Author [ES] [CA] [PL] [PT] [IT] [DE] [FR] [NL] [DK] [NO] [GR] [TR] Topic: Sold my RS. Six month wait for the Rocket now!  (Read 1697 times)

Offline OuzoStreet

• Street Triple God
  • Bike: Street R 2009
Re: Sold my RS. Six month wait for the Rocket now!
« Reply #10 on: July 16, 2019, 11:21:17 PM »
*Originally Posted by Obiwanandahalf [+]
Congratulations OuzoStreet. You just won Miss Congeniality. How on earth do you enjoy a bike only doing 600 miles a year?

Sent from my SM-G950F using Tapatalk

Well, personally speaking, as an evil overlord, I just face a huge wealth of time constraints every single day. To take one small issue from my overflowing plate, you just can't get the staff. For example, last Tuesday I told one of my hench people (yes, I'm a politically correct overlord) to stoke the magma chamber to make sure we had good lava flow for dispatching a spy the next day, but did they? No. So the next day, there I am, monologuing to this spook about how I'm going to lower him into a fiery pit and to my horror the darn lava has skinned over. So embarrassing. I had to lower him into the shark pool instead. But they just ignored him, didn't they? Jeff - my Great White - was still angry with me for buying a couple of hammerheads to add to the pool, and Twinkie and Beth - the hammerheads - only eat tuna on Wednesdays, apparently. Who knew? In the end Phil had to dive in, drag the spook out and shoot him instead. I hang my head in shame as I type all this. So anyway, I don't get a chance to get out on my bike as much as I would like, but there you go. Who knows what TheFrog has to deal with  :038: Maybe his Ferrari holds his attention more than the Triumph. Or his hot partner. Anyway, it definitely needs more torque in my humble opinion, just like the XSR900  :038:

Also, my mother says I'm much better  looking than Sandra Bullock, and far more congenial  :001:
« Last Edit: July 16, 2019, 11:27:06 PM by OuzoStreet »

Offline Obiwanandahalf

• Street Triple Member
« Reply #11 on: July 16, 2019, 11:38:16 PM »
*Originally Posted by OuzoStreet [+]
Well, personally speaking, as an evil overlord, I just face a huge wealth of time constraints every single day. To take one small issue from my overflowing plate, you just can't get the staff. For example, last Tuesday I told one of my hench people (yes, I'm a politically correct overlord) to stoke the magma chamber to make sure we had good lava flow for dispatching a spy the next day, but did they? No. So the next day, there I am, monologuing to this spook about how I'm going to lower him into a fiery pit and to my horror the darn lava has skinned over. So embarrassing. I had to lower him into the shark pool instead. But they just ignored him, didn't they? Jeff - my Great White - was still angry with me for buying a couple of hammerheads to add to the pool, and Twinkie and Beth - the hammerheads - only eat tuna on Wednesdays, apparently. Who knew? In the end Phil had to dive in, drag the spook out and shoot him instead. I hang my head in shame as I type all this. So anyway, I don't get a chance to get out on my bike as much as I would like, but there you go. Who knows what TheFrog has to deal with  :038: Maybe his Ferrari holds his attention more than the Triumph. Or his hot partner. Anyway, it definitely needs more torque in my humble opinion, just like the XSR900  :038:

Also, my mother says I'm much better  looking than Sandra Bullock, and far more congenial  :001:
That is the best reply I've ever seen. You are also saluted sir. Personally I think you should have lasers fitted on the sharks. It may save the smaller ones feeling left out.

Offline OuzoStreet

• Street Triple God
« Reply #12 on: July 16, 2019, 11:45:08 PM »
That is the best reply I've ever seen. You are also saluted sir. Personally I think you should have lasers fitted on the sharks. It may save the smaller ones feeling left out.

Honestly, you'd think sharks would be cool right, but they really are more trouble than they're worth.

I think I might retrain as a plumber. Everyone needs one sooner or later and you can do it anywhere in the country. I want to wotk with my hands in an honest trade. Pffft, I've wasted my life. You know, I have to rent the magma chamber? Sob, I can't even afford my own evil island. Oh the shame I've brought upon my family.

Oh, and lasers? Do you know how much energy they use? Damn Mike Myers for putting that idea in the public domain.

