Author [ES] [CA] [PL] [PT] [IT] [DE] [FR] [NL] [DK] [NO] [GR] [TR] Topic: Scottoiler  (Read 599 times)

Offline andymarks

• Street Triple Master
  • Bike: STR 2011
  • City / Town: Ramsgate
Re: Scottoiler
« Reply #10 on: October 12, 2019, 10:49:03 PM »
Had one before would never had one again.
Its no hassle to clean / lube chain when required and gives you the chance to give the whole bike a once over too.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Offline Tripleboo

• Street Triple Member
  • Bike: Street triple 765 R
  • City / Town: Stockholm
« Reply #11 on: November 08, 2019, 10:15:28 AM »
I have had a scottoiler on my last 4 chain driven bikes. If you calibrate it it does not mess up the rim no more then any other chain lube.
I think its just brilliant. On my STR I have the new simpler electric one that is easy to adjust the flow rate. My son also have and love the scottoiler on his STR.
Cheers!
//m
Here I am!

Offline Tomspurs

• Street Triple God
  • 09 ST, CRF230F, DT175MX, DT175C, PE175Z, IT175J
  • Bike: 09 Hinkley ST
  • City / Town: Wallington
« Reply #12 on: November 08, 2019, 09:16:54 PM »
My mate had a Scotoiler on his Speed and oiled all over Box Hill car part during a 20 min tea break....not a fan  :192:
Parc Ferme - Car Park Ross

Offline hotmetal

• Street Triple God
  • Bike: Street Triple R 2009
  • City / Town: Thames Valley
« Reply #13 on: November 09, 2019, 11:38:29 AM »
I had one on both my fazers as I did a lot of miles, including commuting and Europe tours, all year round. It paid for itself after 2 chain and sprockets. However it does need some attention - I found myself riding hairpins in the Pyrenees with oil all over my tyre due partly to the warmer temperature and partly due to my bad setup. They're not a magic bullet. Cost-wise you will never get back the money of the all singing all dancing electronic model - the vacuum model takes maybe 50,000 miles to pay for itself.

I didn't put one on the Street as it's not as easy to hide and I don't do enough miles now to make it worthwhile. I prefer to use gear oil and just be diligent about it. Cleaning the chain is much more of a ball ache if you use "anti fling" chain spray, which converts to a satanic hybrid of glue and grinding paste after a while. Gear oil will fling, but it removes dirt as it does. It's also easier to wipe off the wheel than chain lube.

_______
The only V8 I'm likely to own comes in one litre tetrapaks and tastes like celery.

_________
Play nicely!
Bikes I've had:
Vespa 150 Super, GPz500s, FZR600R, ZX6R, FZS1000 (x2), 2009 Matt Graphite STR
and some pedally ones as well!

Recent Posts/Topics