Author [ES] [CA] [PL] [PT] [IT] [DE] [FR] [NL] [DK] [NO] [GR] [TR] Topic: Soft settings on R supension like standard STriple?  (Read 2305 times)

Offline thegazzyb

• Street Triple Pro
Re: Soft settings on R supension like standard STriple?
« Reply #10 on: May 25, 2009, 11:55:35 PM »
I think that the main problem with the standard R settings is that the rear is too firm. Maybe they use 7ft 100kilo test riders to set the bike up. Being a shortarse with 70 kilos soaking wet the rear was not suspending at all ( as confirmed by my riding buddies following me who said that the bike was just trying to spit me off ) so I had to set it to the manual's soft settings. That made a world of difference. I think the front can stay standard, never experienced any problems there at all. I'm sure on a racetrack the standard settings for the rear are ok, but if you've ever ridden over a speed bump or a pothole with them you'll soon be searching for that screwdriver. That's the advantage with the R. You are only two to three clicks all around from soft to standard or vice versa. It really is easily done, take a screwdriver with you and adjust according to the type of the riding you are about to do.

Offline Navyboy

• Street Triple Member
Re: Soft settings on R supension like standard STriple?
« Reply #11 on: May 26, 2009, 07:26:25 AM »
An interesting thread this one.

I test rode an R model and, good as it was, decided that a standard model would be fine for me.  On my cross-country route to Dover on Sunday I used a number of back roads (Some of personal favourites too) that are a good test for any bike's chassis and I've now ridden a fair few machines over this route so can compare.  I found my ST to be just about spot on.  The rear can be a move around a little (Bounce) which one could probably improve if you had a fiddle with the rebound damping but for me (6'00" and 83 Kgs) I think it's about right.

Each one to their own I guess.   :031:
Navyboy

Recent Posts/Topics

scandal-fat