Offline Obiwanandahalf

• Street Triple Member
« Reply #13 on: July 17, 2019, 12:26:52 AM »
*Originally Posted by OuzoStreet [+]
Honestly, you'd think sharks would be cool right, but they really are more trouble than they're worth.

I think I might retrain as a plumber. Everyone needs one sooner or later and you can do it anywhere in the country. I want to wotk with my hands in an honest trade. Pffft, I've wasted my life. You know, I have to rent the magma chamber? Sob, I can't even afford my own evil island. Oh the shame I've brought upon my family.

Oh, and lasers? Do you know how much energy they use? Damn Mike Myers for putting that idea in the public domain.
I hate to spoil your dreams dude but I am actually a plumber. I can't tell you the amount of times I wished i had sharks with frikkin lasers.

Offline F5 Dave

• Street Triple Master
  • Bike: STR 11
  • City / Town: Wellington
« Reply #14 on: July 17, 2019, 02:11:13 AM »
Well I'm glad I clicked on this thread.  Top work guys.

Just to cheer things up a bit;

You're going to die.

Heck we're all going to die.

As you head out for a ride, if you get that unforced smile and feeling that you should do this more often. .
 Then make sure you do.   You only live once.

Actually live it.

Offline adiepage

• Street Triple Master
  • Bike: Street Triple std.
  • City / Town: Mid Devon
« Reply #15 on: July 17, 2019, 09:52:15 AM »
*Originally Posted by TheFrog [+]
After 2 years ownership, I decided the time was right to move on. I thought I would get a better price at this time of the year, and did indeed sell the bike privately for only 1000 less than I'd bought it for. I had only done 1200 miles on it, but did enjoy owning it (and looking at it in the garage) for the 2 years.

I want a bike with more low-down torque...

I'm tempted by the new 1260 Diavel, which I tried a few weeks ago and loved, but there's the new Rocket coming out after Christmas and, although it will likely be ever so slightly OTT, the idea of a 2.5 litre engine and 230Nm of torque in a bike is hard to resist.

It's going to be a long 6 months!

Keep safe, everyone  :002:

Hey The Frog!  I do hope that you're going to stick around with us - at least until you get the Rocket - and show us some pictures of the new acquisition!  The Rocket III is quite divisive isn't it, and the new version is likely to be even more so with the restyling work?   But, let's face it, it's good to be different and even better to be different on a Triumph!  And, heck yes, 230Nm of torque should satisfy anyone's thirst for adventure .........

Good luck and enjoy whatever you choose!

Regards,

Adie

Offline doolar

• Street Triple Member
  • Bike: -18 RS
  • City / Town: Limhamn
« Reply #16 on: July 17, 2019, 10:40:16 AM »
That is the best reply I've ever seen. You are also saluted sir. Personally I think you should have frikkin lasers fitted on the frikkin sharks. It may save the smaller ones feeling left out.

Fixed it for you. /Dr Evil

Offline OuzoStreet

• Street Triple God
« Reply #17 on: July 17, 2019, 08:18:51 PM »
I hate to spoil your dreams dude but I am actually a plumber. I can't tell you the amount of times I wished i had sharks with frikkin lasers.

Belly laugh  :002:

Offline doggy

• Street Triple God
  • Bike: 765 RS + Monster796
  • City / Town: Kent
« Reply #18 on: July 18, 2019, 08:57:35 PM »
Congratulations OuzoStreet. You just won Miss Congeniality. How on earth do you enjoy a bike only doing 600 miles a year?

He may have more than one bike and the RS was he's least popular.....

Offline itollemache

• Street Triple Master
  • Bike: 2010 Striple R
  • City / Town: Auckland
« Reply #19 on: July 18, 2019, 09:06:11 PM »
I have nothing to add to the conversation, but just want to say this is the most entertaining thread I have read in ages.
 :008: :008:
Absolutely love the Evil Overlord dialogue
 :037: :037:

Oh and BTW I have worked with lasers quite a bit: very impractical weapons as you need a really long power cord...

Now a Death Star on the other hand...
« Last Edit: July 18, 2019, 09:08:16 PM by itollemache »

Recent Posts/Topics

scandal-fat