you'll agree it is worth it.
2018 Street Triple 765 RS

Offline Street675IRL

• Street Triple Pro
  • Topic Author
« Reply #3 on: July 13, 2019, 12:28:20 PM »
*Originally Posted by JonB [+]
Mine's for sale at 8000. 800 miles 2018 RS in Phantom Black.

See https://www.street-triple.co.uk/index.php/topic,33936.0.html

An extra 500 but I'm sure you'll agree it is worth it.

I saw your one for sale alright some bargain. Problem is in Ireland if the bike is less than 6 months old OR has less than 6000klms on it its classed as new so there for Id have to pay vat aswell as vrt... which is working out not to far of the price of a new one hear in Ireland. They are 12,750 euros new here.

Offline JonB

• Street Triple Member
  • Bike: Street Triple 765
  • City / Town: South Coast
« Reply #4 on: July 14, 2019, 07:29:56 AM »
That's a shame.

I've had no enquiries other than "why are you selling" and "I'd buy it but I need to sell mine fist".  :187:
2018 Street Triple 765 RS

Offline Street675IRL

• Street Triple Pro
  • Topic Author
« Reply #5 on: July 14, 2019, 11:05:29 AM »
*Originally Posted by JonB [+]
That's a shame.

I've had no enquiries other than "why are you selling" and "I'd buy it but I need to sell mine fist".  :187:

I thought that would have been snapped up mate its basically a brand new bike with a massive saving. Whats the second hand market like in the uk at the min? Has the whole brexit thing had an impact on it?

Offline adiepage

• Street Triple Master
  • Bike: Street Triple std.
  • City / Town: Mid Devon
« Reply #6 on: July 14, 2019, 01:08:03 PM »
*Originally Posted by Street675IRL [+]
I thought that would have been snapped up mate its basically a brand new bike with a massive saving. Whats the second hand market like in the uk at the min? Has the whole brexit thing had an impact on it?

I agree - that RS is a real bargain for the right, lucky bas.... person!  Certainly not within my budget - or portfolio - but a bloody good deal for some lucky person looking for a good bike at a great price!!

I doubt very much that Brexit can or will have any noticeable effect on the used car or bike market - if anything it might boost the low mileage, nearly new sector IF there is a material effect on import volumes but that won't be visible for some time yet.

Most people on here will already own a ST so won't necessarily be looking for one - even one as good as this.  That's not to say that it's not a good place to advertise it as you never know your luck.  Put that ad on ebay or Autotrader and I doubt the sale would not follow very quickly!  But then you'd have to put up with the timewasters, daydreamers, mouthbreathers and nosepickers that are attendant on that scenario rather than the select clientele of this august environment! :008:

Offline Bel

• Street Triple God
  • Bike: Carbonised STR
« Reply #7 on: July 14, 2019, 01:32:35 PM »
I've got a 765 R for sale  :007:  :038:
Owner of CarbonFBR, for a peek at some carbon goodness please visit www.CarbonFBR.com, FB at https://www.facebook.com/motorcyclecarbonfiber or Twitter at https://twitter.com/CarbonFBRdotcom

Offline Street675IRL

• Street Triple Pro
  • Topic Author
« Reply #8 on: July 14, 2019, 01:49:29 PM »
*Originally Posted by adiepage [+]
I agree - that RS is a real bargain for the right, lucky bas.... person!  Certainly not within my budget - or portfolio - but a bloody good deal for some lucky person looking for a good bike at a great price!!

I doubt very much that Brexit can or will have any noticeable effect on the used car or bike market - if anything it might boost the low mileage, nearly new sector IF there is a material effect on import volumes but that won't be visible for some time yet.

Most people on here will already own a ST so won't necessarily be looking for one - even one as good as this.  That's not to say that it's not a good place to advertise it as you never know your luck.  Put that ad on ebay or Autotrader and I doubt the sale would not follow very quickly!  But then you'd have to put up with the timewasters, daydreamers, mouthbreathers and nosepickers that are attendant on that scenario rather than the select clientele of this august environment! :008:

Yeah thats true.. well Im not too interested in the political front to be honest. The only plus for me at the min is the exchange rate is very good so Id like to get my hands on an rs before something happens with brexit and i mightened be able to import one 😕

Offline eastlincs89

• Bike: Street triple RS
  • City / Town: Alford
« Reply #9 on: July 14, 2019, 04:37:54 PM »
Maybe look for a R and just buy the belly pan?

Recent Posts/Topics

scandal-fat