Author [ES] [CA] [PL] [PT] [IT] [DE] [FR] [NL] [DK] [NO] [GR] [TR] Topic: striple for racing  (Read 1553 times)

Offline OuzoStreet

• Street Triple Master
  • Bike: Street R 2009
Re: striple for racing
« Reply #10 on: July 23, 2019, 01:05:28 PM »
Nose cone, instrument support bracket and RAM air tube: This weighs 950g.

Also, the seat support base that bolts to the subframe. This weighs 250g.

Plus the seat itself which weighs 350g

All in the total weight is approximately 3,600g. 200g less if you don't want or need the bolts and brackets (the latter look the same as for the road going belly pan).
« Last Edit: July 23, 2019, 01:11:53 PM by OuzoStreet »

Offline OuzoStreet

• Street Triple Master
« Reply #11 on: July 23, 2019, 01:16:18 PM »
And the seat itself: 350g. The foam is damaged on the left and is lifting off the base on both the left and the right.

If you want to go ahead I'll find a box to fit it all in and take it to my local post office to see how much it will cost. If you send me a private message with your zip code and town (or whatever I'll need to gauge the cost) that would be great. Presumably I will need to declare a value at the time of posting for both insurance and customs purposes. If you include some guidance on value from your perspective in your message that would be great.

Offline riversbikes

• Street Triple Member
  • Topic Author
  • Bike: striple 675 2010
  • City / Town: brandon
« Reply #12 on: July 27, 2019, 02:18:34 PM »
Hey all -- thanks again to everyone for helping out with the project... I plan to either re-start our school blog to keep track, or use facebook.  Parents of the kids might prefer the blog as it's a bit better controlled... posting pics with students in it straight to this forum would be a no-no.  Bodywork is on its way here!

I also got a set of Daytona forks from 2014 for a good price -- based on the advice here, it was indicated that these would fit the triples.  I'm keeping an eye out for R6 calipers.

In an interesting quandry re jetting -- we finally have a triumph dealing back in my province (Winnipeg) after a 2-3 year absence (2 hours from me).  After calling, I am still not sure/confident they know what they are doing (they've never carried Triumphs before and seemed a bit unsure when I talked to him about loading maps)... whereas a shop in Saskatoon (7 hours west) do know what they are doing and it "might" mean a trip there to get the Arrow lowboy map installed.  I will likely fit the exhaust myself at the end of the season, as I'm custom fitting some parts and will likely need some exhaust spring mounts welded on.  Luckily I know a welding guru who does lovely work with the tig torch and I am confident it will turn out well.  I know the Tune ECU is another possibility, but I still haven't seen an "idiot proof" tutorial on how to do it.  I have no issues ripping apart carbs for maintenance, but this whole laptop thing is witchcraft.

Offline OuzoStreet

• Street Triple Master
« Reply #13 on: July 27, 2019, 02:35:45 PM »
I'm so nervous about the parcel arriving! Fingers crossed nothing gets crushed and it doesn't get returned to the UK for some reason  :002:

I've used the android Tune ECU app on my phone quite a bit. Reading the map that's in the ECU, backing it up and loading a new map on the ECU is fairly easy.

As you're using Arrow headers I guess you could start by loading the newest map for the Arrow lowboy system and then see how it runs. In theory you can also modify the map on your phone/tablet, but I've never gone this far. It's also possible and very easy to disable the secondary air induction or O2 sensor as well. I've also used it to synchronise the throttle bodies. Over time the developer has enabled more and more information to be shown on screen from the various sensors sending information to the OBDII port (real time fuel trim, voltage of O2 sensor etc). In truth other general OBDII apps like Torque were always able to read this information, but it's nice to have it all in Tune ECU.

I'm honestly not surprised your dealer doesn't know about Tune ECU. Mine didn't when I enquired a few years ago. They don't seem to know about modifying maps either. I guess they just use the dealer tool to load the stock range of Triumph maps that they're given, which is fair enough. But then they also didn't know about things like the change in the length of the oil dipstick (got shorter so you have more oil in the engine) or the new detent spring in the gearbox in 2012 to improve the gearchange.... I guess there's only so much they can absorb when they have a whole range of Triumphs to look after.

Congrats on finding 2014 forms for a good price  :002:

Offline tim.8061

• Street Triple God
  • Bike: Street Triple 09
  • City / Town: Gloucester
« Reply #14 on: July 27, 2019, 08:40:41 PM »
*Originally Posted by riversbikes [+]
I know the Tune ECU is another possibility, but I still haven't seen an "idiot proof" tutorial on how to do it.  I have no issues ripping apart carbs for maintenance, but this whole laptop thing is witchcraft.

I really don't think you can go wrong with Tuneecu. Once you get it to connect the rest is simple, and then you can experiment with the different custom maps on their site. Plenty of idiot proof tutorials if you search. The main thing is either connect a charger or disconnect the headlights so the battery doesn't go flat mid download.

Offline riversbikes

• Street Triple Member
  • Topic Author
« Reply #15 on: July 28, 2019, 02:18:46 PM »
Well, I did find a good youtube tutorial... so I think I will give it a go.  I've also got connected to the facebook page, so next step is to buy the OBD cable (the "proper" one from the UK) and go with it.

Offline OuzoStreet

• Street Triple Master
« Reply #16 on: July 28, 2019, 06:49:48 PM »
Well, I did find a good youtube tutorial... so I think I will give it a go.  I've also got connected to the facebook page, so next step is to buy the OBD cable (the "proper" one from the UK) and go with it.

I'm using the "Lonelec" cable one which also comes with a USB OTG adapter for phone use  :002:

The only time I made a mistake in Tune ECU was when I altered a parameter in the map and then forgot to flash the modified map back to the ECU. I remembered very quickly!

Offline tim.8061

• Street Triple God
  • Bike: Street Triple 09
  • City / Town: Gloucester
« Reply #17 on: July 28, 2019, 08:52:39 PM »

You can eliminate the O2 sensor and SAI injector as you're racing it.

Offline adiepage

• Street Triple Master
  • Bike: Street Triple std.
  • City / Town: Mid Devon
« Reply #18 on: July 29, 2019, 09:20:18 AM »
Hey all -- thanks again to everyone for helping out with the project... I plan to either re-start our school blog to keep track, or use facebook.  Parents of the kids might prefer the blog as it's a bit better controlled... posting pics with students in it straight to this forum would be a no-no.  Bodywork is on its way here!

For those of us - OH ALLRIGHT ... ME - of a certain age and disposition who don't use bacefook, twotter, snapdragon et al., maybe you'd consider posting pics on here of the machine's progress.  We don't need the faces or forms of your students but I, for one, would LOVE to see the progress on the machine!  :440:

Offline riversbikes

• Street Triple Member
  • Topic Author
« Reply #19 on: July 29, 2019, 01:22:19 PM »
Will do.  My arrow header has provision to thread in the OEM O2 sensor, but I see you can buy an O2 plug/dongle to fool the O2 sensor... would I do that once I've installed the correct Tune ECU map?

Recent Posts/Topics

scandal-fat