Author [ES] [CA] [PL] [PT] [IT] [DE] [FR] [NL] [DK] [NO] [GR] [TR] Topic: newbie hello  (Read 439 times)

0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic.

Offline nomad

  • Newbie
  • *
  • Topic Author
  • Posts: 4
  • Bike: street triple 675
  • City / Town: Bromsgrove
  • Country: England
newbie hello
« on: September 06, 2019, 01:20:01 PM »
Hi i'm a newbie on here. I come from Bromsgrove in Worcestershire in England. I ride a 2015 street triple 675 in diablo red. As a woman rider I sometimes get snubbed although I have been riding for 30 plus years so am keen to talk to like minded people and share experiences and have a laugh. :002:

Online Ace101

  • Street Triple Member
  • **
  • Posts: 13
  • Bike: 2017 - 765 RS
  • City / Town: Gatwick
  • Country: United Kingdom
Re: newbie hello
« Reply #1 on: September 06, 2019, 01:29:54 PM »
 :401: To the sight Nomad...
2017 Triumph Street Triple 765 RS - West Sussex

Offline OuzoStreet

  • Street Triple Master
  • ****
  • Posts: 953
  • Bike: Street R 2009
  • Country: UK
Re: newbie hello
« Reply #2 on: September 06, 2019, 05:09:26 PM »
If it helps, I look about twelve years old, have also been riding for thirty years and have also been snubbed looooooads, so I sort of feel your frustration (from a 'man who looks like a boy' point of view). I think. I hesitate as I type that in case it doesn't make any sense whatsoever! Hopefully beelady will see this and rescue me....any time now....come on bee.....

Hope you enjoy the forum and that you like the Street. Have you had it long?

Offline RedBikeAgain3

  • Street Triple Master
  • ****
  • Posts: 310
  • Bike: 2015 ST ABS noneR
  • City / Town: Lincoln
  • Country: United Kingdom
Re: newbie hello
« Reply #3 on: September 06, 2019, 05:41:06 PM »
Nomad, how could anyone snub you now that you have the definitive Street. I may be a touch biased.
Welcome to a great forum. No snubbing on here, just lots of info and banter.



Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
Yam DT80, Honda CB250RS, Yam XJ650, Suzuki X7, Kawa GPz500, Honda CB-1 (400), Yam FZS600 and now ... ST

Offline adiepage

  • Street Triple Master
  • ****
  • Posts: 837
  • Bike: Street Triple std.
  • City / Town: Mid Devon
  • Country: England
Re: newbie hello
« Reply #4 on: September 07, 2019, 08:13:02 AM »
*Originally Posted by nomad [+]
Hi i'm a newbie on here. I come from Bromsgrove in Worcestershire in England. I ride a 2015 street triple 675 in diablo red. As a woman rider I sometimes get snubbed although I have been riding for 30 plus years so am keen to talk to like minded people and share experiences and have a laugh. :002:

Hey Nomad.  Hello, good morning and a very warm  :401: to the net's best for all things Street Triple.

I'm really surprised to hear that you've experienced some unseemly behaviour as a result of your gender.  In my experience bikers are bikers first and every other human classification, condidition or quality is entirely subsidiary if it's considered at all.   Mind you, all bets are off if you're a member of a 'patch club'!   :001:  I expect that, with 30 and some years riding you've learned to ignore the ignorance ..... and the ignorant?

There's unlikely to be any snubbing on here and there is a very broad range of ownership, riding, maintaining and modifying experience in the membership so draw up a seat, boot up the laptop, sit back and enjoy the ride!

BTW my wife rides a 2009 ST but it's white ...... and you and I know that red is, of course, the faster colour!  :007:

Regards,

Adie

Offline nomad

  • Newbie
  • *
  • Topic Author
  • Posts: 4
  • Bike: street triple 675
  • City / Town: Bromsgrove
  • Country: England
Re: newbie hello
« Reply #5 on: September 09, 2019, 12:55:20 PM »
 :018: :018:Thanks guys for all your positive comments and all your warm welcoming words. I do ignore the gender snubbing and its nice to know i'm in a group now of like minded people. I've not had my st very long so am still bonding with it. Finding out its little quirks and getting to enjoy it. I can't wait to get to know you guys and have some good natterings. :038: :038:

