Author [ES] [CA] [PL] [PT] [IT] [DE] [FR] [NL] [DK] [NO] [GR] [TR] Topic: ST765R v 675R  (Read 344 times)

Offline madbrains76

• Topic Author
  • Bike: 2012 Street Triple R
  • City / Town: Atherstone
ST765R v 675R
« on: November 08, 2019, 07:22:38 PM »
Can anyone advise how these bikes compare back to back?
I have had a 2012 under seat pipe version for 5 years. In my opinion, the 675R is a landmark motorcycle, an incredible bike to ride in every aspect.
Should I consider an upgrade to a 765R?

Offline andymarks

• Street Triple Master
  • Bike: STR 2011
  • City / Town: Ramsgate
Re: ST765R v 675R
« Reply #1 on: November 08, 2019, 08:11:27 PM »
I had an 11 plate 675. Loved it to bits. Took a 765 out and it wasnt enough of a step up for me so opted for the speed instead. The 765 felt more solid and together but just didnt give me the same feeling as my old steed.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Offline morebeanz

• Street Triple God
  • Bike: Street Triple 765 RS
  • City / Town: Guildford
« Reply #2 on: November 08, 2019, 08:31:06 PM »
I had a 2010 R, and now have a 2017 RS. Im a mixed user, by which I mean that I commute and enjoy weekend outings, but Im not a trackday enthusiast.

The original R was an event with character, and the RS can seem a bit too smooth sometimes. However, when you really get in to the power band, I think its a completely different bike.

It has all the sweet aspects of the original, which I found benign in handling and a tendency to rescue you from your own mistakes. I have also never wheelied so much as I have on the RS!

Theyre both excellent, but, apart from the paint choices which I think are terrible, the newer model is a better machine.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
I don't just count beans, I also understand the commercial significance of beans!

Offline Tomspurs

• Street Triple God
  • 09 ST, CRF230F, DT175MX, DT175C, PE175Z, IT175J
  • Bike: 09 Hinkley ST
  • City / Town: Wallington
« Reply #3 on: November 08, 2019, 08:40:28 PM »
No...keep the one you got  :028:
Parc Ferme - Car Park Ross

Offline Red

• Street Triple God
  • Carpe diem (na Kaapstad en terug)
« Reply #4 on: November 08, 2019, 08:44:20 PM »
675R much better.

:305: :305: :305:
"Not just today"
"Vos es meus optimus amicus"
"We can't change the weather, only enjoy the challenges it brings."
"When the road gets rough, who needs tarmac? ;-)  X"
"Team Red Tours are go!"
"O" roads for the adventure
"Being quick is not about going fast,its about being slower less often"

Offline XCDC

• Street Triple Member
  • Bike: 18 765 RS
  • City / Town: Leicester
« Reply #5 on: November 09, 2019, 07:59:32 AM »
Ive got an original 08 ST and a 765 RS.  I love my 08, it was my first bike, its fitted with Maxton suspension, arrow lowboy and a few little mods and weve had a lot of fun together but the 765 for me is much better generally, not massive improvements anywhere (except for the brakes and suspension) but lots of small things that make it feel like an evolution.

I agree on the paint schemes of the new bikes, I think theyre all a bit gash but given the choice now Id buy the 765, if I didnt already own the 675 but if I owned a late 675 I wouldnt be in a rush to change (I bought the RS as the Mrs wanted a bike again so she rides the 08), Id spend the money on better suspension for the 675 and take it on loads of trips to Spain!

Offline adiepage

• Street Triple Master
  • Bike: Street Triple std.
  • City / Town: Mid Devon
« Reply #6 on: November 09, 2019, 10:40:13 AM »
*Originally Posted by madbrains76 [+]
Can anyone advise how these bikes compare back to back?
I have had a 2012 under seat pipe version for 5 years. In my opinion, the 675R is a landmark motorcycle, an incredible bike to ride in every aspect.
Should I consider an upgrade to a 765R?

Putting to one side the implicit "hostage to fortune" of your question - and the  fact that it's an obvious invitation for highly subjective opinions in response, I'd have to say that (in my highly subjective opinion!) the only person that can really and fully answer that question for you - is you!  If you get my drift?

I'm on another Triumph forum and I've seen a variety of posts from riders that have "discovered" how good the Street Triple is - as you suggest 'a landmark motorcycle' - in pretty much every aspect.  We've had pictures on here of Streets dressed ready for touring; we've got posts from riders who are racking up big mileages commuting, and we've got people setting up ST's as track day weapons or race bikes.  Now, in theory, you could do those things with ANY bike, though I suspect that few, if any, would be as capable of doing ALL as well as the Street does.

All that's a rather long-winded way of saying that, realistically, while there's nothing wrong with garnering the voice and opinions of real world experience, ultimately you should go to your nearest Triumph dealer and take a test ride on a new Street Triple.  If you can live with the looks and can't live without the rider aids and more modern features of the 765, you'll have answered your own question.  And, hopefully, set your own mind at rest?

Good luck with your choice!  Be nice to know what you choose.  :038:

Regards,

Adie

Offline Green_Ninja

• Street Triple Master
  • Bike: Street RS/Street R
  • City / Town: Sale
« Reply #7 on: November 09, 2019, 05:15:46 PM »
*Originally Posted by Red [+]
675R much better.

No it's not, it's a GREAT bike BUT the 765RS is better, not revolutionary but evolutionary. Better brakes, handling, engine, lights and SUSPENSION  IMHO having owned both a 2013 STR and currently a 2017 STRS 765 and used for commuting, track days, scratching and touring.

Offline shaun

• Street Triple God
« Reply #8 on: November 09, 2019, 06:11:08 PM »
I loved my 2009 str I did just shy of 30.000 miles in 4 years, the str was used for scratching and touring , it sounded great through its blue flame exhausts,if it hadnt been wrote off Id still have it today. Ive now got a 2017 RS 765 which is a cracking bike but it doesnt make me laugh like the str did but it could be because I am a bit older!! what makes the RS better is the suspension which is very good on the road its also a lot more comfortable for distance the seat is very good, what spoils the RS for me is the silly rider modes.like Adie says you need to do some test rides good luck.

Offline Red

• Street Triple God
  • Carpe diem (na Kaapstad en terug)
« Reply #9 on: November 09, 2019, 06:32:24 PM »
*Originally Posted by Green_Ninja [+]
No it's not, it's a GREAT bike BUT the 765RS is better, not revolutionary but evolutionary. Better brakes, handling, engine, lights and SUSPENSION  IMHO having owned both a 2013 STR and currently a 2017 STRS 765 and used for commuting, track days, scratching and touring.

The original poster was refering to a 675R and 765R, so the RS does not fall into this category. In fact they also mentioned a 2012 675R and not a 2013R.

So whilst we all are entitle to an opinion, I can at least speak about both the bikes in question having owned/own them.

Its all subjective anyway, the hooloigan 675 or Hondaish 765........take your pick, you have though. And TBH I never really liked the 2013R model, the ealiers were better stiil.  :018:

"Not just today"
"Vos es meus optimus amicus"
"We can't change the weather, only enjoy the challenges it brings."
"When the road gets rough, who needs tarmac? ;-)  X"
"Team Red Tours are go!"
"O" roads for the adventure
"Being quick is not about going fast,its about being slower less often"

Recent Posts/Topics

scandal-fat