Author [ES] [CA] [PL] [PT] [IT] [DE] [FR] [NL] [DK] [NO] [GR] [TR] Topic: Rear mudguard  (Read 250 times)

Offline RedBikeAgain3

• Street Triple Master
  • Topic Author
  • Bike: 2015 ST ABS noneR
  • City / Town: Lincoln
Rear mudguard
« on: November 08, 2019, 04:54:59 PM »
I could spend money on the Australian / Asian market rear mudguard extension (t2302324).
Or I could get inspiration from a stiff matte black plastic document folder. 1/2 hour cutting, measuring, drilling holes and applying the the magic zip ties.
Not bad for the winter

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
Yam DT80, Honda CB250RS, Yam XJ650, Suzuki X7, Kawa GPz500, Honda CB-1 (400), Yam FZS600 and now ... ST

Offline adiepage

• Street Triple Master
  • Bike: Street Triple std.
  • City / Town: Mid Devon
Re: Rear mudguard
« Reply #1 on: November 09, 2019, 10:47:19 AM »
*Originally Posted by RedBikeAgain3 [+]
I could spend money on the Australian / Asian market rear mudguard extension (t2302324).
Or I could get inspiration from a stiff matte black plastic document folder. 1/2 hour cutting, measuring, drilling holes and applying the the magic zip ties.
Not bad for the winter

Hey RBA3 .... are you old enough to have been a Blue Peter fan?  :001:

Seriously - that is a really good bit of improvisation and practical application.  Cheap; not unattractive (uhmmmmm.... OK, not butt ugly!) and, hopefully effective.  I'm impressed!

Good work, that man!

Regards,

Adie

Offline RedBikeAgain3

• Street Triple Master
  • Topic Author
« Reply #2 on: November 09, 2019, 01:04:16 PM »
Thx Adie,
Yep, know Blue Peter. Made an Action Man Bobsleigh out of a plastic milk carton once.
Not actually butt ugly is the best I can hope for really!
Ill report back next time Im out and its wet.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Yam DT80, Honda CB250RS, Yam XJ650, Suzuki X7, Kawa GPz500, Honda CB-1 (400), Yam FZS600 and now ... ST

Offline RedBikeAgain3

• Street Triple Master
  • Topic Author
« Reply #3 on: November 17, 2019, 10:01:36 AM »
Very effective! See photo below. After a run out yesterday rear under the seat was filthy, but very little had got on to the rear light, seat top or my back.
As I discussed with the folks I was out with yesterday, it does the job I hoped for, its officially not butt ugly and, anyway, I cant see it when Im riding.

Offline adiepage

• Street Triple Master
  • Bike: Street Triple std.
  • City / Town: Mid Devon
« Reply #4 on: November 17, 2019, 10:25:56 AM »
*Originally Posted by RedBikeAgain3 [+]
Very effective! See photo below. After a run out yesterday rear under the seat was filthy, but very little had got on to the rear light, seat top or my back.
As I discussed with the folks I was out with yesterday, it does the job I hoped for, its officially not butt ugly and, anyway, I cant see it when Im riding.

Definitely nice work RBA3!  Ya durn gurd! 

It looks to be a greatly effective solution yet temporary and easily removed.     If you could find an A3 folder next time and extend it that little bit further beneath the tail unit/plate hanger and fit a hugger I reckon you might have an exceptionally clean and dry rear end (OOOOH ERRRRR, BLIMEY MOTHER!!)?   I'm assumng that your bike doesn't have a hugger as I can't see one in the photo's - does your model year normally have the hugger fitted?

Very definitely NOT butt ugly RBA3!  Unlike something like this  https://www.bikepics.com/pictures/2611936/2011-kawasaki-z1000  which seem to be gaining some popularity.

Offline shaun

• Street Triple God
« Reply #5 on: November 17, 2019, 07:33:55 PM »
Great idea will done.

Offline RedBikeAgain3

• Street Triple Master
  • Topic Author
« Reply #6 on: November 17, 2019, 07:52:38 PM »
Thanks adie, shaun.
adie - there is a hunger fitted, the pukka triumph one, it just doesnt stop much. It could do with having an extended version. Maybe another diy project!
Mitch, on here, did a mud flap fixed between the rear peg hangers. Ill have to refind it and check it out
RBA3

Recent Posts/Topics

scandal-fat