Offline OuzoStreet

  • Street Triple Master
  • ****
  • Posts: 953
  • Bike: Street R 2009
  • Country: UK
Re: newbie hello
« Reply #6 on: September 10, 2019, 03:02:21 PM »
*Originally Posted by nomad [+]
:018: :018:Thanks guys for all your positive comments and all your warm welcoming words. I do ignore the gender snubbing and its nice to know i'm in a group now of like minded people. I've not had my st very long so am still bonding with it. Finding out its little quirks and getting to enjoy it. I can't wait to get to know you guys and have some good natterings. :038: :038:

The good thing about the Street Triple is that it genuinely seems to appeal to loads of different people on here. Some have come from much bigger bikes (some still have bigger bikes at the same time) but it really seems to get under people's skin. I'm sure there are people out there that think of the Speed Triple as the "man's" bike and turn their nose up at it, but the Street is such a good all rounder, with such a fab engine and feel to it that it's hard not to like it. When I bought mine I wasn't sure if I would like going 'backwards' to a smaller, less powerful, less sporty bike, so I opted to buy a secondhand one, but it has made me smile from day one - something I'd lost from bigger bikes (due to pain whilst riding and congested roads etc). I'm glad you like yours and I hope you keep bonding with it  :002:.

Offline lee6r

  • Street Triple Master
  • ****
  • Posts: 628
  • Bike: Street Triple 2008
  • City / Town: Peteboghorror
  • Country: England
Re: newbie hello
« Reply #7 on: September 11, 2019, 10:16:13 AM »
 :401:
All welcome on Triumph's! :305:
Do all horses have one horse power? Think about it.........

Offline Typhon219

  • Newbie
  • *
  • Posts: 8
  • Bike: Street Triple 765 R
  • City / Town: Manchester
  • Country: UK
Re: newbie hello
« Reply #8 on: September 11, 2019, 05:30:57 PM »
Welcome from another newbie  :401:

Offline adiepage

  • Street Triple Master
  • ****
  • Posts: 837
  • Bike: Street Triple std.
  • City / Town: Mid Devon
  • Country: England
Re: newbie hello
« Reply #9 on: September 12, 2019, 06:30:15 AM »
*Originally Posted by OuzoStreet [+]
The good thing about the Street Triple is that it genuinely seems to appeal to loads of different people on here. Some have come from much bigger bikes (some still have bigger bikes at the same time) but it really seems to get under people's skin. I'm sure there are people out there that think of the Speed Triple as the "man's" bike and turn their nose up at it, but the Street is such a good all rounder, with such a fab engine and feel to it that it's hard not to like it. When I bought mine I wasn't sure if I would like going 'backwards' to a smaller, less powerful, less sporty bike, so I opted to buy a secondhand one, but it has made me smile from day one - something I'd lost from bigger bikes (due to pain whilst riding and congested roads etc). I'm glad you like yours and I hope you keep bonding with it  :002:.

I very much agree with what OS says here - there IS something very special about the Street Triple that seems to generate a level of affection and respect that, whilst not unique, is unusually strong.  I started my motorcycling in  the sixties when the test regime meant that any self respecting biker made the immediate jump to hyperspace when the L plates were ditched and a Triumph Bonneville was THE coolest machine on the planet.  Heck, The King of Cool rode one!   Since the sixties I've owned (and still own) a wide range of big machines - up to and including a GL1200 Gold Wing LE - but, I can honestly say that few have 'bitten' me in the way the ST did! 

I was riding a Tiger 800 when my wife decided to take up riding on her own machine and her test pass kind of coincided very conveniently with her friend's need to sell the 2009 ST she'd owned from new.  I say 'kind of' because we needed to collect the ST before my wife could ride it so, of course, I had the task of riding it home.  One ride.  10 miles.  SMITTEN.   The Tiger departed not very long after and the search for my own ST commenced, culminating many months later with a Tornado Red 2010 standard machine with fewer than 4,000 miles on it.

I still love my "big" bikes - I have five 90's 900 T3s, including the ridiculously tall (for me) Tiger 900 - but I have to admit that when it comes to keeping one on the road and ready to roll, the ST is the easiest - and easily the mos tall round fun!

So, Nomad, you're in the very best of company here because you are the very best of company!

 


Recent Posts/Topics

scandal-fat