Author [ES] [CA] [PL] [PT] [IT] [DE] [FR] [NL] [DK] [NO] [GR] [TR] Topic: Metzeler M7RR  (Read 1056 times)

Offline kevin

• Topic Author
Metzeler M7RR
« on: August 04, 2019, 11:41:28 AM »
 Looking to buy a pair of M7RR for my street 675 R Prices vary best I can find at present is 222.99 delivered anyone know of any better deals around ?

Offline Tomspurs

• Street Triple God
  • 09 ST, CRF230F, DT175MX, DT175C, PE175Z, IT175J
  • Bike: 09 Hinkley ST
  • City / Town: Wallington
Re: Metzeler M7RR
« Reply #1 on: August 04, 2019, 12:35:56 PM »
Try your local tyre shop..they may fit as well at that price...where abouts are you ?  :027:
Parc Ferme - Car Park Ross

Offline OuzoStreet

• Street Triple God
  • Bike: Street R 2009
« Reply #2 on: August 04, 2019, 03:19:51 PM »
*Originally Posted by kevin [+]
Looking to buy a pair of M7RR for my street 675 R Prices vary best I can find at present is 222.99 delivered anyone know of any better deals around ?

That's depressing. When I bought my first pair they were 169.99 including delivery (from France to the UK).

Offline kevin

• Topic Author
« Reply #3 on: August 04, 2019, 04:53:52 PM »
located in Kings Lynn Norfolk no bike shops worth mentioning in my area

Offline adiepage

• Street Triple Master
  • Bike: Street Triple std.
  • City / Town: Mid Devon
« Reply #4 on: August 04, 2019, 06:27:28 PM »
*Originally Posted by kevin [+]

Hmmmm ...... I was doing quite a lot of tyre price comparisons earlier this year and found Sticky Stuff Tyres (Telford) to be about the keenest prices around - and willing to knock a few pounds off to secure a deal - but I've just checked the Metz's on their site and they're more expensive than the 223 that you've been quoted!

Have you thought about an alternative?   I am, I'll readily admit, a bit of a flag waver for Avons ..... and not JUST because they're made in the West Country.  I do actually think they are great tyres - good grip, good wear and a great deal .... at ST sizes the Storm 3D X-M's are 159.60/pair from Wheelhouse Tyres (Birmingham) but I don't know if that includes delivery.  At that price it wouldn't be too much of a risk to experiment and try them for a season.   

A saving of more than 60 is a fairly good reason in itself and I know a number of riders who have been impressed with the switch.   Worth a try?

Edit and update :-  I just checked Sticky Stuff for the Avon 3D X-Ms (I got two pairs from them earlier this year) and they have a pair deal at 152.90 so you could be saving 70 not 60.   (Insert here your favourite money saving slogan .... Every little helps.  Save money, live better.  Live well for less.  Ride smarter spend less.  Yeah, OK, I made that last one up ... but ya never know!)  :008:
« Last Edit: August 04, 2019, 06:44:33 PM by adiepage »

Offline Red

• Street Triple God
  • Carpe diem (na Kaapstad en terug)
« Reply #5 on: August 12, 2019, 08:00:43 PM »
So they are good in wet and dry, warm up well and a good sporty tyre rather than sports tourer

Who uses them for winter riding?

Thanks

:305: :305: :305:
"Not just today"
"Vos es meus optimus amicus"
"We can't change the weather, only enjoy the challenges it brings."
"When the road gets rough, who needs tarmac? ;-)  X"
"Team Red Tours are go!"
"O" roads for the adventure
"Being quick is not about going fast,its about being slower less often"

Offline kevin

• Topic Author
« Reply #6 on: August 12, 2019, 08:32:25 PM »
Unable to give any advice on the M7RR, tyres are here and will be fitted next week ready for a trip to the Manx GP

Offline OuzoStreet

• Street Triple God
« Reply #7 on: August 12, 2019, 09:29:32 PM »
*Originally Posted by Red [+]
So they are good in wet and dry, warm up well and a good sporty tyre rather than sports tourer

Who uses them for winter riding?

Thanks

:305: :305: :305:

They don't appear to need to warm up...at all...it's weird. When MCN blind tested them and a bunch of other tyres I think the rider was getting their knee down on the first corner out of the pits. They're great, but I think they're a bit sensitive to wear, especially the front (my old Metzler Rennsports were the same). As my first pair only cost 170 I really can't complain. Can't comment on wet weather performance.

Offline Red

• Street Triple God
  • Carpe diem (na Kaapstad en terug)
« Reply #8 on: August 13, 2019, 09:21:31 AM »
It not so much warming up  it's using them in cold conditions is what I and trying to find out.
"Not just today"
"Vos es meus optimus amicus"
"We can't change the weather, only enjoy the challenges it brings."
"When the road gets rough, who needs tarmac? ;-)  X"
"Team Red Tours are go!"
"O" roads for the adventure
"Being quick is not about going fast,its about being slower less often"

Offline OuzoStreet

• Street Triple God
« Reply #9 on: August 13, 2019, 09:40:52 AM »
*Originally Posted by Red [+]
It not so much warming up  it's using them in cold conditions is what I and trying to find out.

On cold dry mornings they don't feel any different to a warm day, but I should stress I don't ride every day any more and I also don't push it in the cold or damp at all. Before this bike I also only used Supercorsas for years and years, so compared to them I suppose most modern tyres would feel better when cold  :038: What I can say is they are significantly better than the stock Dunlop Qualifiers which I absolutely hated.

Recent Posts/Topics

scandal-fat