Author [ES] [CA] [PL] [PT] [IT] [DE] [FR] [NL] [DK] [NO] [GR] [TR] Topic: Headlight Changes  (Read 473 times)

Offline EllyV6

• Street Triple Pro
  • Topic Author
  • Bike: Street Triple 2011
  • City / Town: Lancs
Headlight Changes
« on: November 14, 2019, 05:32:44 PM »
I have a 2011 version.... I have the slant eyed, fox eyed whatever you call them (  :027: ) headlights....when did the changeover from round to these type of lights happen?
Is there an official factory point for change?

just trying to establish if these have been changed over from the round ones or if they are factory fit...

Offline F5 Dave

• Street Triple Master
  • Bike: STR 11
  • City / Town: Wellington
Re: Headlight Changes
« Reply #1 on: November 14, 2019, 06:44:15 PM »
11 is the change over year, but perhaps some old stock ran over.  I like em but its taste thing.

Offline EllyV6

• Street Triple Pro
  • Topic Author
« Reply #2 on: November 14, 2019, 08:34:37 PM »
*Originally Posted by F5 Dave [+]
11 is the change over year, but perhaps some old stock ran over.  I like em but its taste thing.

Ok, that's great, thanks !

Offline OuzoStreet

• Street Triple God
  • Bike: Street R 2009
« Reply #3 on: November 14, 2019, 08:35:05 PM »
If you have a look at your VIN, you can work out what model year your bike is. For example, although mine was built in 2008 it is a 2009 model year bike. Hope that makes sense. As I type this I'm having complete brain fade, but one particular digit in the VIN sequence equates to the model year. Have a quick Google and it should come up. Sorry about that, half a useful piece of info. Anyway, once you know the model year you can work out what stuff it had as standard in theory.

Offline EllyV6

• Street Triple Pro
  • Topic Author
« Reply #4 on: November 14, 2019, 09:57:00 PM »
*Originally Posted by OuzoStreet [+]
If you have a look at your VIN, you can work out what model year your bike is. For example, although mine was built in 2008 it is a 2009 model year bike. Hope that makes sense. As I type this I'm having complete brain fade, but one particular digit in the VIN sequence equates to the model year. Have a quick Google and it should come up. Sorry about that, half a useful piece of info. Anyway, once you know the model year you can work out what stuff it had as standard in theory.

Just found a few vin code, erm, decoders....

My 2011 bike was built in 2006........ something wrong somewhere. :019:

Offline OuzoStreet

• Street Triple God
« Reply #5 on: November 14, 2019, 10:01:54 PM »
I'm guessing you need a different digit from the sequence. Also, I have to stress date of manufacture is not necessarily the same as the model year of the bike. Dunno how else to type that but I sense I'm not being as clear as I need to be. My bad. I don't have my VIN in front of me so I can't work it out unfortunately. When I looked into it I think the answer was on either the Triumph Rat or 675 forums. Again, brain fade. Oops.

Offline Tomspurs

• Street Triple God
  • 09 ST, CRF230F, DT175MX, DT175C, PE175Z, IT175J
  • Bike: 09 Hinkley ST
  • City / Town: Wallington
« Reply #6 on: November 14, 2019, 10:07:35 PM »
The change from round the Edna was on the 10 plate model...when the BlacK R with gold wheels came out  :028:...or was it 60 plate  :027:
« Last Edit: November 14, 2019, 10:09:14 PM by Tomspurs »
Parc Ferme - Car Park Ross

Offline RedBikeAgain3

• Street Triple Master
  • Bike: 2015 ST ABS noneR
  • City / Town: Lincoln
« Reply #7 on: November 14, 2019, 11:04:09 PM »
*Originally Posted by EllyV6 [+]
I have a 2011 version.... I have the slant eyed, fox eyed whatever you call them (  :027: ) headlights....when did the changeover from round to these type of lights happen?
Is there an official factory point for change?

just trying to establish if these have been changed over from the round ones or if they are factory fit...
EllyV6,
07-10 is the pukka round eye gen 1 street. 11 and 12 was a mild update, basically the original street but with the newer slanty headlights (a-la Speed Triple of that time). 13-16 was the fully gen 2, low exhaust and slanty headlights.
In short they are highly likely factory fit and you have the gen1 and bit model.
Check the model/VIN info on Fowlers Part site for slant headlights then youd be sure.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Yam DT80, Honda CB250RS, Yam XJ650, Suzuki X7, Kawa GPz500, Honda CB-1 (400), Yam FZS600 and now ... ST

Offline EllyV6

• Street Triple Pro
  • Topic Author
« Reply #8 on: November 14, 2019, 11:13:00 PM »
*Originally Posted by OuzoStreet [+]
I'm guessing you need a different digit from the sequence. Also, I have to stress date of manufacture is not necessarily the same as the model year of the bike. Dunno how else to type that but I sense I'm not being as clear as I need to be. My bad. I don't have my VIN in front of me so I can't work it out unfortunately. When I looked into it I think the answer was on either the Triumph Rat or 675 forums. Again, brain fade. Oops.

Having spent two hours trawling backwards and forwards on the net reading about people saying the 10th digit is the year and the 11 digit on the vin is the plant build I have to conclude no one a f clue !!!!

What I can say is the  people quoting the plant at position 11th are wrong , certainly for the UK and Australia and the 10th is the year making mine an 06 as the digit is "6" is wrong.

A few quoting the 11th as the year are on the case.....mine is  "C " which is 2012 model year.....B is 2011,   A is 2010 but an 09 build is " 9 "  8 is 8 ,7 is 7 etc.

Anyone care to comment ???? !!!!!!!!!!!

Offline OuzoStreet

• Street Triple God
« Reply #9 on: November 15, 2019, 12:37:37 AM »
A) cold water ain't hot

B) your bike has the softer detent spring which makes changing gear nicer (came out on 2012 model bikes). I fitted this to my 2009 R and it feels much nicer for it.

C) your headlights are stock. I'm guessing they're lighter than the round ones because the latter weigh several kilos, which is nice. Well, I think it's nice.

D) your bike has a lighter rear wheel than the earlier bikes, and lighter header pipes with thinner walls.

This is all based on the bike being a 2012 model of course. Do you have the engine covers with the Triumph logos cast into them?

Recent Posts/Topics

scandal-fat