Author [ES] [CA] [PL] [PT] [IT] [DE] [FR] [NL] [DK] [NO] [GR] [TR] Topic: New member from Aylesbury  (Read 236 times)

0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic.

Offline Mnbrennan

  • Newbie
  • *
  • Topic Author
  • Posts: 2
  • Bike: Street Triple R
  • City / Town: Aylesbury
  • Country: United Kingdom
New member from Aylesbury
« on: November 04, 2019, 09:06:03 PM »
Hi all

I've been riding around on a 125cc for a couple of months, but quickly grew out of it and I'm sitting the full test. I passed the mod 1 on Wednesday last week and have the mod 2 on Thursday this week.

I have a deposit on a Street Triple R from 2011 and my plan is to pass the test, and trade my 125 in the same day

Here's hoping!

Offline OuzoStreet

  • Street Triple God
  • *****
  • Posts: 1155
  • Bike: Street R 2009
  • Country: UK
Re: New member from Aylesbury
« Reply #1 on: November 04, 2019, 10:40:07 PM »
Very best of luck with the test  :002:

Offline Titter

  • Street Triple Pro
  • ***
  • Posts: 113
  • Titter
  • Bike: 675R & Multi 1200
  • City / Town: Kent
  • Country: UK
Re: New member from Aylesbury
« Reply #2 on: November 05, 2019, 06:46:36 AM »
Good luck mate, and take it easy on the Triumph when you collect it  :002:
Over the hill. Loves bikes, music & family. Not necessarily in that order

Offline adiepage

  • Street Triple Master
  • ****
  • Posts: 892
  • Bike: Street Triple std.
  • City / Town: Mid Devon
  • Country: England
Re: New member from Aylesbury
« Reply #3 on: November 05, 2019, 08:50:35 AM »
*Originally Posted by Mnbrennan [+]
Hi all

I've been riding around on a 125cc for a couple of months, but quickly grew out of it and I'm sitting the full test. I passed the mod 1 on Wednesday last week and have the mod 2 on Thursday this week.

I have a deposit on a Street Triple R from 2011 and my plan is to pass the test, and trade my 125 in the same day

Here's hoping!

Hey Mn!  Hello, good morning and a very warm  :401: to the net's best for all things Street Triple!

Good to hear that your chosen path is well planned so maintain the positivity and we'll look forward to hearing the good news and seing some pictures of the new STR as soon as you get it home!   :028:

I was just pondering on the sad fact that I'm so VERY old that I haven't got a single clue what "mod 1" and "mod 2" actually are!  Mods - of any number-  had a WHOLE  different meaning to an erstwhile rocker (me, that is) taking his test in 1966 .......................................... Jeez, where did THAT lifetime go?   :008:


Be safe out there.

Regards,

Adie

Offline Mnbrennan

  • Newbie
  • *
  • Topic Author
  • Posts: 2
  • Bike: Street Triple R
  • City / Town: Aylesbury
  • Country: United Kingdom
Re: New member from Aylesbury
« Reply #4 on: November 08, 2019, 07:45:18 AM »
*Originally Posted by adiepage [+]
Hey Mn!  Hello, good morning and a very warm  :401: to the net's best for all things Street Triple!

Good to hear that your chosen path is well planned so maintain the positivity and we'll look forward to hearing the good news and seing some pictures of the new STR as soon as you get it home!   :028:

I was just pondering on the sad fact that I'm so VERY old that I haven't got a single clue what "mod 1" and "mod 2" actually are!  Mods - of any number-  had a WHOLE  different meaning to an erstwhile rocker (me, that is) taking his test in 1966 .......................................... Jeez, where did THAT lifetime go?   :008:


Be safe out there.

Regards,

Adie
Mod 1 is an off road test with slow controlled riding and a couple of higher speed exercises. The mod 2 in an on road test.

Anyway I passed with a couple of riding faults so went straight to the dealer to pick up the STR

Its not as intimidating as I first thought it would be and I love it!

