Author [ES] [CA] [PL] [PT] [IT] [DE] [FR] [NL] [DK] [NO] [GR] [TR] Topic: Sold my RS. Six month wait for the Rocket now!  (Read 1235 times)

bryspky and 9 Guests are viewing this topic.

Offline F5 Dave

• Street Triple Master
  • Bike: STR 11
  • City / Town: Wellington
Re: Sold my RS. Six month wait for the Rocket now!
« Reply #20 on: July 19, 2019, 02:01:17 AM »
I'm a bit uncertain of the Death Star.  I mean at the start it seemed to be pretty stationary.  I mean it had to wait for orbit to get it in clear sight if its target.  Next time it has freaking hyperdrive.

So it's pretty big yeah?  It's made out of Stuff.  Where did this Stuff come from?  Surely you'd make it next to an enormous factory planet rather than ferry bits to the middle of nowhere?

I guess there will be a dozen geek websites that have canvassed this but I'm afraid to have that on my search history.   
Dont want to look like a dweeb in front of Google.  He knows everything.

Offline adiepage

• Street Triple Master
  • Bike: Street Triple std.
  • City / Town: Mid Devon
« Reply #21 on: July 19, 2019, 06:23:37 AM »
*Originally Posted by F5 Dave [+]
I'm a bit uncertain of the Death Star.  I mean at the start it seemed to be pretty stationary.  I mean it had to wait for orbit to get it in clear sight if its target.  Next time it has freaking hyperdrive.

So it's pretty big yeah?  It's made out of Stuff.  Where did this Stuff come from?  Surely you'd make it next to an enormous factory planet rather than ferry bits to the middle of nowhere?

I guess there will be a dozen geek websites that have canvassed this but I'm afraid to have that on my search history.   
Dont want to look like a dweeb in front of Google.  He knows everything.

Surely Google's a "she" ..... for the very reason you state ..... she knows everything?  :007:

Just kidding ladies - no misogyny implied or intended. 

p.s. Dave, I agree about the Death Star.

Offline OuzoStreet

• Street Triple Master
  • Bike: Street R 2009
« Reply #22 on: July 19, 2019, 09:45:53 PM »
*Originally Posted by itollemache [+]

Oh and BTW I have worked with lasers quite a bit: very impractical weapons as you need a really long power cord...

Tell me about it. Jeff would chew through the cable, Twinkie would get tangled in it and Beth was actually afraid of it.

Do you know how many henchpersons you need to run a death star? Try doing that rota and factoring in paternity/maternity leave...

Offline hotmetal

• Street Triple God
  • Bike: Street Triple R 2009
  • City / Town: Thames Valley
« Reply #23 on: July 19, 2019, 10:53:43 PM »
Well it's high time we had an utterly non sequitur but thoroughly creative thread on here! Carry on along those lines hench people. Or I'll see that you get a drink muahahaha! (with apologies to Ian Fleming)

Back OT, the old Rocket Vs new Rocket reminds me strongly of Yamaha's Vmax Vs new Vmax. If only I had "one billion dollars" and a layzurrrr I'd have both of those in my volcano, and a team of hand picked experts to help me find somewhere on my evil island base to actually ride it....

____
Matt Graphite STR 2009 - future classic!
Panto season again...He's behind you! ... Oh no he isn't!
_________
Play nicely!
Bikes I've had:
Vespa 150 Super, GPz500s, FZR600R, ZX6R, FZS1000 (x2), 2009 Matt Graphite STR
and some pedally ones as well!

Offline OuzoStreet

• Street Triple Master
« Reply #24 on: July 19, 2019, 10:57:47 PM »
I've already built my post-lottery win house in my head and it has one whole wing with room for about fifty bikes in. I'd have all sorts. Obviously then I'd save the world somehow, but firstly I'd buy the bikes. Ahem.

Offline hotmetal

• Street Triple God
« Reply #25 on: July 20, 2019, 12:24:43 AM »
Hahaha yeah totally!
Wish list:
All those bikes I always fancied
Time to ride them
World peace

____
_________
Play nicely!
Bikes I've had:

Offline adiepage

• Street Triple Master
  • Bike: Street Triple std.
  • City / Town: Mid Devon
« Reply #26 on: July 20, 2019, 09:08:47 AM »
*Originally Posted by hotmetal [+]
Hahaha yeah totally!
Wish list:
All those bikes I always fancied
Time to ride them
World peace

____

You omitted an end to modern slavery - or is that a natural consequence of wish no. 3?

Offline hotmetal

• Street Triple God
« Reply #27 on: July 20, 2019, 09:13:58 AM »
Er, yeah. World peace, and a happy life for everyone who isn't eee-villll. Not too much to ask surely? Now where did I leave my white long haired cat and layyyzurrr?

_______
The only V8 I'm likely to own comes in one litre tetrapaks and tastes like celery.

_________
Play nicely!
Bikes I've had:

Offline Fagan

• Street Triple Member
  • Bike: '14 STR
« Reply #28 on: August 12, 2019, 10:17:22 PM »
*Originally Posted by OuzoStreet [+]
Well, personally speaking, as an evil overlord, I just face a huge wealth of time constraints every single day. To take one small issue from my overflowing plate, you just can't get the staff. For example, last Tuesday I told one of my hench people (yes, I'm a politically correct overlord) to stoke the magma chamber to make sure we had good lava flow for dispatching a spy the next day, but did they? No. So the next day, there I am, monologuing to this spook about how I'm going to lower him into a fiery pit and to my horror the darn lava has skinned over. So embarrassing. I had to lower him into the shark pool instead. But they just ignored him, didn't they? Jeff - my Great White - was still angry with me for buying a couple of hammerheads to add to the pool, and Twinkie and Beth - the hammerheads - only eat tuna on Wednesdays, apparently. Who knew? In the end Phil had to dive in, drag the spook out and shoot him instead. I hang my head in shame as I type all this. So anyway, I don't get a chance to get out on my bike as much as I would like, but there you go. Who knows what TheFrog has to deal with  :038: Maybe his Ferrari holds his attention more than the Triumph. Or his hot partner. Anyway, it definitely needs more torque in my humble opinion, just like the XSR900  :038:

Also, my mother says I'm much better  looking than Sandra Bullock, and far more congenial  :001:

:008: :008: :008:

Offline OuzoStreet

• Street Triple Master
« Reply #29 on: August 12, 2019, 10:26:20 PM »
What does TheFrog think of the two new Rockets? I think they look like quite a hoot.

Recent Posts/Topics