Author [ES] [CA] [PL] [PT] [IT] [DE] [FR] [NL] [DK] [NO] [GR] [TR] Topic: Metzeler M7RR  (Read 1052 times)

Offline RedBikeAgain3

• Street Triple Master
  • Bike: 2015 ST ABS noneR
  • City / Town: Lincoln
Re: Metzeler M7RR
« Reply #10 on: August 13, 2019, 10:29:43 PM »
*Originally Posted by Red [+]
It not so much warming up  it's using them in cold conditions is what I and trying to find out.
If were talking about Metz M7RRs here still, I used them through the winter and they felt planted. As discussed fast warm up.
I do dial it back a bit in the cold / wet but you can still get to pace to raise a smile. This past winter I got heated gloves and vest and I often forgot how cold it was and pressed on some more and tyres were fine. Talking mid single figures temperature

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Yam DT80, Honda CB250RS, Yam XJ650, Suzuki X7, Kawa GPz500, Honda CB-1 (400), Yam FZS600 and now ... ST

Offline Red

• Street Triple God
  • Carpe diem (na Kaapstad en terug)
« Reply #11 on: August 14, 2019, 07:20:27 PM »
Cheers, sounds like they may be fit for winter use.

I am toying with either these or T31 which are a bit cheaper.

I usually go for roadsmart 3, but the price has rocketed and now even more than Road5

Cheers

:305: :305: :305:
"Not just today"
"Vos es meus optimus amicus"
"We can't change the weather, only enjoy the challenges it brings."
"When the road gets rough, who needs tarmac? ;-)  X"
"Team Red Tours are go!"
"O" roads for the adventure
"Being quick is not about going fast,its about being slower less often"

Offline RedBikeAgain3

• Street Triple Master
  • Bike: 2015 ST ABS noneR
  • City / Town: Lincoln
« Reply #12 on: August 15, 2019, 08:58:50 AM »
*Originally Posted by OuzoStreet [+]
They don't appear to need to warm up...at all...it's weird. When MCN blind tested them and a bunch of other tyres I think the rider was getting their knee down on the first corner out of the pits. They're great, but I think they're a bit sensitive to wear, especially the front (my old Metzler Rennsports were the same). As my first pair only cost 170 I really can't complain. Can't comment on wet weather performance.
Id agree with Mr Ouzo on the front wear sensitivity. Got 7k out of a rear and thought Id get more from the front but changed it at 8k even with reasonable tread depth left. The front profile had gone a bit 20 pence piece, ie warn more mid way between centre and edge than centre. The bike was a bit vague, not coming back up the vertical smoothly exiting corners. Once changed it was back to glorious predictability

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Yam DT80, Honda CB250RS, Yam XJ650, Suzuki X7, Kawa GPz500, Honda CB-1 (400), Yam FZS600 and now ... ST

Offline OuzoStreet

• Street Triple God
  • Bike: Street R 2009
« Reply #13 on: August 15, 2019, 09:19:59 AM »
I guess on the continent (Germany?) they have to change the tyres with much more tread left on them (3 mm?) so my thoughts are that perhaps the tyres are designed around that sort of life span. As an aside, this does mean you can buy part worn tyres online. I bought a front M7rr with 3.25mm on the centre for about 20 if my memory serves me correctly.

Recent Posts/Topics