Sent from my LYA-L09 using Tapatalk


Offline adiepage

  • Street Triple Master
  • ****
  • Posts: 892
  • Bike: Street Triple std.
  • City / Town: Mid Devon
  • Country: England
Re: New member from Aylesbury
« Reply #5 on: November 08, 2019, 09:35:22 AM »
*Originally Posted by Mnbrennan [+]
Mod 1 is an off road test with slow controlled riding and a couple of higher speed exercises. The mod 2 in an on road test.

Anyway I passed with a couple of riding faults so went straight to the dealer to pick up the STR

Its not as intimidating as I first thought it would be and I love it!

Sent from my LYA-L09 using Tapatalk

Well done you.  CONGRATULATIONS!! A fully 'paid up' member of the Street Triple brigade!

Enjoy every minute of it - but never forget that there's always something new to learn and you don't want to be doing it the hard way.

Have fun out there and be safe!

Regards,

Adie

Offline redstr13

  • Street Triple Pro
  • ***
  • Posts: 115
  • Bike: 13str
  • Country: England
Re: New member from Aylesbury
« Reply #6 on: November 08, 2019, 12:42:36 PM »
congratulations.😃 enjoy your new bike.

Offline Neil955i

  • Street Triple Member
  • **
  • Posts: 47
  • The older I get, the faster I was!
  • Bike: Street Triple R
  • City / Town: Crewe
  • Country: United Kingdom
Re: New member from Aylesbury
« Reply #7 on: November 08, 2019, 03:22:33 PM »
Welcome to the fold Adie.  Sure you'll love your Streety - I've been riding Hinckley Triumphs since the 90's and I love 'em.

The bike looks mint.  Keep it shiny side up and enjoy your rides.
Cheers,
Neil

Offline adiepage

  • Street Triple Master
  • ****
  • Posts: 892
  • Bike: Street Triple std.
  • City / Town: Mid Devon
  • Country: England
Re: New member from Aylesbury
« Reply #8 on: November 09, 2019, 11:10:24 AM »
*Originally Posted by Neil955i [+]
Welcome to the fold Adie.  Sure you'll love your Streety - I've been riding Hinckley Triumphs since the 90's and I love 'em.

The bike looks mint.  Keep it shiny side up and enjoy your rides.

Hey Neil - I think you meant to welcome Mnbrennan! (I've occasionally been told I'm not welcome anywhere!  :008: :008:)  I'm sure he'll take that as read.   :001:

I DO love my Street, though and I, too, have been riding Hinckleys since the '90s - in my case from 1992.   I still have my (owned from new) 1992 900 Trident; a '93 900 Tiger (the "Steamer"); two 900 Speed Triples ('95 Black and '94 Orange), and a '98 900 Sprint Exec.  Do you see a trend here?  But, I'm not exclusively a carbs-type as I have a T595, too!   

There's also a Sprint ST in there but that's not mine - least not yet.  I'm supposed to try to recommission it and see if it's worth keeping or just advising the owner to sell.


Regards,

Adie

Offline Neil955i

  • Street Triple Member
  • **
  • Posts: 47
  • The older I get, the faster I was!
  • Bike: Street Triple R
  • City / Town: Crewe
  • Country: United Kingdom
New member from Aylesbury
« Reply #9 on: November 09, 2019, 11:24:00 AM »
*Originally Posted by adiepage [+]
Hey Neil - I think you meant to welcome Mnbrennan! (I've occasionally been told I'm not welcome anywhere!  :008: :008:)  I'm sure he'll take that as read.   :001:

I DO love my Street, though and I, too, have been riding Hinckleys since the '90s - in my case from 1992.   I still have my (owned from new) 1992 900 Trident; a '93 900 Tiger (the "Steamer"); two 900 Speed Triples ('95 Black and '94 Orange), and a '98 900 Sprint Exec.  Do you see a trend here?  But, I'm not exclusively a carbs-type as I have a T595, too!   

There's also a Sprint ST in there but that's not mine - least not yet.  I'm supposed to try to recommission it and see if it's worth keeping or just advising the owner to sell.


Regards,

Adie
What a plonker!

Impressive collection Adie, I approve - especially since down the years Ive owned a 900 Sprint, 900 Daytona (black of course), a T595 and a Daytona 955i before getting the Street Triple R! What a stunning resurgence Triumph has seen. Long may it continue.


Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
Cheers,
Neil

 


Recent Posts/Topics