Author [ES] [CA] [PL] [PT] [IT] [DE] [FR] [NL] [DK] [NO] [GR] [TR] Topic: MCE Insurance  (Read 488 times)

Offline Tiger t

• Street Triple Pro
  • Topic Author
  • Bike: 2015 street triple
  • City / Town: Tunbridge wells
MCE Insurance
« on: July 17, 2019, 05:03:32 PM »
Has anyone used MCE insurance. Ive been with Carole Nash for years, but my renewal this year has suddenly risen by 70% for some reason. I havent made any claims and no points on my licence.
Ive looked on line and MCE are much cheaper, so if I get some good feedback, then Ill go with them

Offline TripleJimmy

• Street Triple Member
Re: MCE Insurance
« Reply #1 on: July 17, 2019, 06:03:54 PM »
Everything I have seen indicates they are fine until you need to make a claim and then they are a bit of a nightmare. No personal experience though.

Have you tried bemoto? Really good and I found them very competitive.

Sent from my SM-G935F using Tapatalk

Offline runningman

• Street Triple Pro
« Reply #2 on: July 17, 2019, 06:44:02 PM »
No one seems to have had a good experience with MCE on other bike forums. Think most people use them as a last resort.

Sent from my SM-T715 using Tapatalk

Offline James13

• Street Triple Pro
  • Bike: 765rs
  • City / Town: Worcester
« Reply #3 on: July 17, 2019, 07:36:38 PM »
I am with them ,they are crap ,takes ages on hold to get through to them ,I was with devitt before for 6 years then they tried to stiff me with a ridiculous quote ,and I live in the sticks ,25 yrs no claims on fast bikes ,acu etc etc so went to mce ,been with them 1.5 yrs but will change next time ,but who to ?? Who knows ??, I rate customer service higher than having to wait 20 mins to talk to someone ,on my car and van I've been with a plan for 12 years ,1 claim no issues always answer the phone no hassle ,find me a bike one like that and I'm happy

Offline Tiger t

• Street Triple Pro
  • Topic Author
« Reply #4 on: July 17, 2019, 07:43:01 PM »
Thanks lads, Ill give them a miss. Im really pissed off with Carole Nash, Ive been with them for years and never had any problem. Same thing happened with my car insurance with Churchill, I was with them for years and then they quoted a ridiculous price so I went elsewhere and then the next year I got in touch with Churchill and the price came down again.

Offline Poke

• Street Triple Member
  • Bike: Street R
« Reply #5 on: July 17, 2019, 08:39:34 PM »
Simples. Just go on a comparison site and you'll get a decent quote from CN  :028:

Offline Tiger t

• Street Triple Pro
  • Topic Author
« Reply #6 on: July 17, 2019, 08:44:19 PM »
Ive done that, but Im not familiar with the companies that come up, thats why Im asking for advice.

Offline Stevie

• Street Triple Pro
  • Bike: Street triple r
  • City / Town: Newcastle
« Reply #7 on: July 18, 2019, 09:15:07 AM »
I've been with MCE for 6 years simply because they are cheeper than everyone else. I've never had to claim for anything in the past and I pay yearly on line with them so I've never even spoke to them ever. I know the cheapest is not the best but I've saved a fortune over the years going off some of the quotes I've had. Let's hope my luck continues, by the way I think they are all out to rob you blind.

Offline shaun

• Street Triple God
« Reply #8 on: July 18, 2019, 03:36:40 PM »
I moved from Carole Nash to bemoto with no regrets.

Offline dunf

• Street Triple Member
  • dunf
  • Bike: 765R
  • City / Town: Fife
« Reply #9 on: July 19, 2019, 08:54:26 AM »
Was with CN for years. Same thing, huge increase for no reason 2 years ago. Now I have 4 bikes insured with be-moto since then. Same price as CN used to be but better cover and better service. Also no issue whatsoever with a few modifications on bikes.

Recent Posts/Topics

scandal-fat