Author [ES] [CA] [PL] [PT] [IT] [DE] [FR] [NL] [DK] [NO] [GR] [TR] Topic: striple for racing  (Read 1556 times)

Offline OuzoStreet

• Street Triple Master
  • Bike: Street R 2009
Re: striple for racing
« Reply #20 on: July 29, 2019, 07:14:52 PM »
*Originally Posted by riversbikes [+]
Will do.  My arrow header has provision to thread in the OEM O2 sensor, but I see you can buy an O2 plug/dongle to fool the O2 sensor... would I do that once I've installed the correct Tune ECU map?

You have two routes to eliminate the O2 sensor.

First, remove it and plug the hole in the exhaust, then either a) plug an O2 eliminator into the loom in place of the O2 sensor, thus fooling the ECU into thinking it's there when it is not (mwooooahahaha), or b) read the map installed your ECU using Tune ECU, untick the O2 sensor in the app, then flash the map back to the ECU.

I don't think you need to do both A and B, but I'm sure if I'm wrong someone will jump in and correct me.

Offline tim.8061

• Street Triple God
  • Bike: Street Triple 09
  • City / Town: Gloucester
« Reply #21 on: July 29, 2019, 07:30:43 PM »
You can eliminate it on Tuneecu so the ECU doesn't look for it (think it's a tick box), then just leave the lead dangling and blank the hole with a short bolt.

Offline OuzoStreet

• Street Triple Master
« Reply #22 on: July 29, 2019, 08:54:05 PM »
Here you go:

When you start the Android app the first screen gives you an overview called "Dashboard". If you swipe from right to left, you get to the "Adjustments screen" where you can see the vacuum for each cylinder. If, instead, you swipe from left to right you see the map screen (this can be displayed as numerical values or a graph).

Anyway, from the map screen tap "Map", then "Parameters", then "Devices" and you will see a list of, um, devices, like the O2 sensor and SAI. Deselect the O2 sensor then flash the map back to the ECU.

I took the screenshots without my phone connected to my bike, and obviously I haven't discussed the process of connecting the app to the bike's ECU and reading the map, but it's fairly straightforward.

Online riversbikes

• Street Triple Member
  • Topic Author
  • Bike: striple 675 2010
  • City / Town: brandon
« Reply #23 on: July 30, 2019, 12:59:20 PM »
I have an (outdated) iPhone so will likely be using a laptop when it comes time to download the correct tuneECU map.  Maybe the kids can help!

I other news, the fairings showed up already (thanks Ouzo!) and look to be in very good shape.  I'll keep my eyes open for good deals on R6 calipers, but all those posted on the bay of E seem to be around the same price point.  I appreciate the earlier tip on the oil cooler... I make that a priority, along with some crash protection.

The striples' last days as a streetbike will likely see a trackday, and then a tour with buddies down to the Black Hill in August.  It's been a fantastic machine, and hence the idea to put it on the track...

Offline OuzoStreet

• Street Triple Master
« Reply #24 on: July 30, 2019, 01:07:08 PM »
I have an (outdated) iPhone so will likely be using a laptop when it comes time to download the correct tuneECU map.  Maybe the kids can help!

I other news, the fairings showed up already (thanks Ouzo!) and look to be in very good shape.  I'll keep my eyes open for good deals on R6 calipers, but all those posted on the bay of E seem to be around the same price point.  I appreciate the earlier tip on the oil cooler... I make that a priority, along with some crash protection.

The striples' last days as a streetbike will likely see a trackday, and then a tour with buddies down to the Black Hill in August.  It's been a fantastic machine, and hence the idea to put it on the track...

Wow, the fairings arrived already! I'd been expecting a call from the courier to arrange delivery. Lol. And phew, that's great news! Thanks for letting us know  :002:. Hope there's no hidden damage and that I remembered to pack everything. I'll post something in Jimmy Triple's thread later on when I make the donation to Cancer Research UK. I'm so pleased!

Have fun on the last track day and ride out. I'd love to do a track day on mine but I'm not sure my body will let me. I just know mine would be great fun on the little Brands Hatch Indy circuit. Yours will be utterly fantastic once you've got into track trim. You'll be embarrassing much newer and 'better' bikes I'm sure :002:.

Offline OuzoStreet

• Street Triple Master
« Reply #25 on: July 30, 2019, 03:45:59 PM »
Just made the donation for 100. Thanks Rivers  :002:

I've posted a screenshot of the receipt here:

https://www.street-triple.co.uk/index.php?topic=33582.new#new

« Last Edit: July 30, 2019, 03:51:18 PM by OuzoStreet »

Offline tim.8061

• Street Triple God
  • Bike: Street Triple 09
  • City / Town: Gloucester
« Reply #26 on: July 30, 2019, 07:33:32 PM »
I appreciate the earlier tip on the oil cooler... I make that a priority, along with some crash protection.

I missed that one and can't see anything after rereading the thread .  . What tip?

Offline OuzoStreet

• Street Triple Master
« Reply #27 on: July 30, 2019, 07:36:41 PM »
*Originally Posted by tim.8061 [+]
I missed that one and can't see anything after rereading the thread .  . What tip?

I'm guessing it concerns changing the stock heat exchanger/oil cooler to a billet one from Triumph Race Support. For track use at any rate.

Online riversbikes

• Street Triple Member
  • Topic Author
  • Bike: striple 675 2010
  • City / Town: brandon
« Reply #28 on: July 30, 2019, 07:47:12 PM »
That's exactly what I meant... will order from them in the fall.  What has happened to the value of the pound since Donal -- oops I mean Boris has come to power?  Us Canucks are having our own election in the fall...

Offline OuzoStreet

• Street Triple Master
« Reply #29 on: July 30, 2019, 07:51:49 PM »
That's exactly what I meant... will order from them in the fall.  What has happened to the value of the pound since Donal -- oops I mean Boris has come to power?  Us Canucks are having our own election in the fall...

Brilliant! Dangerous ground for some I dare say, but personally you made me laugh out loud.

From a practical point of view now might be a good time to order. It's possible Sterling might recover at least a little before the exit date. Of course, if no deal is struck before exit Sterling will fall further so waiting might pay off even further, but at the moment you are DEFINITELY getting a good exchange rate, if you see what I mean.

Recent Posts/Topics

scandal-fat